What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GUIDE: Updating the firmware, maps and installing risk areas (RADARs) on NG4

NF7

Reaction score
Weird, I downloaded and extracted it fine (try updating your archiving program to the newest version - it helps. I was using WINRAR). If not, do let me know I'll extract and archive it on my own and then upload it it G-Drive
I’ll try again. Although I was looking over the NG4 unofficial maps data and they are a mix of BMW and Audi maps. See here: LINK

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
Saw this thread earlier, but on another forum, it was stated that for the mods they use the two different types of BMW maps (Next and something else was the second type) ... Don't know - maybe it's worth the try. Do let me know.

NF7

Reaction score
I managed to open it. I've forwarded them to a friend that has done the adaptation once before. I'll update the info when I get info from him.
A friend tried to adapt the maps, with some parts from Audi but could not manage to make it work. The maps did show up, but there was no road navigation. He said he'll keep working on them, but he gave no timeline as to where he might make them work.

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
So, i think i found what's needed (hope it helps, ofcourse):

GDB_ECE_27_0_0 - BMW
LABEL_PSA_27_0_0 - PSA RNEG 2018.2
LIT1_ECE_27_0_0 - AUDI
LIT2_ECE_27_0_0 - AUDI
SDS_ECE_27_0_0 - BMW
TMC_ECE_27_0_0 - BMW
XAC_ECE1_27_0_0 - BMW
XAC_ECE2_27_0_0 - BMW

This is what comes from Audi / BMW and PSA. Presuming we have the PSA and BMW - this should fill in the gap for the Audi: Link

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
So, i think i found what's needed (hope it helps, ofcourse):

GDB_ECE_27_0_0 - BMW
LABEL_PSA_27_0_0 - PSA RNEG 2018.2
LIT1_ECE_27_0_0 - AUDI
LIT2_ECE_27_0_0 - AUDI
SDS_ECE_27_0_0 - BMW
TMC_ECE_27_0_0 - BMW
XAC_ECE1_27_0_0 - BMW
XAC_ECE2_27_0_0 - BMW

This is what comes from Audi / BMW and PSA. Presuming we have the PSA and BMW - this should fill in the gap for the Audi: Link
I'll forward the files.

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
I know, that I might be asking too much, but NF7, does your buddy has any update on my maps issue :)

Kirk

Reaction score
I recently updated my RCZ with the latest firmware and although the maps are working correctly and I can now select locations by the full postal code. However, I do notice I have lost other functionality on the unit. One of these being the ability to see incoming phone calls by name. All I see is the call is from an unknown caller even though the Address book is available. Even using Address book functionality seem to be missing several functions. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem ? Do the software and maps versions have to match as I purchased a recent copy and have not used the maps attached in this chat thread

NF7

Reaction score
I recently updated my RCZ with the latest firmware and although the maps are working correctly and I can now select locations by the full postal code. However, I do notice I have lost other functionality on the unit. One of these being the ability to see incoming phone calls by name. All I see is the call is from an unknown caller even though the Address book is available. Even using Address book functionality seem to be missing several functions. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem ? Do the software and maps versions have to match as I purchased a recent copy and have not used the maps attached in this chat thread
Does your phone call arrive by WhatsApp or any other chatting app? I found this same issue on calls over WhatsApp. But not during calls that go through cell service.

Kirk

Reaction score
Does your phone call arrive by WhatsApp or any other chatting app? I found this same issue on calls over WhatsApp. But not during calls that go through cell service.
Unfortunately not. It came through the normal cell service. I have even tried the number with and without the international dialling prefix. So looks like there maybe something wrong with the firmware update I did. Does anyone have another copy or older version for software to try. I upgraded from version ng4_D_R26b_R26.04

NF7

Reaction score
Updated the first post with the latest Risk Areas (Radars) update (JULY).

Ross_Russev: My friend was not able to get the maps working. Something was off - could not engage navigation. Maps loaded, but when entering an address, the directions would not be calculated.

Last edited:

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
Updated the first post with the latest Risk Areas (Radars) update (JULY).

Ross_Russev: My friend was not able to get the maps working. Something was off - could not engage navigation. Maps loaded, but when entering an address, the directions would not be calculated.
It might be the street number issue. Can he try entering an address without house/street number to see if it works? I've read a post that with these compilations this won't work (the house/street number)

NF7

Reaction score
It might be the street number issue. Can he try entering an address without house/street number to see if it works? I've read a post that with these compilations this won't work (the house/street number)
Tried it without the street number, tried it with, tried just doing the city, nothing worked. Navigation would just be on the calculating screen, then after couple of seconds back to the address input and no navigation.

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
NG4 Maps East EU 2020-2 "Click"

EDIT: Installed and working - @NF7 , mate, you can edit the first post

Last edited:
Reactions: NF7