What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GUIDE: Updating the firmware, maps and installing risk areas (RADARs) on NG4

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
You're welcome, and if you stumble into the same file, but 2020-2 ( I know there's such, but I can't find it anywhere - also for East EU ) - do share, please :)

Reactions: NF7

ZaBeela

Reaction score
Hi there guys! I have a Citroen C5 X7, with NG4 headunit. I’ve been reading the forums for at least a week and looking for an opportunity to update my navi. The firmware upgrade to 42C was successful . Also Ill try step by step. So my old navi version was 2009/2010 Europe. Now i have install Ross_Russev's linked 2018-03 East EU -version. OK. so after the first install, well navi loading, i can add adress.. but after the navi will navigates completely elsewhere or detects the address as incorrect. Now ill try reinstall again.. so then if I can, I will ask for help or if the 2nd installation fails, then further tips. Thanks, Regards.

Also some update..: After factory reset, I install the 2018-03 East EU -version again. So many city gone, I can't find my house.. and i can't navigate to my workplace, also "invalid dsetination.. So, whats next.. Any other version to install, or overwrite this one.. Tnank you ;)

Attachments

• firmwa.jpg
    firmwa.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 23
  • EUold.jpg
    EUold.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 22
  • EUnew.jpg
    EUnew.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 21
  • invalid.jpg
    invalid.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
That's weird - should be able to accept the address and navigate you (presuming you're living in East EU). When you just launch the navigation, doest it position you correctly and follow you on the map as the car moves? Do you see the small streets or only main roads (in only main, then you need the maps of NF7 from the first post)?

ZaBeela

Reaction score
Hi there Ross! Yes, i'm living in Hungary. I can see the red arrow, is moving with the car. I can see myself on map -also gps signal is ok.. The problem is example: I'll try to find a city like: Balatonföldvár , and the navi find only BalatonF... and no more letter, the accented letters are gone. If I'll try to input my adresse, the navi said: invalid destination..So I'm here right now, trying to install the following version "Maps_NG4_2021_1" (PSA_ECEW_2021_1.0_3.41.1) in this rar file show version number 3.41 in all file name.

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
I think that your country falls in the west part of coverage, so try with NF7 maps from post one ( not my link, but the other one ) and see how that works for you.

NF7

Reaction score
Hi there Ross! Yes, i'm living in Hungary. I can see the red arrow, is moving with the car. I can see myself on map -also gps signal is ok.. The problem is example: I'll try to find a city like: Balatonföldvár , and the navi find only BalatonF... and no more letter, the accented letters are gone. If I'll try to input my adresse, the navi said: invalid destination..So I'm here right now, trying to install the following version "Maps_NG4_2021_1" (PSA_ECEW_2021_1.0_3.41.1) in this rar file show version number 3.41 in all file name.
Yes. Use my 2021-1 file for Hungary.

ZaBeela

Reaction score
Thank You! Another hour.. or two, and I will give feedback!! :D If the headunit don't turn off and restart again ...after 30min..o_O

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
Yes. Use my 2021-1 file for Hungary.
BTW, any luck with these BMW East maps from 2020 I mentioned previously? All I can find is an expired link in some other forum, but cannot reach the author to post it back ( this is the name of the thing for reference: WipCom NaviDrive NG4 2020.2 Map Update (from BMW Premium 2020.2 East)).

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
Thank You! Another hour.. or two, and I will give feedback!! :D If the headunit don't turn off and restart again ...after 30min..o_O
You do run the update on engine running, right? Otherwise might be deadly to the headunit ...

ZaBeela

Reaction score
You do run the update on engine running, right? Otherwise might be deadly to the headunit ...

of course :D :D

The headunit has been slowly doing this on and off for a year, sometimes after 20 minutes or sometimes after 50 minutes. The fan is running in it.

NF7

Reaction score

of course :D :D

The headunit has been slowly doing this on and off for a year, sometimes after 20 minutes or sometimes after 50 minutes. The fan is running in it.
Try doing the update in a garage with AC on. So its double cooling the unit. Sometimes these units are really overheating with these summer temps.

ZaBeela

Reaction score
Try doing the update in a garage with AC on. So its double cooling the unit. Sometimes these units are really overheating with these summer temps.
I did exactly that, pulled it out of place, and cooled it with a fan in front and sideways: D

ZaBeela

Reaction score
Hello there guys!! Victory! For now, everything works almost perfectly! Only POIs do not exist at all and some settings do not work. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 20210619_082813.jpg
    20210619_082813.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210619_082818.jpg
    20210619_082818.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
Hello there guys!! Victory! For now, everything works almost perfectly! Only POIs do not exist at all and some settings do not work. Thank you very much!
The POI’s are not included in the 2021-1 map update, thats why they do not work.

NF7

Reaction score
I've come across this: 1.37 MB file on MEGA - It's the BMW EUROPE Next 2021/1 Maps EAST, but not converted for our systems. NF7, mate - do you have someone who can make them work on our cars?

P.S: If needed - here are the same for Europe West: 1.44 MB file on MEGA
Thank for posting. I'll check today in the evening - must download the torrent.

NF7

Reaction score
Thank for posting. I'll check today in the evening - must download the torrent.
I tried downloading the torrents. Could not extract the EAST zip file. Not on Mac, not on Windows machine. Dropped a couple of errors.

Ross_Russev

Reaction score
I tried downloading the torrents. Could not extract the EAST zip file. Not on Mac, not on Windows machine. Dropped a couple of errors.
Weird, I downloaded and extracted it fine (try updating your archiving program to the newest version - it helps. I was using WINRAR). If not, do let me know I'll extract and archive it on my own and then upload it it G-Drive