What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED - fitting pics pg 19

A

Anonymous

Depends how confident you are/able to do this though doesn't it?

I personally wouldn't be comfortable doing it, especially considering the jacking points issue. Therefore, I would quite happily spend double the time doing it with the wheel on assuming I managed to get it done in the end!

Abzynthe

Reaction score
reycz95 said:
it is still much easier to completely remove the wheel and remove the wheel as a whole, and we work more comfortably and ca not take much longer

It took me about 30 seconds per side once it was jacked up. Why spend more time taking the wheel off to save a couple of seconds?

I use a trolley jack with a rubber puck thing and jack it up by the flat bit behind the jacking point.

A

Anonymous

reycz95 said:
it is still much easier to completely remove the wheel and remove the wheel as a whole, and we work more comfortably and ca not take much longer

I took the 2 front wheels off and cleaned and sealed them into the bargain :thumbup:

reycz95

Reaction score
yes plus it lets take a quick look on the other brake bodies, hoses etc. ..
personal force and grate my hand ca tell me, I prefer to work away very comfortably disassemble a wheel Hits for 1 minute is not the end of the world

A

Anonymous

reycz95 said:
with a roller jack there's NO risk

I'll send you the repair bill if this does happen at some point during my ownership then....

A

Anonymous

Really you need to be a **** to damage the car whilst jackin it up, i used my mrs jack from her Corsa,now you either take the wheel off or leave it on........simples

reycz95

Reaction score
dand87 said:
reycz95 said:
with a roller jack there's NO risk

I'll send you the repair bill if this does happen at some point during my ownership then....

what is the purpose of a floor jack to lift a car without damaged, all garages use it to length of time.
just enough to use on many flat ground and in the soil or other

reycz95

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
Really you need to be a **** to damage the car whilst jackin it up, i used my mrs jack from her Corsa,now you either take the wheel off or leave it on........simples

there sorry but even with the translator I understand nothing

A

Anonymous

Just changed H8 bulbs without removing the wheel or jacking the car up. Turned steering wheel full lock so the wheel is pointing outwards. Removed 2 plastic clips at the bottom of the inner arch just behind the fog light also removed the 2 underneath below the fog light. A small flat headed scewdriver comes in handy for this. Carefully pull the inner arch. You may need to use the small screwdiver just to flick it out at the bottom. Slide your hand in behind inner arch to locate the bulb. Turn clockwise and the bulb will come out of the light. Replace bulb put it back in light and put the 4 clips back.
It took me about 10 minutes to do both sides. A lot easier than I thought.:grin:

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
Just changed H8 bulbs without removing the wheel or jacking the car up. Turned steering wheel full lock so the wheel is pointing outwards. Removed 2 plastic clips at the bottom of the inner arch just behind the fog light also removed the 2 underneath below the fog light. A small flat headed scewdriver comes in handy for this. Carefully pull the inner arch. You may need to use the small screwdiver just to flick it out at the bottom. Slide your hand in behind inner arch to locate the bulb. Turn clockwise and the bulb will come out of the light. Replace bulb put it back in light and put the 4 clips back.
It took me about 10 minutes to do both sides. A lot easier than I thought.:grin:

I'm surprised you didn't need a jack? It probably would only have taken you 5 mins then. Glad it's all done- are you happy with the results?

A

Anonymous

Fog lights look a lot better than that horrible yellow . Really happy with the results.:grin:

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
Fog lights look a lot better than that horrible yellow . Really happy with the results.:grin:

Ian you have to remember they are not foglights anymore, as no beam pattern will be projected on to the road,they ARE LED DRL'S.... :cool: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

They are called superwhite xenon 5000k . Didn't want the leds in my fogs.
Will post some pics soon not at home to take any at the moment.

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
They are called superwhite xenon 5000k . Didn't want the leds in my fogs.
Will post some pics soon not at home to take any at the moment.

Forgve me..... :lol: so you have fitted HID's to the foglamps :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

The LED fog lights on RCZ Performance's site say they are not road legal. I'd be willing to take the risk with these compared to the main headlights, but my question is, would this be an MOT fail? Do they test them does anyone know?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
They only test if the fog lights work. I wouldnt worry about it as Fog lights are only really for others to see you in the dark. They dont do much for visibility :)