What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Golf R

A

Anonymous

Re: Golf R

I bet the running costs would be terrifying!! It's a proper monster though; 400BHP and 0-62 in 3.9secs. Oh my...

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Arent golfs front wheel drive? A 400hp one sounds scarey :lol:

As Mac says, the Golf R range is four wheel drive just as the Audi S3 is. You get a lot of bang for your buck with them. The interior of this is pretty tasty even with it being weight reduced.

A

Anonymous

Awesome car imo , love the golf , i saw one yesterday well heard it then saw a flash lol , this rs focus and any vxr i would have , but love the rcz looks so my lady will be with me for a couple of years i think

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score

They do look nice. Maybe I should have got one instead of the 308 lol.

A

Anonymous

Have to say, for such a special car the R has one of the most spectacularly unimaginative, drab and dull looking dashboards. I can only assume they expect you to be so focused on the warp speed view flashing past the windscreen that it wasn't worth putting any design effort into the view immediately under the driver's nose :D

A

Anonymous

That's one of the problems after the RCZ while the quality and finish of the golf is top notch. It is how can I put it very German slightly dour/sensible ;) lacking imagination.

A

Anonymous

Nice seats though, and it'll be an incredible drive :)

A

Anonymous

A fact about the Golf R400 is that the engine was developed by the same person who did the Mercedes Benz A45 AMG engine.

Volkswagen poached him after the A45 was launched and asked him to build another one pretty much

oh and do not forget the Super GTI is due to come out (been spotted testing around the nurburgring)

RCZ-R

Reaction score

In my opinion the whole golf GTI range becomes more and more confusing.
So now they have:

GTI
GTI power edition
R
R400
Super GTI

as next something like a GTI electric is coming, than we can expect a GTI trophy, cause Seat is aiming for such (as opponent to the upcoming Astra VXR Extreme and the Megane Trophy R)

This is just plainly wrong... :?

A

Anonymous

RCZ-R said:
So now they have:

GTI
GTI power edition
R
R400
Super GTI

as next something like a GTI electric is coming, than we can expect a GTI trophy, cause Seat is aiming for such (as opponent to the upcoming Astra VXR Extreme and the Megane Trophy R)

Bit like the RCZ's lineup...

Sport, GT, R, Red Carbon (available in black), Magnetic etc etc.........!

A

Anonymous

RCZ-R said:
So now they have:

GTI
GTI power edition
R
R400
Super GTI

The GTE (hybrid version) that has been already shown, I doubt they will make a full electric golf GTI this model generation.

and yeah I would be surprised if Volkswagen would make a full on track version like a GTI Trophy considering people who buy them do not buy them to have ultimate performance, but rather usable everyday performance, if it was me I would give that opportunity to Seat.

I would say Super GTI and the R400 is pushing it already.

dand87 said:
Bit like the RCZ's lineup...

Sport, GT, R, Red Carbon (available in black), Magnetic etc etc.........!

not really the Sport and GT are basically trim levels like you would get on BMW's, Golf's etc (same basic car and engine just different trim and options) for instance on BMW you have SE, Sport and M sport

The R is like the many incoming GTI and R models, M-Peformance and M-cars for BMW, S and RS models for Audi.

The Red Carbon, Magnetic editions are not like that they are just limited editions cars with special paint or interior (maybe a little piece of exterior trim unique) with a plate indicating what it is and how many are made, however very rarely are such editions have performance enhancements to go with them

The only ones I can think of that do add performance was a couple of the previous generation GTI 35 editions that upped the power by like 35bhp and the BMW M5 30 Jahre edition that got a 40bhp boost over the BMW M5 competition pack.

but the rcz editions you mentioned from my knowledge do not performance enhanced only visually enhanced etc

A

Anonymous

Just got a email for yet another leasing deal on the new golfR £194.99+ vat dsg £25 extra per month pretty awesome deal for a cracking car