What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diesel Particle Filter

A

Anonymous

My RCZ was at the dealers yesterday, for the third time with the dpf warning light issue. They did a forced regeneration again, a new software update and a road test. I was told that the new software update cures the problem. The car will do its own regeneration after approximately 200 miles. If the dpf warning does not come on again before the 200 miles it is assumed to have been solved. Thats just under a weeks motoring for me, so I will keep you informed.

A

Anonymous

With roughly 9000 miles on th clock, the dpf light came on for a minute or two and then cleared. It did this on three or four occassions so with 10200 miles on the clock I took it back to the dealer. I was informed that a software download on the ECU has solved the problem. Two days later after only fifteen miles guess what, on came the DPF warning light. I happened again yesterday with only an extra 20 miles done. Today I am contacting the dealer.

A

Anonymous

Touch wood, mine has been okay since the last software update.

A

Anonymous

I've still not got mine back yet, its been in over 2 weeks now. DPF apparently now finally sorted after taking it all to bits and replacing a sensor or two, but they've found other issues that mean the car apparently doesn't reach spec. Waiting on some Peugeot bigwigs in France to tell them what to try next :( :( but major plus points to the garage, they've been pretty great, 2 great loan cars - 1 a nice GT with 1000miles on the clock and at least 1 update a day! Would much rather have my lovely car back though!!

A

Anonymous

loula2203 said:
( but major plus points to the garage, they've been pretty great, 2 great loan cars - 1 a nice GT with 1000miles on the clock and at least 1 update a day! Would much rather have my lovely car back though!!

They sound like a good dealership. How fortunate are you to have one of the good ones as your local one. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

but they've found other issues that mean the car apparently doesn't reach spec.

That sounds a bit worrying. I wonder how many of us are driving RCZ's the "don't reach the specification".

It would be nice if you can post any information Peugeot give you on this problem.

A

Anonymous

Ok, please excuse me if I don't get it all right, I'm not a technical person.

They've had the DPF system to bits+checked out everything including wiring (on request of Peugeot france apparently). Found water ingress into the Differential pressure sensor, which has been replaced - they thought that'd do the trick but seems not. The systme returns to 10% blockage as opposed to 0%. So obv the dealership won't give it back til that's sorted. A report went over to France on thursday, so just waiting for a response on that!
The chap who dropped off my new loan car said they were working on the car every day, trying different things, so they really are doing everything they can for me. Just very frustrating now. They said they now can't replicate the original DPF warning, but the other thing throws a spanner in the works.

I'm sure they will get there in the end! (I hope!!!!!) How long do I leave it before making a complaint about the actual car not being fit for purpose?

A

Anonymous

P.s I hope that hasn't worried people, as I'm sure my non-technical brain is making it seem worse than it really is! I'm just precious about my lovely little car that cost me all that £££, and really would like to see it back on my drive :)

A

Anonymous

Well I am totally p*ssed off now because my dpf warning light has come back on. Looks like yet another call and visit to the dealership. This will be the fourth time. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

My RCZ is going to the Peugeot technical centre in Coventry for them to investigate the ongoing issues with the dpf. Fortunately they are giving me an RCZ as a replacement whilst mine is being worked on. I'll keep you all informed on the progress.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
My RCZ is going to the Peugeot technical centre in Coventry for them to investigate the ongoing issues with the dpf. Fortunately they are giving me an RCZ as a replacement whilst mine is being worked on. I'll keep you all informed on the progress.
Peugeot do seem to become involved and get things done :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

You will never believe this, but the loan RCZ has the same problem. The dpf warning light came on during my commute home. I guess I have another phone call to make tomorrow. :roll:

I can see this turning into a recall/warranty job for many HDi owners.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
: I can see this turning into a recall/warranty job for many HDi owners.

Please don't say things like that Pearl2 is a HDi and trying to fit a dealership visit into my work schedule would be a total nightmare :helpme:

A

Anonymous

The strange thing is that everyone has assumed the dpf warning light comes on if you are just driving around at slow speeds without giving your car a good blast. I have found that this is not the case. Both my RCZ and the loan one have had the dpf warning come on when I have been doing 90 mph plus. Normally at stage two spoiler speeds. :roll:

A

Anonymous

My dpf light came on again this weekend. It's been to the garage 3 times to be 'reset' . I can't find any common thing about why and when it happens. It's usually when I'm going up through the gears but not always. This in addition to an RG4 that has a mind of its own is seriously jading my rcz experience.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
The strange thing is that everyone has assumed the dpf warning light comes on if you are just driving around at slow speeds without giving your car a good blast. I have found that this is not the case. Both my RCZ and the loan one have had the dpf warning come on when I have been doing 90 mph plus. Normally at stage two spoiler speeds. :roll:

That has been described by Peugeot Group in the this thread:

diesel-models-particle-filter-warning-light-illumination-t2511.html

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Hart said:

That has been described by Peugeot Group in the this thread:

diesel-models-particle-filter-warning-light-illumination-t2511.html

My RCZ has been at Peugeot HQ for the last two weeks whilst they try to solve my dpf issues, plus other items. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

How did you get your dealer to take the problem seriously? Mine seems to think its okay to keep resetting it, and clearly isn't bothered about the time I'm without the car or the hassle of getting it booked in.

A

Anonymous

rczwannabe said:
How did you get your dealer to take the problem seriously? Mine seems to think its okay to keep resetting it, and clearly isn't bothered about the time I'm without the car or the hassle of getting it booked in.

When my dpf problems returned for the fourth time i believe my dealer contacted the Peugeot Technical centre directly. They have had my car for nearly two weeks and the latest news is that they are waiting for a part.

I know that my diesel was not the only one with this problem at my dealership, so i guess they escalated the problem. You can raise a case yourself at Peugeot Customer services. That might be the best way to proceed so that someone takes it seriously.

A

Anonymous

I'm finally getting my RCZ back tomorrow afternoon after two weeks at the Peugeot technical centre. Fingers crossed that the dpf problem has finally been resolved.