What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diesel Particle Filter

A

Anonymous

d1keo said:
Wow 13 days after collecting car from dealership and approx 500 miles, damn DPF warning is constantly illuminating again. It happened coincidentally on my way to delarship to collect my new spare tyre / wheel, so whilst I was was there they plugged the car into the diagnostics computer and was told the filter was clear and everything was OK. How wrong they were approx 2 miles down the A1 on my way home it illuminated 3 times.
Well next steps, this will be the fourth time the car has has returned to the dealer with the same fault, only this time I am meeting the MD to discuss my options, i.e replacement car or full refund!

Just wondering...when you got the car back it had a full tank of fuel from the dealer then ran ok for 500ish miles/13 days. Did the faults return coincide with you refueling the car as 500ish miles is about that sort of window?

A

Anonymous

I refuelled it approx 2 days before the problem recurred again, it can generally go 200 to 500 ish miles between problems and the additive pump has already been replaced so I doubt refulleing is causing the issue, I am leaning towards it being an ECU / sensor problem ? The technicians rely heavily on the diagnostics equipment and the fact the filter was showing as clear only minutes before the problem recurred has really got them stumped.

A

Anonymous

Cant see how the filter can be clear/clogged in such a short space of time, have they pulled it off the car to see if it was clogged? If it wasnt it would indicate a sensor/ecu fault.

A

Anonymous

Diesel can clog easy in cold weather but I know a few years ago I had an Audi TDI which had problems with the filter light always coming on despite the 2000rpm drives to try and blow it clear. 2 things cleared this....ecu update and also avoiding supermarket petrol stations.

A

Anonymous

I purchase the fuel from Esso, Sainsburys, BP, pretty much every retailer, so I doubt this is a contributary factor.

thanks to everyone for their thoughts

A

Anonymous

adrian said:
......and also avoiding supermarket petrol stations.

Very wise words my friend, very wise words :text-goodpost:

I tend to stick to Shell, Esso and Texaco at a push.

:auto-car:

Given the range of Garages used D1KEO, you would have to be extremely unlucky to be hitting a bad batch of fuel from one source of these :eusa-think:

Hope the discussions / table thumping is going well. You deserve to be treated fairly....after all, you handed over your cash fairly when asked :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi d1keo,

I can't believe the bad luck you have had with the dpf on your RCZ. I really hope you get this sorted once and for all with peugeot.

On the fuel point. My previous car, a Renault Megane, ran okay with high mpg when I filled up at Sainsbury's or any other garage, but ran like a dog when I filled up at Tesco's.

It's time for Peugeot to do the right thing and give you a full refund or a new car.

All the best,

Steve

A

Anonymous

The saga with my car is now finally at the stage of resolution, Peugeot have finally agreed to the car being formally rejected albeit they claim there is nothing wrong with the car? They would have preferred to replace my car with a petrol as they feel the reason the DPF light keeps coming on is a result of it being used on regular short trips. This is absolute nonsence, the light has come on 24 hours after a 180 mile motorway trip, it has even come on straight after being cleared by a forced regeneration, so I wholly reject this as the reason for the problem.

I am opting for a full refund, this car has spent approx 9/10 weeks in the workshop since I took dely on 6/9/10, I have totally lost confidence with my RCZ and even if I did push for another diesel I would always be driving expecting the DPF light to illuminate. :thumbdown:

Whilst I await my refund I am starting to think about about what I will replace it with, BMW, VW, Ford, I dont really know yet, however whilst my ownership of the RCZ has been somewhat blighted, the time I was able to drive it was a joy.

regards

D1KEO

A

Anonymous

Hi d1keo,

Really sorry to hear that you have had to give up on the RCZ, though it is perfectly understandable with the constant dpf issue you have had. I had a Ford Focus that was in the dealerships 68 times with the same problem. That put me off Fords for life. I hope that what ever you choose as a replacement will give you thousands of miles of enjoyment.

:beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi d1keo

Sorry to hear that your RCZ ownership has come to an end. I can understand your frustrations and would probably have done the same if I had been in your position. I do however, think I would have tried a petrol engine because of the enjoyment you did get out of it, when it was running okay.

You have to remember that with all forums, you hear about the bad things as well as the good, and the majority of people on here, have experienced no problems with their RCZ.

I hope your next car turns out to be everything that you hope for and more.
Best wishes

A

Anonymous

I am currently driving a petrol RCZ which has been provided by the dealer whilst everything is being sorted out, it drives great etc,however the fuel consumption is way off the diesel which is why I chose the HDi when I purchased. Therefore, especially acknowledging the fuel price increases I feel it is worth paying a little more per litre for diesel recognising the superb MPG it returns.

regards

A

Anonymous

It has been a long haul, but at long last got my full refund yesterday. Now looking for something else, got to say nothing is really jumping out at me like the RCZ did.

NB I have my unused 19" Soltice black onyx alloy and tyre for sale. PM me for more detail, looking for £300

D1keo

A

Anonymous

THe particle filter clogging warning came on. If i give it a blast will that clear it and will the warning go off once its clear

A

Anonymous

My dpf warning has been coming on and off for the last couple of week, so I was booked into the dealership on Wednesday for them to investigate. All they did was reset the ecu to clear the fault and guess what - the fault reappeared today.

Giving the car a good blast does clear it but as soon as you meet traffic and start travelling at about 50mph the warning comes back on. :thumbdown:

Booked in for warrenty work for the passenger door seal next Thursday so I will be bringing this up again.

A

Anonymous

hi the dreaded dpf alarm has reared its head again i have tried the recomendation that the hand book suggests but its just not working
i will give it a blast tomorrow if this doesnt do it looks like phone call to dealers does anyone now roughly it takes for the system to regenerate :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Hmmm! My DPF light has started to come on the last few days too. It comes on for a few minutes then swtichwes off but then back on again. I haven't expereinced any other probs though such as loss of power. Will have to book in to my dealers. :roll:

A

Anonymous

My dpf had a forced regeneration last Wednesday, but guess what - the warning light is back on again today. Yet another call to the dealership tomorrow. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I've got the same issue with my RCZ Sport- I got it Sept '10 and totally LOVE it - But I have had niggly issues with it since day 1, as well as the fuel line replaced on the safety recall. I'm not sure if its all part of the same problem, but my fuel consumption had become quite poor and the car was sluggish. The first time I got the warning light I had dropped down to 2nd to over take & had no real response, DPF warning light flashed up, then the car seemed to accelerate as expected seconds later! The garage seemed to 'fix' that in one afternoon. From what they said, they tried a forced regeneration whilst plugged in at the garage, which didn't work, so seems like they took it for a burn up and down the motorway for over 40 miles to do it manually. Seemed so much better for just over a week but hadn't driven it much, DPF light came on again whilst doing 75mph in 6th. I did my own attempt at regeneration, as instructed by the garage, which seemed to work as the light went out, but got it booked in anyway. They have now had my car for 4 days and i'll get an update this evening, but I'm losing faith in my beautiful car.
Is anyone having much luck asking getting their cars repaired?

As an aside, has anyone had an issue with their silver roof bars looking a bit patchy? As thats the next item on the list :cry:

Thanks