What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New 2013 RCZ available in the shop's now

A

Anonymous

Hi "ladies & Gentleman" George Michael's arguable his best album :thumbup: the new 2013 rcz is availble to view at the the showrooms/test drive, so i have been waiting on this invite by a sales chap from hardies of Stirling going tomorrow for a wee test drive on one 200gt. I have given him= alan the spec i want pearl paint.200 bhp, vision pack, upgraded alloys basically the one in the advert :wave:

So i will wait with baited breath on Peugeots finance figures and before anyone says jassy you change your mind like the weather its between the rcz and the Audi A3 sportsback Quattro S-line 187bhp/dsg for a march/april change

but i thought i would let Folks Know its on the shelves now :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I, for one, will be interested in how you get on. Let us know how the test drive goes :)

Yes, " Ladies and Gentlemen" is a terrific album. One of my favourites.

A

Anonymous

George Michael...really Jassy?!? I'm saying nothing...

However, will be very interested to hear how you get on and hopefully the figures work out as something realistic. Was interested to read a review of the new Sportback in Auto Express the other day. They actually say that the Sportback is superior to the standard A3 in terms of everything including, and this surprised me, handling. They are also quite complimentary about the Diesel engine that you mention. Saw a new red Focus ST last week and it looks absolutely ace! I really like the black one in The Sweeney although, having watched Top Gear, I am aware that it isn't actually an ST but a tarted up version to make it look like one. Still...looks ace and rather menacing!

One thing about the A3 that I really hope they have addressed is the cabin (although Auto Express weren't overly complimentary about it). When I went to look at them before buying the RCZ (although this was obviously not the new model) I was astounded by the strange layout, buttons for the windows actually set to far back so that you're actually reaching back on yourself, lack of cubby holes and cup holders (although these could also be criticisms of the RCZ). The rest of the cabin all felt a bit cramped but perhaps they have addressed these in the "new" version.

Maybe I missed this but did you ever get the DS5 for a shotty? How did you get on if you did get it?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Just my opinion that I am voicing here, but I really don't see the point of the A3. I really feel its a "nothing" car and really don't understand why anyone buys them. To me, they are devoid of any styling flair whatsoever and just plain boring. In fact, I would say, THE most boring car on the road and that would include any Kia, Hyundai (who actually make very good cars these days), etc. Sorry but I just don't get them :(

A

Anonymous

I was looking at the S3. I do think that they're rather smart but they are a dime a dozen on the roads. The new version (like with the Golf) doesn't demonstrate much imagination on the part of the designers. They are practically the same car. However, the new golf is getting raved about scoring 5 stars in all categories apart from cost in Auto Express and the GTD and GTI versions look great albeit not markedly different from the previous versions.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Just my opinion that I am voicing here, but I really don't see the point of the A3. I really feel its a "nothing" car and really don't understand why anyone buys them. To me, they are devoid of any styling flair whatsoever and just plain boring. In fact, I would say, THE most boring car on the road and that would include any Kia, Hyundai (who actually make very good cars these days), etc. Sorry but I just don't get them :(

The A3 is a boring looking thing 3 door even in "S GUISE AGREED" it looks better in 5 door unlike the golf which looks better 3 door :wtf: but going to kill 2 birds with on stone as they say taking Avril out for a nice lunch and me a test drive in stirling finish work at 2 then off for a drive then lunch been working silly hours aint had a day off since jan 3rd :(

but the thing is the new grill will wear off as will the xenons,paint,wheels thats what stopping going really for it i like audis inside in S-line form

anybody else got some other input :cry: as to what car i should get the ST/VXR GTC but i hate gm cars

jassy fubar for new car :cry:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes, I'm not a great fan of Golfs either. As you say,pretty conservative designing and I think, too tall, like a Fabia VRS, to be a really sporting car although I appreciate the GTIs and GTDs are rather powerful and fun to drive. My husband had a number of Golf GTIs over the years but they never really did anything for me.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I was looking at the S3. I do think that they're rather smart but they are a dime a dozen on the roads. The new version (like with the Golf) doesn't demonstrate much imagination on the part of the designers. They are practically the same car. However, the new golf is getting raved about scoring 5 stars in all categories apart from cost in Auto Express and the GTD and GTI versions look great albeit not markedly different from the previous versions.

They are only ten A penny up your way rizz"no reccession" but very scarce doon in glasgow :cry: the new MKV11 gti doesnt come out 2014 :cry:

A

Anonymous

BI----the way Rizz Geo is the most UK listened/purchased solo artist EVER mate :lol: :lol: just google it :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I looked at a GTC but again, that didn't grab me either. You may be right, the new front grill, alloys, etc might wear off over time, but it hasn't so far with Mk1 RCZ and having looked around at other cars, nothing is capturing my imagination, in my budget of course. I've even dabbled looking at a TT but even they look so boring next to a RCZ. I actually think the Roadster looks better than the coupe but the soft top puts me off (all my other convertibles have had hard tops). Even looked at Mazda MX5, which you can get dirt cheap, even brand new models, but I think that is a little too low for my Mum to get in and out of.

So to summarise, I think my love affair with the RCZ is still ignited and will be for some time yet :)

A

Anonymous

I like the GTC and the new Megane cup edition but believe that the interiors of both are rather disappointing. I'm really liking the new ST personally but, that said, I love my RCZ and will be holding on to mine for some time yet!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
I do like the Megane Cup and even went to look at one, but the dealer had a "couldn't care less" attitude and because they didn't have one in stock, basically told me to go and look elsewhere. If they really wanted my business, they would have gone out of their way to get one down to their showroom for me to test drive. I'm afraid they lost a sale there :(

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I do like the Megane Cup and even went to look at one, but the dealer had a "couldn't care less" attitude and because they didn't have one in stock, basically told me to go and look elsewhere. If they really wanted my business, they would have gone out of their way to get one down to their showroom for me to test drive. I'm afraid they lost a sale there :(

It's a terrible attitude isn't it. I had a similar experience in my local Volkswagen dealership. I went in interested in placing an order for a Scirocco TSI GT. I'd had my heart set on one and went in with every intention of doing the deal there and then. They didn't acknowledge me when I came in nor come near me despite sitting in the Scirocco in the showroom. I had to actively seek out a salesman and after his laissez faire attitude, I walked out on the whole thing. I guess in some ways I should be grateful because it was after that experience that I went for the RCZ although it was a close run thing between that and the Alfa Romeo Giulietta Cloverleaf edition (I have a soft spot for Alfas).

RCZ1

Reaction score
Snowy87 said:
jassyo06 said:
RCZ1 said:

The A3 is a boring looking thing 3 door even in "S GUISE AGREED" it looks better in 5 door unlike the golf which looks better 3 door :wtf: but going to kill 2 birds with on stone as they say taking Avril out for a nice lunch and me a test drive in stirling finish work at 2 then off for a drive then lunch been working silly hours aint had a day off since jan 3rd :(

but the thing is the new grill will wear off as will the xenons,paint,wheels thats what stopping going really for it i like audis inside in S-line form

anybody else got some other input :cry: as to what car i should get the ST/VXR GTC but i hate gm cars

jassy fubar for new car :cry:

Wait and see what the price for the Alfa 4C is. That is gonna be one hell of a motor :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've no doubt about that but I wouldn't be able to afford a brand new one. Maybe when they've been out a couple of years but that's a wee while away yet :(

A

Anonymous

I'd be right in there for a 4C if I had the money but, at £46,000 from new (and that's with no options), it is some way out of my reach.

A

Anonymous

It's a snip at either price but still outside of my budget either way. :( Well...unless those all important 6 numbers roll in for me in the right way...

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/Audi_A3_S-Line.jpg
Is this the car that you are talking about Jassy? If so it falls way behind the RCZ in the looks department

That's a old model

RCZ1

Reaction score
This is a new model S3

A

Anonymous

The new A3's interior looks like like the A1 now , but as the A1 has sold in droves i guess that's what people like?
The problem with Audi's is everything is extra , the 180 bhp Quattro is £28k plus to get to a decent spec you will spend another 2-3k, you even have to pay extra for folding mirrors!
Even the S-Line suspension is extra as its just sports suspension.
leather in the Audi is £500 for the pleasure, then you have to pay again to electrical adjust then again to heat them!
The quattro doesn't arrive until later in the year so you wouldn't get delivery for March/April.