What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie require more info about RCZ R.

Kerr

Reaction score
Again to be plain, what all those current advisories, the previous MOT history including the fail, the previous advisories and the nature of them, they all scream to me neglect. It failed on not having any washer fluid, so you have to ask yourself about the degree of care given to the vehicle by the previous owner. He/she obviously did not want to spend any money at all. The damage to the windscreen has been on there for at least 3 years, I would have got that sorted as soon as it happened.

You have not mentioned anything regards the service history of this vehicle. If the previous owner has left it in the state that it currently is, you really need to ask yourself why and has it been serviced as it should. Is the dealer giving you any sort of warranty on the vehicle?

If the dealer does not fix ALL of the problem's this vehicle obviously has and give's you a warranty, I would steer away and look for something else.

The fail for the washer providing insufficient washer liquid wouldn't concern me. It's an easy fix.

Another MOT flags up an empty coolant header tank.

The previously damaged windscreen was outside zone A. 2019/20 was no advisory and 2021 is zone A. It's already had a windscreen before.

The MOT history isn't bad. I've seen much worse. Everything on it can be rectified.

The advert is terrible that it mentions nothing about the service history or the car. They are very vague and still expect buyers to click to buy.

The majority of the Rs that have come up for sale all do because the brakes are needing replaced. Everyone is avoiding that bill and trading them in.

If the garage sorts the issues on that car then the price is a bargain. If the dealer doesn't fix the issues on that car then I stick to my original opinion. The dealer is selling that car cheap as he knows it needs good money spent on it.

Ginge2202

Reaction score

Woodso

Reaction score
The more I look at this vehicle and it's history, the more I think that I would run away. I get a gut feeling that it has not been looked after. Is it a Part Ex?

turboguy

Reaction score
Yes its a part ex on a new vehicle. Got the news today from them they will fix all the faults found on the car,ie windscreen, tyres , and brakes etc. They offering 6months warrantee on the car. They did tell me the car only arrived the day I reserved it so they didnt know about any of the damage,only after putting it through the MOT they discovered the faults which they said they will rectify. It suppose to have a FSH as I have already asked them about it.
I will only buy it if they definitely fix all the faults cos I cant justify in spending more money on repairs. Saving my money on restoring my old 205 CTi

Last edited:

Ginge2202

Reaction score
Yes its a part ex on a new vehicle. Got the news today from them they will fix all the faults found on the car,ie windscreen, tyres , and brakes etc. They offering 6months warrantee on the car. They did tell me the car only arrived the day I reserved it so they didnt know about any of the damage,only after putting it through the MOT they discovered the faults which they said they will rectify. It suppose to have a FSH as I have already asked them about it.
I will only buy it if they definitely fix all the faults cos I cant justify in spending more money on repairs. Saving my money on restoring my old 205 CTi
Sounds like your on to a winner!!!

2retro

Reaction score
So they're replacing the whole front brakes (discs & calipers), not just the pads?

turboguy

Reaction score
He did said he will replace the brakes but to what extent im not sure, all I know is that if its not adequate I will walk away from the deal and forget about RCZ R's :eek:

turboguy

Reaction score
with newer cars I was down to about 5 cars I wanted. RCZ R being no1 , Then either a EVO X or RS Focus on a 17/18 plate followed by a cheap mini cooper S or civic type R

Kerr

Reaction score
If they do all the work promised then the price is a steal. An absolute steal. They must have noticed the other two cars on Autotrader are £4-5k more. Even the most expensive one the brakes look a bit tired.

A good dealer inspects cars before putting them for an MOT. They shouldn't be using an MOT for catching faults.

If they really didn't know the costs, they are about to get a shock to find RCZ R parts aren't the same price as 207 parts.

Ian J.

Reaction score
with newer cars I was down to about 5 cars I wanted. RCZ R being no1 , Then either a EVO X or RS Focus on a 17/18 plate followed by a cheap mini cooper S or civic type R
RcZR will hold its value better than the others and is better looking so faults fixed you should be ok

Flanners

Reaction score
All sounds very woolly. Be interested to see if they honour the price once they actually 'rectify' the faults, even if the brake job is around £800 for discs and pads and not £1800. Either that or they don't appear to know what they're selling which works well for you IF the warranty they supply is legit. The brakes and an issue with the windscreen is small fry in comparison to what the effects have been running the car with low coolant if the MOT advisory is 'correct'.

I'm tired of hearing the brake issue is a massive deal breaker for R sales, it's a consumable part on a bespoke high performance car.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
All sounds very woolly. Be interested to see if they honour the price once they actually 'rectify' the faults, even if the brake job is around £800 for discs and pads and not £1800. Either that or they don't appear to know what they're selling which works well for you IF the warranty they supply is legit. The brakes and an issue with the windscreen is small fry in comparison to what the effects have been running the car with low coolant if the MOT advisory is 'correct'.

I'm tired of hearing the brake issue is a massive deal breaker for R sales, it's a consumable part on a bespoke high performance car.

The calipers will need refurbished, or replaced, and there is labour costs too. It's not an £800 job.

The brakes are a big issue. It's why the majority of cars that come up for sale are at the point they are needing done. Nobody wants the bill.

The advice is to warn Turbofan to factor in what is potentially a big bill and hassle. Most people would expect a dealer to change the brakes when they are so worn.

Pedro

Reaction score
Buying a second hand car & what to look out for aka "The Good The Bad & The Horrendous.". I had the choice of 3 RCZs & picked the 200GT the best one because I could tell exactly what I was getting for my £10.000 & having a history of over 40yrs of repairing cars I can spot a pile of crap a mile off my youngest Lad has had 6 cars off dealers & I always give him one of my scanners to take with him when he has found a car he likes so he can get any fault code history before he commits to buying as its better than ending up with Trading Standards chasing the scammers

Flanners

Reaction score
The calipers will need refurbished, or replaced, and there is labour costs too. It's not an £800 job.

The brakes are a big issue. It's why the majority of cars that come up for sale are at the point they are needing done. Nobody wants the bill.

The advice is to warn Turbofan to factor in what is potentially a big bill and hassle. Most people would expect a dealer to change the brakes when they are so worn.
A dealer selling a car £000s under the going rate gives rise to many bigger questions than speculating on a possible caliper refurb.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
A dealer selling a car £000s under the going rate gives rise to many bigger questions than speculating on a possible caliper refurb.
Yep I reckon they want a quick sale to get it off their hands

turboguy

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones help, hopefully it will go smoothly if it doesnt then I just wont buy it ;)

Marmite

Reaction score
Im just very picky with cars and never rush out to buy one :p. Looked at over 100 gti's before I bought one is an example of my pickyness 🤣. Anyway think I following up on the black one 15 plate
Took my R out last night I don’t do many miles now an had all sorts of warning ⚠️ 🛑 coming on due to low battery , took it around the bypass to go shopping ! An gave it a good clear out all the way up to infinity an beyond ..... god it’s quick , think a new battery might be on the shopping list ? ...... just buy one why u can I love ❤️ it