What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Black Roof Arches

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll throw my two penneth worth in whilst the mood takes me!
Well MK 1 or MK 2 obviously we all differ in tastes and as I've said before beauty is in the eye of the beholder! But all we can compare really is the front end of both cars when comparing looks of both front ends just check em out from the side view and then choose which looks the more aggressive and for me suits the car better the MK1 yes head on the grill does look like other Pugs but from the side it comes into its own.
Tell me if I'm wrong! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

neilgsxr69 said:
I'll throw my two penneth worth in whilst the mood takes me!
Well MK 1 or MK 2 obviously we all differ in tastes and as I've said before beauty is in the eye of the beholder! But all we can compare really is the front end of both cars when comparing looks of both front ends just check em out from the side view and then choose which looks the more aggressive and for me suits the car better the MK1 yes head on the grill does look like other Pugs but from the side it comes into its own.
Tell me if I'm wrong! :thumbup:
Just checked mine and the checked a mk1 and i can see your point but i love the dark zenons on mine and if i saw a mk1 in my rear view i could mistake it for406 easily enough.

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Original shark like and aggressive it's not a mk11 it's merely a facelift and a terrible one at that. Dull and conservative oh and it looks rather like the new 308 front so it does look like another Peugeot.
Prefer the 308 look to a 406 any day

A

Anonymous

Biggyrick said:
Because the phase 2 or facelift version just looks right! And not like a 406, 308
But it does.
bigmac3161 said:
Original shark like and aggressive it's not a mk11 it's merely a facelift and a terrible one at that. Dull and conservative oh and it looks rather like the new 308 front so it does look like another Peugeot.
Biggyrick said:
Really.

A

Anonymous

tocayo said:
Biggyrick said:
Because the phase 2 or facelift version just looks right! And not like a 406, 308
But it does.
bigmac3161 said:
Biggyrick said:
Really.
Yes really, more modern sleek, not like that ugly front 406 massive babadged.

2retro

Reaction score

Attachments

• ron.jpg
    ron.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 8,132
A

Anonymous

Lol banter mate, both are great cars either way, mk1 does look more agrressive totally agree with that, mk2 just bang up to date modern look and how the rcz should of looked from day 1!

A

Anonymous

Biggyrick said:
Lol banter mate, both are great cars either way, mk1 does look more agrressive totally agree with that, mk2 just bang up to date modern look and how the rcz should of looked from day 1!

That was a little like handing over a present and kicking the recipient in the shins as you handed it over. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Yea the mk2 that resounding success it's being canned early :) :) :)

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Biggyrick said:

That was a little like handing over a present and kicking the recipient in the shins as you handed it over. :lol:

ouch.. :lol:

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Yea the mk2 that resounding success it's being canned early :) :) :)

Yep, riding on the crest of a wave with the Rev1 then changed the front and it all went t*ts up ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Nothing to do with the Mk 2. The RCZ was always going to be a limited build car.
I respectfully disagree with that, unless you can point me in he direction of an official Peugeot statement at the beginning of their production ?

A

Anonymous

They've said at the start that the RCZ was only contracted for magner styne to build a certain number can't remember exactly what of hand. And once that number was reached that was it finito no more.

A

Anonymous

Are you referring to the RCZ Magnetic ? 170 for the UK market or the RCZ in general from first production date ?

A

Anonymous

No all the RCZ models aren't actually built by Peugeot probably why there so well made. There built under contract by magner styne in Austria with a BMW engine. Once the set number are built there will be no more made.

A

Anonymous

I've never seen anything that indicated to me that the RCZ was going to be a limited build, especially after going into the development of the R.
To me it would have indicated that the public appetite just wasn't as big as they had hoped and ran with it till sales started to drop probably due to the cost vs brand and the current climate where people are being more savy with their money. They produced the RCZ R but do the majority of car buyers want to part with around 30k for the Peugeot brand (albeit a very good car) ?
I think it makes more business sense to them to stick with the cars that offer better value to their customers and stronger sales for them.

But thats just my thought.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Well this thread has gone way off topic.
Just how it should be :lol:
I should get my car back any day now from the body shop and have had the arches painted gloss black so it kinda puts us back on course.