What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GUIDE: Updating the firmware, maps and installing risk areas (RADARs) on NG4

Jumper

Reaction score
Anyone else' speed cameras reading a lower speed? Aka, the camera right out side my house is a 60, when approaching it the nav shows it as 56?
Yes some of the Motorway ones are on mine. Some smart motorway ones around Birminham on my way back from Devon displayed 40mph but the satnav gave a 50mph read out warning. Also noticed it around Manchester Motorways but my local A road speed alerts have been correct.
Another thing I noticed is an improvement in the display directions slightly different format.

Reactions: NF7

Zardos

Reaction score
The previous guide is a little bit old so I decided to update it with the latest possible FW, latest maps, and updated risk areas.

LATEST FIRMWARE: N42c
LATEST MAPS: EUROPE 2021-1 (For Eastern Europe (maps 2020-2) use this LINK)
LATEST RISK AREAS/RADARS: EU RADARS 2021.11.01 (November Update)

All files are available in their respective parts of the guide.

UPDATING THE FIRMWARE

1. Check your installed firmware version via SETUP -> Settings -> Version Information
2. If you see N42c anywhere in the presented firmware version you already have the latest firmware and you do not need to update it. You can move to the MAP updating part of the guide. If you do not have the latest version, proceed to step 3.
3. Download this file: LINK
4. Prepare USB 32GB or SD CARD formatted as FAT32, 64KB Cluster size.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FORMAT VIA WINDOWS AND DO NOT USE QUICK FORMAT. The regular format will take more time, but it is absolutely necessary.

5. Extract the downloaded file and put all files into the ROOT of the USB/SD CARD. Enable in Windows to view "hidden files" and check if any file other than that of the firmware generated in the root of the USB / SD CARD. If you see any "rogue" files, delete them.
6. Turn on the car. Keep it running and insert the USB or SD CARD into their locations (SD CARD in front of the Console, USB under the armrest).
7. If you followed the guide the NG4 system will automatically detect and prompt you to start the update. Click yes on the console and wait for it to finish.

KEEP THE CAR RUNNING UNTIL IN FINISHES WITH THE UPDATE. You do not want the car to turn off and cancel the update. It could destroy your system.

8. When the NG4 resets check the firmware version again. If you see N42c the update was successful.

UPDATING THE MAPS

1. Download this file: LINK (ZIP file size 8,91 GB, extracted 12,9GB).
2. Prepare USB 32GB or SD CARD formatted as FAT32, 64KB Cluster size.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FORMAT VIA WINDOWS AND DO NOT USE QUICK FORMAT. The regular format will take more time, but it is absolutely necessary.

3. Extract all files from the ZIP file to the ROOT of the USB / SD CARD. Enable in Windows to view "hidden files" and check if any file other than that of the map files included in the ZIP file generated in the root of the USB / SD CARD. If you see any "rogue" files, delete them.

This is how your USB / SD Stick should look like after copying the files (everything should be the same, except the last file which is from the 2020 maps):
View attachment 11365

4. Turn on the car. Keep it running and insert the USB or SD CARD into their locations (SD CARD in front of the Console, USB under the armrest).
5. If you did everything correctly, the NG4 will recognize the new maps automatically and prompt you to start the update. It takes around 40-50 minutes. It is advised to drive around with the car in the meantime.

KEEP THE CAR RUNNING UNTIL IN FINISHES WITH THE UPDATE. You do not want the car to turn off and cancel the update. It could destroy your system.

5.1. If during the update the error 0x26E appears, just press "OK" and wait for the system to restart (leave the key or SD card connected) and it will continue the update.

6. When it finishes, it will prompt you to press OK and remove the USB/SD CARD. Remove it and ONLY THEN press OK. After the NG4 System resets check the map version via SETUP -> When in the setup menu LONG PRESS SETUP -> GPS Information -> Map Versions. You should see "NG4 EUROPE 2021-1".

UPDATING THE RISK AREAS

1. Download this file: LINK
2. Prepare USB 32GB or SD CARD formatted as FAT32, 64KB Cluster size.

3. Extract all files from the ZIP file to the ROOT of the USB / SD CARD. Enable in Windows to view "hidden files" and check if any file other than that of the files included in the risk areas ZIP file generated in the root of the USB / SD CARD. If you see any "rogue" files, delete them.
4. Turn on the car and go to NAVIGATION -> SETTINGS -> IMPORT MY POINTS OF INTEREST
5. Select the Media you used (USB or SD CARD) and press YES to validate, that it will overwrite all previous risk areas.
6. After it finishes with the installation of risk areas (takes approx 10 seconds) a message appears to confirm a restart of the NG4 system and to remove the USB/SD CARD. Remove and press OK.
7. When the NG4 System restarts, all you have to do is to enable the risk areas/radars alerts in the Navigation menu. SETTINGS -> RISK AREA SETTINGS -> ENABLE all options.
8. You can check the latest risk areas/radars update in the same menu, that you used to check the MAP Version.

CAUTION. Proceed with every step at your own risk. It is extremely dangerous and it can destroy your NG4 system. No one on this forum or the forum itself is responsible for the caused damage and possible expenses.

I managed to install everything in one afternoon with no issues (my car is RCZ 2013 model). Take your time, follow the steps and it should be fine.

EDIT: Updated the link for the maps and updated the guide a bit - added a photo of how should USB / SD Card root directory look like after copying the files.
EDIT 2: Added the link for Eastern Europe maps - maps from 2020 (Courtesy of Ross_Russev)
Excellent post, thank you, had a few issues trying to install at first but seem to have managed it, system and map updates took about 30 minutes each, poi in seconds, once I’d re read how to do it! The only issue I have now is the speed camera warning, when it comes up on screen it’s showing the wrong speed, only been through one since the update but I know it is a 30 mph limit but the system said 25 mph, has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to try and install everything again

NF7

Reaction score
Excellent post, thank you, had a few issues trying to install at first but seem to have managed it, system and map updates took about 30 minutes each, poi in seconds, once I’d re read how to do it! The only issue I have now is the speed camera warning, when it comes up on screen it’s showing the wrong speed, only been through one since the update but I know it is a 30 mph limit but the system said 25 mph, has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to try and install everything again
If the speed cameras show the wrong speed, the mistake is in the files themselves.

No solution here other than wait for the possible fix in the future update.

Watson003

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m new to the RCZ world but loving it so far, I’ve managed to fully update my NG4 following the information provide, looks like it had never been updated, it’s a 2011 car, all went well bar I seem to have lost all my standard POI, is it possible to get this back? Thanks in advance

NF7

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m new to the RCZ world but loving it so far, I’ve managed to fully update my NG4 following the information provide, looks like it had never been updated, it’s a 2011 car, all went well bar I seem to have lost all my standard POI, is it possible to get this back? Thanks in advance
POI were removed from this version of the maps. There is a version with 2016 POI but the link is dead currently on the site that I source the maps. I would suggest you wait, until the 2022 version launches and I’ll source the version with 2016 POI if it’s available.

Watson003

Reaction score
POI were removed from this version of the maps. There is a version with 2016 POI but the link is dead currently on the site that I source the maps. I would suggest you wait, until the 2022 version launches and I’ll source the version with 2016 POI if it’s available.
Many thanks NF7, Hopefully the 2022 version will add them back, kind regards Watson

AlexDee

Reaction score
Hello everyone and congratulations for the forum and this post ! I am a new subscriber from Italy and I own a Peugeot 308CC car with NG4 - WipCom3D, I have (still) the original 2016 maps, and would like to update to 2020 or 2021 maps, however with points of interest (2016 ones are fine too). I downloaded this file: (2020-2 version with POI from 2016 is this: 7.92 GB file on MEGA), it's ok ? It's WEST Europe ?
On the web and on other forums there are various versions, I had read that some gave problems, so I ask you some questions:
does TMC work? Is the remaining travel time correct? Are there accented letters ? Are there house numbers?
And finally: should I wait for the 2022 version? ;)
Thank you all for your contribution and patience!

NF7

Reaction score
Hello everyone and congratulations for the forum and this post ! I am a new subscriber from Italy and I own a Peugeot 308CC car with NG4 - WipCom3D, I have (still) the original 2016 maps, and would like to update to 2020 or 2021 maps, however with points of interest (2016 ones are fine too). I downloaded this file: (2020-2 version with POI from 2016 is this: 7.92 GB file on MEGA), it's ok ? It's WEST Europe ?
On the web and on other forums there are various versions, I had read that some gave problems, so I ask you some questions:
does TMC work? Is the remaining travel time correct? Are there accented letters ? Are there house numbers?
And finally: should I wait for the 2022 version? ;)
Thank you all for your contribution and patience!
If you're not in a hurry, wait for the 2022 version. It should arrive in late January/February.

The one link you took is for Eastern Europe. The West and Central Europe Maps are the 2021-1 link (sadly without POI). I'll try to procure the 2022-1 maps with POI.

Regarding the TMC - it should work, travel time is correct. As far as I know, accented letters are available, and there are also house numbers.

AlexDee

Reaction score
@NF7 excellent news. No, I'm in no hurry, I can safely wait for February ...:)
I hope the 2022 version has the POI, because it would be really complete and almost identical to the original, let's say. ;)
Thanks so much for now!

Zardos

Reaction score
If the speed cameras show the wrong speed, the mistake is in the files themselves.

No solution here other than wait for the possible fix in the future update.
I’ve just tried the navigation, not needed it until today and when I go to input an addresses everything is blank! Has anyone else had this? It will navigate to addresses already saved but street names, post codes and everything else there’s nothing coming up not even the keypad to type stuff in

NF7

Reaction score
I’ve just tried the navigation, not needed it until today and when I go to input an addresses everything is blank! Has anyone else had this? It will navigate to addresses already saved but street names, post codes and everything else there’s nothing coming up not even the keypad to type stuff in
Post some photos of what happens.

Zardos

Reaction score
Thank you for asking for photos, you’ve inadvertently helped me find the answer myself! When I went into address input my country region was still set as Great Britain, out of interest I scrolled through the list of countries and found it now listed as United Kingdom as soon as I selected that all the input options reappeared! I had a feeling it was something!

before that all options of city, street name and post code just presented with a blank screen when selected

So thanks again 😁

NF7

Reaction score
Thank you for asking for photos, you’ve inadvertently helped me find the answer myself! When I went into address input my country region was still set as Great Britain, out of interest I scrolled through the list of countries and found it now listed as United Kingdom as soon as I selected that all the input options reappeared! I had a feeling it was something!

before that all options of city, street name and post code just presented with a blank screen when selected

So thanks again 😁
Glad that you found the solution :)

vin100

Reaction score
Hello from Germany,
I'm glad to find an active forum about our RCZ :)
4 weeks ago I updated my WIP COM 3D from N42b_N42.01. to N42c_N42.03 and the maps from 2016 to 2021.
Since I do that, I have a lot of problems with my system:
it crashs during navigation or hearing music. Sometimes 3-4 times in 10 minutes.
And the worst: the radio turn on when the car is off. That's spooky and what I'm starting in eco-modus next day 😩
I just download the latests files from here, thanks a lot for that! But I think, there are the same files that I downloaded 4 weeks ago from another forum.
But I'll try to update the FW again.
May someone have the N42b_N42.01 Version? I never have problems with this Version before.
Thanks a lot!
Regards
vin100

AlexDee

Reaction score
Hi !
It is very strange what you say. I don't think maps can affect the behavior of the WipCom 3D, even turning it on by itself! :eek:
At this point, I think it's due to some firmware issue. But, I repeat, it is strange. I have never heard of problems with the new firmware, especially the ones you say.
Try resetting the WipCom, if it doesn't fix, reinstall the firmware. I don't know what other advice to give you, honestly.
However, from what I have read on this thread, the new maps should be out soon.

vin100

Reaction score
@AlexDee
Thanks for your quick answer.
I'll try to reset the complete system tomorrow and maybe reinstall the 42c FW.
Maybe I also go back to the old maps (2015 not 2016 as I write above) and wait for the 2022 version.

NF7

Reaction score
@AlexDee
Thanks for your quick answer.
I'll try to reset the complete system tomorrow and maybe reinstall the 42c FW.
Maybe I also go back to the old maps (2015 not 2016 as I write above) and wait for the 2022 version.
I'd suggest you:

1. FACTORY RESET the SatNav.
2. Reinstall 42c.

Maps would not create such issues.

If the problem persists, try BSI reset. If that does not help, I'll try to find you 42b firmware.

vin100

Reaction score
I'd suggest you:

2. Reinstall 42c.

If the problem persists, try BSI reset. If that does not help, I'll try to find you 42b firmware.
Thanks NF7,
I reset the Wipcom only yesterday. I had to change a ignition coil first. It was more important.
So I'll look at the system the next days and I hope it will stay steady.
Do you have an idea when the 2022 maps are coming?

NF7

Reaction score
Thanks NF7,
I reset the Wipcom only yesterday. I had to change a ignition coil first. It was more important.
So I'll look at the system the next days and I hope it will stay steady.
Do you have an idea when the 2022 maps are coming?
Not sure about the 2022 maps. Neither maps for any of the versions (RT6 or NG4) have been released yet.

vin100

Reaction score
I'd suggest you:

2. Reinstall 42c.

The problems persist after factory reset. How to reset the BSI please?
Thanks