What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GUIDE: Updating the firmware, maps and installing risk areas (RADARs) on NG4

NF7

Reaction score
The problems persist after factory reset. How to reset the BSI please?
Thanks
Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on the car key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

vin100

Reaction score
Wow that's a crazy method. Is it not possible to reset the BSI by remove some fuse or something else?
What is really happen by reseting? I mean I pay for some BSI tuning (230 HP). Are these data safe?

NF7

Reaction score
Wow that's a crazy method. Is it not possible to reset the BSI by remove some fuse or something else?
What is really happen by reseting? I mean I pay for some BSI tuning (230 HP). Are these data safe?
Not possible by removing a fuse. BSI controls basically all the electronics in the car. If some electronics give you errors (like windows not going down, car not locking/unlocking) BSI reset is the first step to solve the issue.

BSI Tuning - you mean the brand of tuning - if you do, that is not the same as the BSI module? Because I don't think the BSI module in Peugeot/Citroen is the one to control the engine (that's the ECU).

vin100

Reaction score
Hello,
I solve the problem!
In fact I reinstall the maps 2016-1 (it tooks 4 hours!).
Since I do that, I don't have any issues anymore.
Thanks for your help.

NF7

Reaction score
Hello,
I solve the problem!
In fact I reinstall the maps 2016-1 (it tooks 4 hours!).
Since I do that, I don't have any issues anymore.
Thanks for your help.
Glad you solved the issue. Thats a bit long imho.

Bushwick

Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent post. everything worked well for me. i updated the firmware, maps and POI’s. one question: since the update, my bluetooth connection keeps failing after a 2 min phonecall. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware to antother version? because i never had this promblem before….. (the phonecall audio is also bad quality, but normal audio is just fine)

NF7

Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent post. everything worked well for me. i updated the firmware, maps and POI’s. one question: since the update, my bluetooth connection keeps failing after a 2 min phonecall. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware to antother version? because i never had this promblem before….. (the phonecall audio is also bad quality, but normal audio is just fine)
Yes, I'm pretty sure you can downgrade the FW. If you find the old ones. Regarding the BT. I would first try to erase the pairing and re-pair the phone.

Bushwick

Reaction score
Yes, I'm pretty sure you can downgrade the FW. If you find the old ones. Regarding the BT. I would first try to erase the pairing and re-pair the phone.
Thanks for the reply. I tryed the pair and un-pair already. doesnt seem to help. i am gonna search for an older FW. Thanks!

AlexDee

Reaction score
Any news about the 2022 maps ? Everything's quiet ?

One question: is it possible to download the original 2016 maps archive ? Because I don't have it anymore and I would like to keep it as a "backup archive".

NF7

Reaction score
Any news about the 2022 maps ? Everything's quiet ?

One question: is it possible to download the original 2016 maps archive ? Because I don't have it anymore and I would like to keep it as a "backup archive".
No news as of yet. I’m checking the source forum every week and neither RNEG or RT6 or NG4 got an update in 2022 yet.

Download from the unit itself? No idea.

Bushwick

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tryed the pair and un-pair already. doesnt seem to help. i am gonna search for an older FW. Thanks!
Does anyone have a link to older firmware versions? tryed to look myself on this forum but i cant find one. (older FW version than N42c)

NF7

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to older firmware versions? tryed to look myself on this forum but i cant find one. (older FW version than N42c)
It's pretty much impossible to find older FW versions since it's so long after their release, the hosting websites purge the data. Probably the dealer is your only chance to getting it. They probably have DVD of the old FW somewhere in their archives. Since the older versions are obsolete, they'll probably give it to you for free.

Bushwick

Reaction score
It's pretty much impossible to find older FW versions since it's so long after their release, the hosting websites purge the data. Probably the dealer is your only chance to getting it. They probably have DVD of the old FW somewhere in their archives. Since the older versions are obsolete, they'll probably give it to you for free.
Thanks NF7 - I thought so - I have to go to the dealer anyway so ill ask them. I dont know about the other forum members, but have a lot of (small) problems since the latest FW update. Bluetooth connection disconnects, the whole dashboard chrashes with start car, audio quality is bad (with phone calls only.... Thanks again :cool:

NF7

Reaction score
Thanks NF7 - I thought so - I have to go to the dealer anyway so ill ask them. I dont know about the other forum members, but have a lot of (small) problems since the latest FW update. Bluetooth connection disconnects, the whole dashboard chrashes with start car, audio quality is bad (with phone calls only.... Thanks again :cool:
Sorry to hear that. I have no idea about older FWs and their performance since my car came with the latest FW already installed :D

Daintree

Reaction score
Hello together,
I drive a Citroen C5 - X7 and my son an RCZ. It turned out that both have the same Navidrive 3D (N42c - update worked wonderfully for both cars).

After upgrading the maps to version NG4-2021-1 with POI-2016, there were lots of POIs on empty areas without roads. Apparently similar topic as already described by other members here. I understand that I'd need the version for Eastern Europe.

It's quite cumbersome for me, since I live in Romania but often travel to Austria and Germany. I would not be inclined to install new EAST / WEST maps for an hour at every border crossing. So maybe I have to consider going back to the 2016 map version where everything was together.

The following questions arise now:
1. Do we have a link to download the 2016 maps (not for 200€ as requested!)
2. Is the East version also available with POI 2016?
3. Is it possible to install both versions EAST / WEST in different directories on the car hard drive and select them as required?
4. Is it possible to overwrite certain files from one of the maps with data from the other? In this way, the whole of Europe could be put together.
(Why does BMW put such small hard drives in their cars that they have to split the maps in two?!? 🤔)

Last edited:

NF7

Reaction score
Hello together,
I drive a Citroen C5 - X7 and my son an RCZ. It turned out that both have the same Navidrive 3D (N42c - update worked wonderfully for both cars).

After upgrading the maps to version NG4-2021-1 with POI-2016, there were lots of POIs on empty areas without roads. Apparently similar topic as already described by other members here. I understand that I'd need the version for Eastern Europe.

It's quite cumbersome for me, since I live in Romania but often travel to Austria and Germany. I would not be inclined to install new EAST / WEST maps for an hour at every border crossing. So maybe I have to consider going back to the 2016 map version where everything was together.

The following questions arise now:
1. Do we have a link to download the 2016 maps (not for 200€ as requested!)
2. Is the East version also available with POI 2016?
3. Is it possible to install both versions EAST / WEST in different directories on the car hard drive and select them as required?
4. Is it possible to overwrite certain files from one of the maps with data from the other? In this way, the whole of Europe could be put together.
(Why does BMW put such small hard drives in their cars that they have to split the maps in two?!? 🤔)
Use the second map link in the first post (the EAST 2020-2 maps that another user found).

They apparently work as intended in Bulgaria so I believe Romania would also work. Additionally, the EAST maps cover (along with Eastern Europe) most of Central Europe out of the box, so installing that map depository would also work in Austria and Germany.

1. I have no link for the original 2016 maps (you could probably find a Peugeot/Citroen dealer in your country who would install it for free);
2. Every post-2016 map update for NG4 comes with 2016 POI (they are the last official database);
3. No. As far as I know, only one map version can be installed;
4. It is possible since thats how they make it work by combining the 2016 POI with the BMW updates, but you have to do it before installing. I personally do not know how it works or how they make unofficial map updates.

EDIT: Added the link for March 2022 risk areas.

Last edited:

Daintree

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply.
Peugeot / Citroen is not so generous (199,00 € + 15,00 € shipping):
However, I received the files from a colleague, but haven't been able till now to get the freshly installed maps to work.
Of course I will try the EAST 2020-2 variant too and post a feedback. I do not know yet, if
- the 2016 POIs are included or not (both variants were also in circulation for the west maps)
- only the main roads of the Western European countries are covered or completely included (probably only the main roads otherwise two map variants would probably be nonsense)

Last edited:

NF7

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply.
Peugeot / Citroen is not so generous (199,00 € + 15,00 € shipping):
However, I received the files from a colleague, but haven't been able till now to get the freshly installed maps to work.
Of course I will try the EAST 2020-2 variant too and post a feedback. I do not know yet, if
- the 2016 POIs are included or not (both variants were also in circulation for the west maps)
- only the main roads of the Western European countries are covered or completely included (probably only the main roads otherwise two map variants would probably be nonsense

As far as I know, difference between WEST and EAST is only on the far corners of the map. WEST covers Central Europe (Germany, Austria, France, etc.) and Portugal, Spain, UK, Andorra. While the EAST covers Central Europe (Germany, Austria, France, etc.) and Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, etc.

I believe there are two reasons why they have separate maps: 1. WEST and EAST in one package would probably be too big to fit on the internal memory or; 2. if WEST and EAST are separate packages - they can charge you two times if you want EAST and WEST maps :D

Regarding the dealers in your country - just drop by any in your vicinity. They probably have those maps in the archive with no use at all since the SatNav was discontinued in 2013 and will probably not charge you that much, maybe 20€ for their time since they'll keep the discs with the maps.

If you want to know, if the POI in the EAST are included - check with Ross_Rusev here. He has them installed.