What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie require more info about RCZ R.

Kerr

Reaction score
That one has been taken off Autotrader already. That's fast!

Marmite

Reaction score
I thought the car market would be dead with Coronavirus, but it's the opposite so far. The few RCZ Rs that have come up recently have sold fast. Strong money too.

The front brakes are the big one. You're about £900 for discs from Peugeot. There is limited aftermarket options that I can see. Tarox are over £1000..

Ferrodo DS2500 pads are £185.

You'll then have labour costs on top of that if you're not doing it yourself.

The pistons corrode(mild steel) inside the calipers. Companies do offer stainless kits, but you want to know the calipers aren't too far gone.

Good luck on the search.

Attachments

• DB1C54CD-B627-415E-9570-A7F079ED7BA4.png
    DB1C54CD-B627-415E-9570-A7F079ED7BA4.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 20

Kerr

Reaction score
I've never seen anyone ever use Arnold Shark's name as a positive before. 😃

The registration plate doesn't show up. £20k is just dreaming regardless of the low mileage.

Marmite

Reaction score

DKZ5745

Reaction score
BTW, I haven’t bought an R sticker for it yet, but I can get one if I get the right offer 🤥

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve just had a god look at the ad for this one, it is a very nice car, but massively overpriced. It’s basically a 200bhp GT Line with a body kit & some fake R badges. I don’t like the Christmas decorations hanging from the mirror, or the Playboy Bunny sticker on the dash. The R badges would have to go too. Not over keen on the stick on rear spoiler either.
If he’d take that lot off I’d offer him 10 for it. It is on gumtree after all & you only ever get half what your asking on there.

turboguy

Reaction score
Yes its very difficult to find one at the moment, conatcted a few on autotrader but got no reply from any............Also one of them had a colour mismatch which I queried according to DVLA its white but they advertised it as silver.

Flanners

Reaction score
Nice Moroccan on eBay for £15K with 22k miles. Good to see quality R's holding at top end £12K+

The seller with the apparent 'DIY R speical edition' is somewhat delusional.

I would want a used R with a Peugeot Warranty to take care of any possible issues, I got 18months with mine from previous owner and this has paid for a new pump, coil packs and two front springs. I will be renewing this in Novemeber.

The Alcon brakes are expensive however Fish Brothers (Peugeot Parts Direct) are doing pairs of the Alcon discs for £672 delivered, I have just bought a set for as and when needed.:) and the warranty covers any piston issues up to 100K and 10 years old.

apple3337

Reaction score
I've just ordered a set of Alcon discs and pads all around from Fish Bros for that day when they need doing. With shipping and 10% tax at my end, they still end up half price as dealer prices here!!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score

I've just read that ad, that guy is more barmy than me.
A mildly Barried 200 RCZ for 20k?

Pedro

Reaction score
Watch out for A Cat D (Insurance write off) knocking about around £11.950 ! Its possibly repairable if you have deeeeeeep Pockets o_O

Kerr

Reaction score
Nice Moroccan on eBay for £15K with 22k miles. Good to see quality R's holding at top end £12K+

The seller with the apparent 'DIY R speical edition' is somewhat delusional.

I would want a used R with a Peugeot Warranty to take care of any possible issues, I got 18months with mine from previous owner and this has paid for a new pump, coil packs and two front springs. I will be renewing this in Novemeber.

The Alcon brakes are expensive however Fish Brothers (Peugeot Parts Direct) are doing pairs of the Alcon discs for £672 delivered, I have just bought a set for as and when needed.:) and the warranty covers any piston issues up to 100K and 10 years old.

What's the piston warranty cover?

I've heard of some goodwill claims, but not a warranty as long as that.

Pedro

Reaction score

Does that Piston cover apply only if you have a full Dealer service History stamped Book up to the 100.000Klm plus any Engine repairs History included? Looks like you would have a to spend a small fortune to reap the rewards ?

Flanners

Reaction score

The corroded pistons are covered in the warranty and several R owner's have had replacement (not refurbed) calipers from Peugeot Warranty claims due to this issue, it's not considered wear and tear. As the piston can damage the discs some have had these replaced too. The Peugeot Warranty is pretty darn good in my experience/claims and the car will be nearly 11 years old when eventually the cover is not available.

Last edited: