What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED - fitting pics pg 19

A

Anonymous

Jass,
What bulbs did you use in your fogs when you had the Z ?
If I recall they were very bright, and could be used as DLR's :thumbup:

I changed the headlight bulbs, side light bulbs and DLRs, to the ones you suggested ages ago, (I cant remember the codes for any of them now ), but I never did the fogs or main beam.

If you can, will you list all the ones you did on the Z :thumbup:

I'm just too lazy to go back through all the threads looking :oops: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Jass,

I changed the headlight bulbs, side light bulbs and DLRs, to the ones you suggested ages ago, (I cant remember the codes for any of them now ), but I never did the fogs or main beam.

I'm just too lazy to go back through all the threads looking :oops: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/produc ... search=car

These are the best right now mate and yes you can use them when the sidelight mode is chosen and your drls dim,thats what i used to do.

A lot of car makers are now using the foglight area of the bumper to house their Daytime running lights instead of the actual foglights themselves

A

Anonymous

You'll have to forgive my ignorance on DRLs as they are a very new thing to me.

I have always had front fogs either already fitted or fitted myself on all my cars. As I do find them useful in fog (believe it or not :lol: )

So with most cars coming with DRLs instead, are they of any use in fog for throwing a wide low beam?

If not then they shouldn't be an 'instead of' in design but as a 'as well as'!

Don't get me wrong I think the new shape RCZ looks good with them. Nice size and not to in your face. Also love the look of Audi! But some other makes look like they have half of Blackpool lights stuck on the front. Very tacky...:-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

I've just fitted the 18 LED ones. I'll post some night and day pics later.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Not driven in fog yet but the DRLs on the facelifted RCZ wouldn't be a replacement for fog lights.

It's not often I drive in fog but I can imagine it would be troublesome in thick fog on an extended journey.

A

Anonymous

I think I tend to agree with RCZ1 here.

Even though I'm considering changing the original fog light bulb to a brighter LED and then using the lights as DLR's, I think they would then be useless in any level of fog or mist.

It's more of a cosmetic change rather than a practical change :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
jactac said:
Jass,

These are the best right now mate and yes you can use them when the sidelight mode is chosen and your drls dim,thats what i used to do.

A lot of car makers are now using the foglight area of the bumper to house their Daytime running lights instead of the actual foglights themselves

So in side light mode you can also switch on the fog lights withouit the headlights being on :eusa-think:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
jactac said:
jassyo06 said:
jactac said:
Jass,

So in side light mode you can also switch on the fog lights withouit the headlights being on :eusa-think:
We sell those same bulbs for less. In fact any Autobulbs Direct products for less and yes we get them from them

Sent from our RCZ

A

Anonymous

Jactac - yes in sidelight mode you can turn on the fogs. This is what I now do so the LEd DRL's are on with the led fogs and nothing else.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Living where I do fog lights are a must, so I wouldn't eliminate them, but I can see why others might do so. But if you need fog lights the factory ones are definitely not that good, changing them to the LEDs we sell is better, but upgrading them to the HIDs we sell is even better.

Sent from our RCZ

A

Anonymous

Yes Jactac changing the foglight bulbs to led would just be for aesthetics mate,them 28 led bulbs will be very bright mate brighter than the OEM foglight bulbs,but they wont through out a beam of light, like a halogen bulb does.but will look awesome i had them :cool:

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:
We sell those same bulbs for less. In fact any Autobulbs Direct products for less and yes we get them from them

Sent from our RCZ

Do you have a link to these bulbs

A

Anonymous

Day ones. These are he 18 led ones not 28. I personally didnt want 28 as I wanted them to match the drl's and not be brighter, which I personally thought would be. Pics don't really do them justice - they are an exact match for the drl's ie white. Will post the night ones once I take them later. I didn't have to remove the wheel to fit them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 13,449
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 13,449
A

Anonymous

They look good Dand, :thumbup:

Just curious why you park your cars on their sides. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Surely dan the brighter the better :eusa-think: as both drl and foglight led bulbs are all still roughly 5000k in colour so they match perfectly,and if you really want to go the full way, fog light hids are the way to go as they will give out and through a beam as good as a xenon light,ok they will be far brighter,but is that not the whole point of a foglight.

Steve is your Foggy hid kit a plug&go kit :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

And at night/early evening. Looks yellow but ice white in colour. Look very bright in the photo but they match the led drl's perfectly. Sure 28 LEDs will look just as good but I didn't want anything too bright, I prefer subtlety.

I park there as I can only get on our drive from one direction and mine doesn't move during the week, so makes sense it being on the end. Plus the post men and next door don't have to go near my car to get to the front door, so eliminating the risk of imperfections!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 13,420

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Reaction score
I've read this monster thread and am a bit confused.

Can anyone tell me in simple terms what my options are to replace my lame yellow side/Drl's ?

Led's seem to get mentioned a lot, but this confuses me as the standard bulb seems to be double filament. Do Led's still work ? Also, any warning light issues with Led's ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:beer: