What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New 2013 RCZ available in the shop's now

A

Anonymous

RCZ1, how very exciting. I love buying a new/different car. However, i have never gone for the "same" car twice and tend to spend a HUGE amount of time looking at my options within my price. No doubt looking at all the various options is taking up quite a bit of your time too! I will be very interested to know what you make of the new red in the metal.

RON, what a heartfelt message, particularly the second paragraph!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I can understand you feeling as you do. Sounds as though you had not told the finance company the whole truth though. So what are your options now? Several deals have come to nothing and so quite clearly your circumstances are not straight forward. How much longer do you have on the current RCZ contract and do you have a "to buy option" and if so, is this an option? Will time change your circumstances in the eyes of the financing companies eyes as you are now working? If in any doubt as to your acceptability in their eyes, personally I wouldn't be looking at new cars and building up my hopes and desires only to be left feeling as you do right now. Obviously I do not know exactly what has occurred but from reading your posts it does seem that you sign on the line and then it falls through, so is it always for the same reason or are you simply unlucky?
I went on a spending spree after a couple of heart attacks, as I believed that I had so much money saved and it was stupid to die and not to have enjoyed some of it. After a second heart operation and still being alive and a bank balance that was no longer as healthy as it had been, I now realise that depreciation on new cars is too much for me to stand. I lost £30K in depreciation over this short period and now I have decided to cut my cloth according to my income and stop delving into the savings to support my desire for new cars.
What I am trying to say Jassy is live within your means, stop striving to keep up an appearance beyond your ability to finance it and life will seem a whole lot fairer.

:clap: :clap: very well said and put ron lad ....i think that is a lesson in life we can all understand :beer:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I can understand you feeling as you do. Sounds as though you had not told the finance company the whole truth though. So what are your options now? Several deals have come to nothing and so quite clearly your circumstances are not straight forward. How much longer do you have on the current RCZ contract and do you have a "to buy option" and if so, is this an option? Will time change your circumstances in the eyes of the financing companies eyes as you are now working? If in any doubt as to your acceptability in their eyes, personally I wouldn't be looking at new cars and building up my hopes and desires only to be left feeling as you do right now. Obviously I do not know exactly what has occurred but from reading your posts it does seem that you sign on the line and then it falls through, so is it always for the same reason or are you simply unlucky?
I went on a spending spree after a couple of heart attacks, as I believed that I had so much money saved and it was stupid to die and not to have enjoyed some of it. After a second heart operation and still being alive and a bank balance that was no longer as healthy as it had been, I now realise that depreciation on new cars is too much for me to stand. I lost £30K in depreciation over this short period and now I have decided to cut my cloth according to my income and stop delving into the savings to support my desire for new cars.
What I am trying to say Jassy is live within your means, stop striving to keep up an appearance beyond your ability to finance it and life will seem a whole lot fairer.

Ron are you implying i live beyond my means :? Defintely not you spend your money whatever you want and so will i my rcz is in my name CAPEESH i couldnt get finance for 2 cars simultaneously as the rcz still has 4 months to go then cheerio :wave: Capeesh hence my mother volunteered i was paying the full £11,200 up front for the full lease to my mum do you think i am user,I dont live beyond my means,And whilst were at it i wouldnt lose A 5 figure sum£ on a car because it never had xenons
:thumbdown: :thumbdown:
YOUR SO PRESUMTIOUS

And Mel stick your clappa handy's smiley's Where The Sun Dont Shine Capeesh some............people.......eh :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jassy, I think a little more respect should be shown to both Ron and Mel. I think you have misunderstood what Ron and Mel have been saying. Finance is a very strict business and anything out of the ordinary is obviously going to make finance companies shy away especially in a triple dip recession. I think a bit of reflection is required and maybe an apology, or two :)

A

Anonymous

back to the subject. viewing the new rcz on wednesday, with an open mind. :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
bee said:
back to the subject. viewing the new rcz on wednesday, with an open mind. :eusa-think:

Where you viewing it bee?

I'm going to Scunny on Monday to view the new red RCZ, which they have in their showroom.

Let us know what you think?
How's the Veloster going ?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Jassy, I think a little more respect should be shown to both Ron and Mel. I think you have misunderstood what Ron and Mel have been saying. Finance is a very strict business and anything out of the ordinary is obviously going to make finance companies shy away especially in a triple dip recession. I think a bit of reflection is required and maybe an apology, or two :)

I dont strive to keep up APPEARANCES for a start :evil: i wouldnt have a peugeot for a start if i did :wtf: my car is my hobby and being so every spare penny i have is put past for the next jassy mobile "my take on rons post" was if you cant buy it cash dont :wtf: THATS NOT MY VIEW :crazy: even if i had the whole asking price in my bank account i wouldnt be so stupid to wipe my bank account clear so i could own a piece of metal that sheds money by the bucket load

I dont do bank loans.I dont do credit cards i have only four months of a rcz to pay, the bmw was taking 10 weeks to come

"Respect" is "earned" As "Tom Hanks" says in "Saving Private Ryan" :?: :?: :?:

Maybe Jasonh is right about this forum :beer:

Sod this :roll: bye

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
OO58RON said:

Ron are you implying i live beyond my means :? Defintely not you spend your money whatever you want and so will i my rcz is in my name CAPEESH i couldnt get finance for 2 cars simultaneously as the rcz still has 4 months to go then cheerio :wave: Capeesh hence my mother volunteered i was paying the full £11,200 up front for the full lease to my mum do you think i am user,I dont live beyond my means,And whilst were at it i wouldnt lose A 5 figure sum£ on a car because it never had xenons
YOUR SO PRESUMTIOUS

And Mel stick your clappa handy's smiley's Where The Sun Dont Shine Capeesh some............people.......eh :thumbdown:
jassy old pal if you recall a while back jactac put up a post about getting his son a new car on that topic i posted about children ....i had posts back good and bad in which you had a little pop !! you need to grow up lad .. the post ron put up was information that will stand us all in good stead through life !

A

Anonymous

Now now folks lets end this here before it escalates ANY further!! Jassy, I don't think that Mel was actually directing his remarks towards you on this occasion mate. Mel, your response is verging on a breach of your agreed terms and conditions. Lets bury the hatchet and move on. I'm "new school" (or is that nu skool...crazy kids? ;) ) and a lover not a fighter so lets bring the love back!! :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
C'mon guys, please keep this civil and don't be drawn into anything. It's really not worth it.

Now about the 2013 RCZ.......

A

Anonymous

mel said:
jassyo06 said:
OO58RON said:

Ron are you implying i live beyond my means :? Defintely not you spend your money whatever you want and so will i my rcz is in my name i couldnt get finance for 2 cars simultaneously as the rcz still has 4 months to go then cheerio :wave: hence my mother volunteered i was paying the full £11,200 up front for the full lease to my mum do you think i am user,I dont live beyond my means,And whilst were at it i wouldnt lose A 5 figure sum£ on a car because it never had xenons
:
jassy old pal if you recall a while back jactac put up a post about getting his son a new car on that topic i posted about children ....i had posts back good and bad in which you had a little pop !! the post ron put up was information that will stand us all in good stead through life ! but please if you want to be offensive towards me ...ime old school old pal .

i didn't even know you where a member on this forum, you hardly post on this forum which means your interest in this forum is nominal at best...... :lol:

YOU would be "Banned" on any other forum for this and a certain Gentleman has let you OFF lightly.And another lady said i should give the likes of you respect :lol:

I could go on but the gentleman i am will refrain from lowering myself to your level Mel so leave it ALONE and Ronaldo you seem to be a Catalyst on several occassion's over the last year "remenber Mr Shiney" for really heated debates/ so think before jumping in with those big feet of your's :)

A

Anonymous

I have given this some thought over the last several hours and have gone back to Mel's post and edited it for the reasons listed. Efforts to threaten or intimidate ANY member by ANY member will not be tolerated. I do not wish to speak for other members of the admin team but I know that this is something that we ALL feel strongly about. :!: Now can we please all move on and get back on topic :roll: ...so...the "new" RCZ then... :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think this has gone far enough.

Mel, your response, as mrizzle said, was breaching the rules of the forum. Threatening behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated. Retaliation is very easy, I know, but is not the thing to do.

Jassy, I truly believe you misinterpreted Ron's initial post as well as Mel's initial reply. However, your response was abrupt and your choice of words was not the best. The written word can come across in many ways on a forum as its difficult to determine tone, etc. it's not the first time that your tone/reply has been so abrupt.

I suggest you all take a step back and cool down for a day or two. We don't want or need any bad feeling on the forum. In future, I suggest, you all take a moment to think before you press the "post reply" button.

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I haven't been around much lately. Been reading posts fairly regularly but not posting. I went to see the face lifted RCZ over the weekend and really liked it. So I placed my order there and then.

I went for RCZ GT THP 200 (petrol), Nero Black, Technical Storm Grey Alloys, Black Mistral Leather, RT6 Connect SatNav, JBL HiFi Pack, Black Pack, Vision Pack (Xenons)

I also don't normal stick to same car but I have really enjoyed my RCZ and with the upgrade for 156 to 200 bhp, Xenon Lights I am hoping it will feel like a new car.

My one disappointment is the RT6 Sat Nav, yes they have halved the price but also halved the spec. The 3 things I use most have been removed, that is the SD Card Reader, Internal Hard Drive and the Internal Phone. As I say the SD card has been my most used feature of the system. I have filled my hard drive with all my music then I used my SD Card for listening to PodCasts and the such like downloaded from Internet.

I will be able to attach a Hard drive to the USB port for my music, but have to swap it out for USB stick to listen to PodCasts, or constantly have to bring hard drive indoors to upload more stuff.

As for the phone I just preferred using it to Bluetooth.

It sounds like I am moaning but deep down I am really excited about getting my new RCZ not sure how long to wait but if anything like first one I should be driving by Mid-May :( but lets hope sooner.

A

Anonymous

Nice one. :thumbup: Sounds like you bought the entire options list :clap: I don't like the sound of the downgrade of the sat nav. I use the hard drive all of the time and keep my sim card in the phone so would also miss that too. The SD card reader is one of those things that I have not found a use for yet.
Be great to see some shots of the new rCZ when she arrives

Smiler

Reaction score
No surprise to me about the satnav
Some peeps on here seem to think it was going to be an upgrade for half the price.Time to get real lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Yes Smiler I agree - Even the salesman had told me there was no way they would downgrade the SatNav when I inquired a couple of weeks ago. I love my gadgets so it's a real shame, pity they couldn't have 2 versions, I suppose it was the cost Salesman told me I was the only person who had ordered SatNav as an extra first time round, so I suppose Peugeot are trying to entice more people with the lower cost.

Hi OO58RON - I have upped the spec as far as I am able to afford, and didn't really want Intergral Leather. I am hoping the higher spec and 200bhp make it feel as if I have a different car as I usually don't do same model twice running.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Yes Smiler I agree - Even the salesman had told me there was no way they would downgrade the SatNav when I inquired a couple of weeks ago. I love my gadgets so it's a real shame, pity they couldn't have 2 versions, I suppose it was the cost Salesman told me I was the only person who had ordered SatNav as an extra first time round, so I suppose Peugeot are trying to entice more people with the lower cost.

Hi OO58RON - I have upped the spec as far as I am able to afford, and didn't really want Intergral Leather. I am hoping the higher spec and 200bhp make it feel as if I have a different car as I usually don't do same model twice running.

From what you chaps have said I'm little surprised its taken a backward step like this. I thought the hard drive was a great touch seeing as there is no multi changer available but the new sat nav is a nice number, a mate had it in his 508 company car. It just could be better with some additions.

Bet you can't wait to get your new motor GrantP, have you driven a 200 Z before purchasing?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Sounds great to me grantp and I hope that you'll share some photos of her when she arrives. I, like you, have never had the same car twice but the new RCZ obviously won you round and, in my experience, the difference between the 156 and 200 BHP engines is fairly noticeable so hopefully that difference will make the car feel different enough for you. I too would have gone for the Vision pack as that's something I still kick myself about not having gone for.

Very interested to hear of the changes to the sat nav system as that's certainly news to me.