What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie require more info about RCZ R.

Kerr

Reaction score
I see the advert is back live on the garage's website.

I guess they weren't willing to sort the issues?

Pedro

Reaction score
Only problem is some other innocent punter may get their wallet incinerated ?🧑‍🔧

turboguy

Reaction score
As far as I know they are still fixing all the issues and should be able to collect next week. Currently they have sent me lots of extras to purchase 🤣 . Quite like the idea of unlimited smart repairs for 3 years, for £150 . Will definitely extend the warranty for £150 for the entire year. Just wondering if the ceramic coating is worth it? Its £300 which I think its a bit steep , but they reckon I wont have to polish my car again, problem is I enjoy polishing my cars ;)

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I was told by a good friend who sells the products to the trade about having a car Ceramic coating done on a new car is fine less imperfections but if you do it on a secondhand car can be a nightmare any marks or imperfections will be there for the rest of the cars life.. So I didn't have it done and just like you say£300 is that worth it... The choice is yours.. Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Only if they get a professional detailer who spend hours to days to get the paintwork 100% and the cost of getting that done will not be cheap they will more than likely get there so called valeting team to do it 🤔🙄😏.... Car washers lol 😂

Kerr

Reaction score
A warranty for £150 will cover next to nothing.

£150 for unlimited smart repairs? I can guess the standard of the repairs.

£300 for a ceramic coating? Money straight into the salesman's pocket and some cheap product thrown over the car.

Have they not sold you tyre insurance, or GAP insurance on extortionate rates?

turboguy

Reaction score
I have asked for a copy of the warranty to see if its worth while , they did say its being offered at 1/2 price 🤣, but so far nothing from them .

Ginge2202

Reaction score
As far as I know they are still fixing all the issues and should be able to collect next week. Currently they have sent me lots of extras to purchase 🤣 . Quite like the idea of unlimited smart repairs for 3 years, for £150 . Will definitely extend the warranty for £150 for the entire year. Just wondering if the ceramic coating is worth it? Its £300 which I think its a bit steep , but they reckon I wont have to polish my car again, problem is I enjoy polishing my cars ;)
Don’t take the ceramic coating. If you want it done get a professional to do it. As the car will need to be polished all over twice to get those cobweb marks out of the paint then the ceramic coating applying.

turboguy

Reaction score
Update: They are replacing the windscreen tomorrow and they claim they have fixed the brakes but the plonker hasn't seen the report on what they have done to the brakes. 🤣. I hope its a proper fix and not a bodge it job. Also I think I will avoid all the crap he is trying to flog me 🤣

turboguy

Reaction score
Hopefully the big day tomorrow when I can collect the vehicle. They have sorted the brakes, tyres and windscreen and hopefully they get the wheels refurbished sorted out today. Just hope it doesn't snow tomorrow down there or I will delay collection 😅

Last edited:

2retro

Reaction score
We are all looking forward to seeing the pictures, turboguy! 👍