What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie require more info about RCZ R.

turboguy

Reaction score
damn missed my chance to get one :(
Probably just get an Evo X GRS360 instead ;)

turboguy

Reaction score
Damn lock down, just been offered a great deal on a RCZ R but cant complete transaction due to lock down and tier 4 restriction :(

2retro

Reaction score
Maybe it will still be there in April when we come out of lockdown again... ;)

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you not put a £500 deposit for the seller to hold the car if its a car dealership..

turboguy

Reaction score
If it was local I would have gone and bought it but 180 miles away im sure I will get busted going that far to buy it :p. I doubt they will wait until April to off load it. Its a private sale and the brake issue has been fixed as well ;)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
If it was local I would have gone and bought it but 180 miles away im sure I will get busted going that far to buy it :p. I doubt they will wait until April to off load it. Its a private sale and the brake issue has been fixed as well ;)
You must be joking have you seen the traffic on the roads? Lockdown what lockdown? And I’m sure I’ve read that if you purchase something like a car and have to travel to collect it you legally can.

Ginge2202

Reaction score
I just joined to find out more about Peugeot RCZ R, as I have been trying to find one to buy but want to find out any common issues with them which might cost a fortune rectify.
I am a member of the Peugeot Sport Club so am used to driving peugeots having owned several Peugeot205's, 1x 206, 4 x 306's , 1x406 , 1x 307, and a 2008. Now that the kids have grown up I think its time for a fast car again, so hoping that newer fast peugeots are as reliable as old peugeots ;). I still run a fast old peugeot in the form of a genuine peugeot 205 turbo technics :D.

Ginge2202

Reaction score
I just joined to find out more about Peugeot RCZ R, as I have been trying to find one to buy but want to find out any common issues with them which might cost a fortune rectify.
I am a member of the Peugeot Sport Club so am used to driving peugeots having owned several Peugeot205's, 1x 206, 4 x 306's , 1x406 , 1x 307, and a 2008. Now that the kids have grown up I think its time for a fast car again, so hoping that newer fast peugeots are as reliable as old peugeots ;). I still run a fast old peugeot in the form of a genuine peugeot 205 turbo technics :D.

turboguy

Reaction score
Got offered the white one for a lot less as I put in a cheeky offer , hopefully I wont regret it..... But not risking it with Covid

Flanners

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be any real guidance on whether you can collect a car. That said the fine is £200; paid in 14 days is £100, hardly a deal breaker for owning an R with your apparent 'cheeky offer' accepted.......

turboguy

Reaction score
Bit too late now, had declined the offer and i think its sold as the listing has been removed
There doesn't seem to be any real guidance on whether you can collect a car. That said the fine is £200; paid in 14 days is £100, hardly a deal breaker for owning an R with your apparent 'cheeky offer' accepted.......

Flanners

Reaction score
You have three more to choose from on Autotrader priced from £15.5 to £16.5K; red one with 20K looks nice, an Audi Main Dealer is selling one too! If you got the P&G one you would have a decent renewable Peugeot Warranty too for at least another 5 years.

Last edited:

turboguy

Reaction score
Seen the P&G one before and its local, the first time I saw it was £13K when it had 2 owners now its had 6 owners and price has gone up a lot. I usually steer well clear of cars with that many owners in such a short period of time. Definitely tempted by the other 2 as only 2 owners and low mileage.

Kerr

Reaction score
Seen the P&G one before and its local, the first time I saw it was £13K when it had 2 owners now its had 6 owners and price has gone up a lot. I usually steer well clear of cars with that many owners in such a short period of time. Definitely tempted by the other 2 as only 2 owners and low mileage.

How long have you been looking? The last time that car was up for sale was May 2018. It's not passed through owners for a while.

Coupes that aren't easy to live with and pass through hands easier than 4 seater saloons. Your alternative to a RCZ R is an Evo 360 which is the complete opposite of a RCZ R. Are you sure you're looking for the right car?

You've passed up a bargain at just £10.5k. You offered just £9.5k as you wanted a a red or black one.

You've then had a cheeky offer accepted for the white one that has had all maintenance carried out, but then backed out for someone else to step in.

You've been on here since August. I am not sensing that you are a serious buyer.

The red one looks nice, but Rally DNA?

turboguy

Reaction score
You've been on here since August. I am not sensing that you are a serious buyer.
Im just very picky with cars and never rush out to buy one :p. Looked at over 100 gti's before I bought one is an example of my pickyness 🤣. Anyway think I following up on the black one 15 plate