What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diesel Particle Filter

A

Anonymous

I thought I would provide an update, but have placed it in "technical" rather than "General" A full history can be seen in my other posts there.

Here goes, eventually got my car back last thursday after spending 2 weeks in the dealership having a new DPF pump fitted and the additive replenished, on the way home within 5 mins DPF warning light on again. Took it straight back to dealership and they had to carry out a forced regeneration 3 times to clear it.

Today having only covered 400 miles (mainly motorway and A road driving) since I got it back the DPF warning on again, I am so cheesed off and honestly wishing I gave the RCZ a miss. Yes it is a lovely motor but I am really concerned that reliability is going to continually haunt me.

First problems appeared at 700 miles DPF warning comes on but then self clears after a blst on the motorway. I mention this at the 1000 mile inspection to dealership. At 1100 miles same issue but car goes into limp mode and will not self clear, back to dealer and forced regeneration is done again. At 1500 miles same thing, it does not go into limp mode but fault will not self clear despite an unnessary diversion to a motorway, this is where it stayed in dealership for 2 weeks waiting for the new DPF pump. There I was thinking all was well and at 1900 miles same thing again this morning.

Now back in dealership again with a few technicians scratching their heads no doubt, I recognise the dealership is doing what they can within the remit of the diagnostics equipment they have but Peugeot really now need to pull something out of the bag.

As far as I am concerned one of two things needs to happen now, full refund or replacement car, I leaning towards the former at present as I have totally lost confidence with all things peugeot now. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I don't think it's just a Peugeot problem, a friend of mine has had similar problems with a nearly new Golf, and a work colleague has had to have the dpf replaced at a cost of £400 as it was out of warranty! :cry:

A

Anonymous

hi sorry they havent cured your problem as i have explained in my other posts have had the same problem but not as severe .luckily mine has managed to clear itself but i was hoping by now they would have had some idea what to do,but this problem is not inherent to the rcz,this week at work i was asked to pop out to collect something in one of the works cars a mazda type people carrier i switched on the engine and wo and behold what was flashing on the screen DPF i couldnt belive it this car had 96000 miles on the clock ,has i said in one of my posts this can be turned off in the software but i dont think peugeot will do this i hope you get sorted you must feel very frustated

A

Anonymous

I am aware this problem is not unique just to Peugeot, I have done many a search on google and Audi , Mazda amongst other manufacturers are having the same issues. It appears the euro 5 engines that have this DPF fitted are the problem cars, it is strange though whatever it causing the problem is not spread widely across the HDi RCZ's.

Interesting article to which I attach the link below which refers to an A6 owner with identicle problems to me ?

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/09/ ... -and-more/

thanks for your feedback

A

Anonymous

2300 miles so far and no problems. Consumption has been 48.6 mpg so not really thrashing it.

A

Anonymous

Update - car still in dealership since last Thursday 4/11, a new DPF filter is going to be fitted, however obviously there is none available as a part order so they have got to get one that is destined for the production line and ship it over to the UK. No idea how long my car will be off the road whilst they wait for this part. I have advised the dealership this is the last time I will accept a repair, should the car have problems again when I get it back I will be formally rejecting the car and getting a full refund. That being the case there will be quite a nice number plate up for sale ! However I really hope it does not come to that.

A

Anonymous

My car is still in the dealership, got a call today they are going to take the part from a new unsold HDi they had delivered today, by the time they fit and test the new filter this will be leaning towards another 3 weeks the car has been off the road which quite honestly is unnacceptable bearing in mind it had already spent just over a fortnight off the road with the same fault. I really hope this finally solves the problem, as I eluded to previously if it ends up back in the dealership again it will be staying there and I will most definatley be insisting on a full refund. I am amazed nobody else who owns a hdi has not experienced the same problem, perhaps I simply have a rogue car.

A

Anonymous

hi d1keo,

Really sorry to here about the probs with your car.

I did 8500 miles in my 1st rcz and have done 600 miles so far in my new one. I have never once had a FAP filter fault. None of our customers HDi's have had any issues.

I hope the new filter cures the problem.

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

hi, no probs with mine and its done 8500 to date, but will inform if matters change

A

Anonymous

d1keo said:
I am amazed nobody else who owns a hdi has not experienced the same problem, perhaps I simply have a rogue car.

Lets hope you've just got a rogue car.

3k miles with no hint of any problems (frantically touches wood).

Tis such a shame, cos the Diesel is THE only RCZ to have.
1.6l sounds so puny and underpowered. Can't be good for the car in the long-term ?? Not if it's driven properly.

Lets hope this recent fix is the end to your woes, cause you will really enjoy your car once you have a chance to really use it.

Good luck Buddy

FGRob

Reaction score
So which one has the slowest 0 - 60 time. :dance: :dance: :thumbup:

I'm afraid it's something you are going to have to get used too, smaller engines is the way forward, but then again if I could afford it I would still have an R8 V10 any day. :twisted:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:

smaller engines is the way forward :twisted:

Rob.

He He....nice one. Depends whose driving :eusa-whistle:

I'm hoping that I'm still at least another 10 years away from a smaller engine :? :eek:

Keep finding that Oil.....the world needs you. I'm prepared to lose an Ozone Layer if it means I keep the larger engine :eusa-shhh: ;)

FGRob

Reaction score
Gorwell said:
FGRob said:

smaller engines is the way forward :twisted:

Rob.

He He....nice one. Depends whose driving :eusa-whistle:

I'm hoping that I'm still at least another 10 years away from a smaller engine :? :eek:

Keep finding that Oil.....the world needs you. I'm prepared to lose an Ozone Layer if it means I keep the larger engine :eusa-shhh: ;)
:lol: :lol: I'll have words with my Saudi mates - ask them to turn the taps on a bit more :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

After being in the dealership for 3 weeks 2 days I eventually got my car back yesterday, a new FAP filter fitted and a full tank of diesel and I can at last start to enjoy my car again. Just hope the problem is at last finally resolved.

A

Anonymous

d1keo said:
After being in the dealership for 3 weeks 2 days I eventually got my car back yesterday, a new FAP filter fitted and a full tank of diesel and I can at last start to enjoy my car again. Just hope the problem is at last finally resolved.

At last. Fingers crossed that everything is now okay and you can really start to enjoy your RCZ.

:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Wow 13 days after collecting car from dealership and approx 500 miles, damn DPF warning is constantly illuminating again. It happened coincidentally on my way to delarship to collect my new spare tyre / wheel, so whilst I was was there they plugged the car into the diagnostics computer and was told the filter was clear and everything was OK. How wrong they were approx 2 miles down the A1 on my way home it illuminated 3 times.
Well next steps, this will be the fourth time the car has has returned to the dealer with the same fault, only this time I am meeting the MD to discuss my options, i.e replacement car or full refund!

A

Anonymous

That's sad news Buddy. Was really hoping you had been sorted this time.

My view is that you've been patient, you've "played the game" and allowed Peugeot plenty of opportunities and tries at correcting the problem :brickwall:
Clearly, for whatever reason, it's not to be on your motor :eusa-think:

Agree that you only have two options:

i) Brand new replacement vehicle (with a few extras thrown in to make up for the hassle / delay / lack of enjoyment)

ii) Full refund.

Time for Peugeot to step up to the Plate and play fair. Be interesting to know how you get on :text-bravo:

Good Luck :beer:

A

Anonymous

Thanks Gorwell, that is exactly how I see it. Thanks for your support.