What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GUIDE: Updating the firmware, maps and installing risk areas (RADARs) on NG4

Daintree

Reaction score
It seems that the Eastern version does not (or less) cover the following countries:
Andorra, France, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Ireland, Monaco, Portugal and Spain
but has additional (or better) coverage for:
Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus

Since Romania only appears as partial coverage on the BMW (Eastern Europe) maps, it would be interesting to know if the original 2016 PSA maps with full coverage of Romania (of course given the conditions at that time) are better or weaker than the 2020 BMW partially covered variant.

Last edited:

NF7

Reaction score
No idea, but as mentioned before.

The 2021-1 maps in the OP are based on BMW West.

The 2020-2 maps in the OP are based on BMW East (Ross_Rusev provided the link).

I personally can use either (Slovenia luckily counts as Central Europe and is included in both).

Best bet for you is to try installing 2020-2 and see how it works.

Daintree

Reaction score
Ross Rusev Link in first post goes to:
NG4_2020.2_EAST correct.rar = 2,52 GB / 4,52 GB
I think it`s east europe without POIs

Supplementarry link:
Cartes_NG4_2020_2_POI2016.zip = 7,92 GB
It looks like this could contain the original POIs

Here is a link for PSA_2016-2:
2016_Q2.zip = 8,65 GB

Edit:
Warning: if you don't have a premium account for MEGA (IP related), you can only download 5GB at a time.
But that shouldn't cause a problem: Download the 5GB, let the process rest for about 5 hours and continue the download!

Last edited:
Reactions: NF7

Zardos

Reaction score
Hi guys, what am I doing wrong this time! Just tried to look at POI in my area, UK, Sheffield and there aren’t any! Are they in a separate file I need to download? Or is there a setting I need to change

NF7

Reaction score
Hi guys, what am I doing wrong this time! Just tried to look at POI in my area, UK, Sheffield and there aren’t any! Are they in a separate file I need to download? Or is there a setting I need to change
POI in the 2021-1 maps are not included. It's a version of the maps without 2016 POI's included. There is not a separate installation file. I'm waiting for the 2022 version with the POI and will update the links accordingly when the update arrives.

Daintree

Reaction score
You need this file:

NG4_2021_1_POI2016.zip​

Try this link: Télécharger NG4_2021_1_POI2016.zip

I installed the maps and they work. POIs are here, coverage of some Eastern European countries is poor.
Actually I'm not interested in this map: Romania has only main roads covered, but PSA's POIs are standing all nicely on the map (in no man's land).

You can switch to Navigation in your Car - NG4 and select Setup. There are many POI groups that you can enable or disable.
However, there is a download registration fee that you must take into account.

Last edited:

NF7

Reaction score
You need this file:

NG4_2021_1_POI2016.zip​

Try this link: Télécharger NG4_2021_1_POI2016.zip

I installed the maps and they work. POIs are here, coverage of some Eastern European countries is poor.
Actually I'm not interested in this map: Romania has only main roads covered, but PSA's POIs are standing all nicely on the map (in no man's land).

You can switch to Navigation in your Car - NG4 and select Setup. There are many POI groups that you can enable or disable.
However, there is a download registration fee that you must take into account.
True that. I havent updated this link as I paid for three months at the time I created the guide.

I’ll do it again when the update drops.

Daintree

Reaction score
Here is a fresh link, Grandfather posted in Eliteboard:

It looks like, you need to download only with Microsoft Edge.
Haven't tried it yet, is probably for western Europe and without POI

You may consider looking here for more information (GERMAN LANGUAGE):

Citroen C5 is also using the same system (Navidrive 3D NG4).

NF7

Reaction score
I'll try them out over the weekend. Thank you.

EDIT: Somehow, the link from gdrive stopped working due to download quota. Here is another LINK. Not tested yet.

Last edited:

Zardos

Reaction score
POI in the 2021-1 maps are not included. It's a version of the maps without 2016 POI's included. There is not a separate installation file. I'm waiting for the 2022 version with the POI and will update the links accordingly when the update arrives.
Ahh, thanks for that, I thought it was just something I was doing wrong, Again! Took me several attempts to get the maps working! User error not the files!

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
I'll try them out over the weekend. Thank you.

EDIT: Somehow, the link from gdrive stopped working due to download quota. Here is another LINK. Not tested yet.
I have successfully installed the maps.

They do show up as 2022.0. They however do not have 2016 POI included.

AlexDee

Reaction score
Wow! Finally 2022 maps released? Good news. It’s possible to create a complete archive with 2016 POI?

NF7

Reaction score
Wow! Finally 2022 maps released? Good news. It’s possible to create a complete archive with 2016 POI?
To be fair, I have no way of knowing if the maps really are 2022 as I checked one "known" changed road since April 2021 and it is not "fixed" in the 2022 files. So they may be actual 2022 maps or not.

Regarding 2022 with POI - I'll keep checking the reputable sites I used for the 2021-1 maps. There is still no update there, unfortunately.

EDIT: After acquiring BMW and AUDI maps for 2022 it seems like the NG4 2022 maps are actually legit. The numbers for BMW and AUDI versions check out. If anyone is interested in modifying the maps himself, I am able to upload the BMW and AUDI (both EAST) repository to Dropbox. Let me know.

Last edited:

AlexDee

Reaction score
Great news. I am looking for maps for Italy (so I assume WEST :rolleyes:) and, if possible, with the 2016 POI. Anyone who knows how to modify the original package with POI file ? I don't know how to do it, unfortunately. :confused:

Last edited:

NF7

Reaction score
Great news. I am looking for maps for Italy (so I assume WEST :rolleyes:) and, if possible, with the 2016 POI. Anyone who knows how to modify the original package with POI file ? I don't know how to do it, unfortunately. :confused:
The 2022-0 (the maps are West, but Italy is equally covered in EAST and WEST editions - benefit of being located in the middle of Europe) maps do have POI included (icons on the map), but the search for POI categories does not work.

AlexDee

Reaction score
The 2022-0 (the maps are West, but Italy is equally covered in EAST and WEST editions - benefit of being located in the middle of Europe) maps do have POI included (icons on the map), but the search for POI categories does not work.
well but that's okay! I'm only interested in the POI on the map. I never use the “ search “ function. if you tell me that everything is ok, I download them immediately! can you confirm that the tmc works? and the house numbers?

NF7

Reaction score
well but that's okay! I'm only interested in the POI on the map. I never use the “ search “ function. if you tell me that everything is ok, I download them immediately! can you confirm that the tmc works? and the house numbers?
I'll check the TMC and house numbers today. I'll post the photo of the icons on the map.

AlexDee

Reaction score
I'll check the TMC and house numbers today. I'll post the photo of the icons on the map.
You are very nice. Did you have any problems installing the maps? Did you have the usual error code 0x26E at the end of installation ?

NF7

Reaction score
You are very nice. Did you have any problems installing the maps? Did you have the usual error code 0x26E at the end of installation ?
Yes. Usual error when coming to 10/12. Then the 0x26E error, reboot and normal continuation until 12/12. Maps so far seem fine, as they should.

EDIT: Route guidance works (with voice guidance aswell). POI are visible (photo). TMC is also active (photo), although there was nothing to notify me about - so cannot be 100% it works.

Attachments

• 76A648AD-237D-4938-BE7C-2B3AC4F62D88.jpeg
    76A648AD-237D-4938-BE7C-2B3AC4F62D88.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Green Hornet 2

Reaction score
just updated the firmware and the maps on a 2013.
All went well.
Did get the 0x26E error after it finished update 12.
Just left the card in, engine running and selected OK to update again when the NAV restarted. As per the guide.
11 and 12 updates completed 2nd time round.
when prompted removed the card and pressed OK.
NAV restarted.
Checked as per guide and latest 2021 map was present.

When searching for a destination no streets or postcodes showed, then realised I had to change from Great Britain to United Kingdom and all then worked.
Noticed I can now input 6 digit UK postcodes, very pleased. :)

Not checked POIs yet.

The link to 2022 risk areas on page 1 of this thread seems to have been deleted.

Thank You for all this and the guide, much appreciated. 👍