What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie require more info about RCZ R.

Kerr

Reaction score
It has gone now by the looks of it. It was too cheap for the current market prices.

Kerr

Reaction score
eBay have a white 64 plate R 46k on auction with 6 days to go.

Should fetch good money.

It's been on sale for an age now. It's been on sale here too. He was wanting too much money for it before. I hope he's not set the reserve too high.

The same advert popping up all the time is off putting. It's the same pictures and description. The advert has said 46k all this time. It was 46905 at the MOT November 2019.

I also wouldn't be spending good money on a car with 3 weeks of the MOT left.

He's not making a good job of selling it.

1gav68

Reaction score
It's been on sale for an age now. It's been on sale here too. He was wanting too much money for it before. I hope he's not set the reserve too high.

The same advert popping up all the time is off putting. It's the same pictures and description. The advert has said 46k all this time. It was 46905 at the MOT November 2019.

I also wouldn't be spending good money on a car with 3 weeks of the MOT left.

He's not making a good job of selling it.
For your information im the owner , i dont use the car and there will be a new mot for the new owner and same pics as i dont take it out in the wet hence why it is a very very nice example and you pay for what you get ! 👍

1gav68

Reaction score
For your information im the owner , i dont use the car and there will be a new mot for the new owner and same pics as i dont take it out in the wet hence why it is a very very nice example and you pay for what you get ! 👍
I drove it back from the mot last year which is 3 miles from me back to my garage and dat there all year as have other cars to use hope that answers your questions

Kerr

Reaction score

I know it's your car. I double checked last night and seen you hadn't been on here for months.

What have you set the reserve at?

The advert does the sale no favours.

There is no mention that an MOT will be carried out prior to sale.

There is no break down of the FSH. Is it main dealer, if not who? A lot of FSH turn out not to be correct. Detailing work and mileage helps.

Low resolution pictures and none of the brakes. No mention of the brake condition and if you've had the discs and calipers changed. Your mileage is usually when they are needing replaced.

No mention of how many owners.

46,905+ doesn't round down to 46k.

I'm sure people looking for an R will see this advert being recycled and think something isn't right. Every other R that has come up for sale lately has sold, most within days, but your car is still hanging about.

If you're wanting top money you need to brush up on your advert to prove it's worth it.

Last edited:

1gav68

Reaction score
I know it's your car. I double checked last night and seen you hadn't been on here for months.

What have you set the reserve at?

The advert does the sale no favours.

There is no mention that an MOT will be carried out prior to sale.

There is no break down of the FSH. Is it main dealer, if not who? A lot of FSH turn out not to be correct. Detailing work and mileage helps.

Low resolution pictures and none of the brakes. No mention of the brake condition and if you've had the discs and calipers changed. Your mileage is usually when they are needing replaced.

No mention of how many owners.

46,905+ doesn't round down to 46k.

I'm sure people looking for an R will see this advert being recycled and think something isn't right. Every other R that has come up for sale lately has sold, most within days, but your car is still hanging about.

If you're wanting top money you need to brush up on your advert to prove its worth it.
I have three people wanting to view already and not that fussed if it does not sell really as will keep it and hopefully only going up and yes main dealer history , brakes are spot on as it was checked when i bought the car as i have only done very low miles in my ownership

Flanners

Reaction score
stick to your guns on price, a bespoke Halo model car. Looks a very nice example. too many chancers around in what is currently a strong sellers market.

Looking good on eBay and fetching good money!!!

Last edited:

Flanners

Reaction score
Up to a fifty under £15K with 15hrs to go!

Pedro

Reaction score
I remember seeing the original post for this car & someone did comment it needed the brake calipers tidying (cleaning up) which can make a car of this calibre look scruffy putting off buyers with a bit of nous about them if you want the top price its got to look pristine otherwise the badge counts for nothing

1gav68

Reaction score
I remember seeing the original post for this car & someone did comment it needed the brake calipers tidying (cleaning up) which can make a car of this calibre look scruffy putting off buyers with a bit of nous about them if you want the top price its got to look pristine otherwise the badge counts for nothing
The calipers are fine as i clean them regulary thankyou and brakes where overhauled when i bought it and done less than 1,000 miles any more negative remarks ?? This is why i dont really go on forums as to many jobs worth putting in stupid remarks! Rant over with

Pedro

Reaction score
The calipers are fine as i clean them regulary thankyou and brakes where overhauled when i bought it and done less than 1,000 miles any more negative remarks ?? This is why i dont really go on forums as to many jobs worth putting in stupid remarks! Rant over with
I not knocking the car its a very sellable motor its just people in general see bird shit on a window screen they want to knock £500 off the price I would buy because I know I can probably repair anything on it but as you appear to know already certain car buyers want a Ferrari for the cost of a mini ?

1gav68

Reaction score
I not knocking the car its a very sellable motor its just people in general see bird shit on a window screen they want to knock £500 off the price I would buy because I know I can probably repair anything on it but as you appear to know already certain car buyers want a Ferrari for the cost of a mini ?
Yes but i already got a ferrai also and a mini jcw as a daily car

Flanners

Reaction score
you got a strong price for the R, well done, good for other owner's as some have 'given' them away! I would want top dollar for mine too; but I'm keeping it.

The brakes are not a major issue given the discs can be bought from Peugeot for £670 and the pads are less than a hundred quid as Peugeot OE are TRW; some have paid £300 for a set! End of the day it's a bespoke sports model that cost £32K you can't run it on a shoe string.

What you buying next?

Kerr

Reaction score

It's a car enthusiasts forum for a very specific car. Many people discuss the cars that do pop up for sale. Your car was discussed before you joined here to try and sell it.

You've claimed yours is the best, so you leave yourself open to even more questions. I don't think anyone has been too harsh.

You claimed on here the car had full Peugeot service history. It doesn't.

You say the brakes are spot on. They are old and you've had the discs skimmed further. They'll need replaced and aren't spot on. I'd be very concerned about the pistons. They all go.

I do find it odd that you've been selling the car for so long and aren't sure of basic details or even how many owners the car has had.

Anyway, £15k is a good price. Hopefully all goes well with the MOT and the buyer is happy.