What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Black Roof Arches

A

Anonymous

Hi, I am interested in buying an RCZ, I am a newbie so be gentle please :)

I am after a while diesel model.

Most of the models I see have chrome roof arches, but some have black arches which I prefer.

1. Is there a specific model (or version or year) that come with the black arches?
2. Can I buy black arches from a Peugeot dealer?
3. And, can the chrome arches be easily removed and sprayed black?? Is this something a typical body repair garage man can do?

Thanks

Harry

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Hi.
Phase 1 RCZs did not come with black arches no matter the model.
Phase 2 RCZs have an option called the black pack, which includes black arches.
You can buy the arches from Peugeot, but i recently enquired and you are looking at about £490 for each side, not including fitting.
Painting is an option, but due to the arches being anodised aluminium, the normal paint process may begin to flake over time, so make sure the bodyshop know what they are doing with it before any work is done.

I hope this helps. :)

2retro

Reaction score
I know people have had the arches 'vinyl wrapped' with good results so I would say that is your best (and cheapest) option. You can even have them in carbon fibre wrap if you want! :)

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Having black arches myself from new on my R, I can confirm they are definitely 'wrapped' in something and not painted.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My arches are black as my car came with the Black Pack. They were removed recently as I had a new screen fitted due to a large stone chip.
They appeared to be made of some kind of composite material, possibly even plastic, as they don't offer any structural stability, they simply clip on to the bodyshell :eusa-think:

I can't believe the price to buy from Peugeot having seen them removed. :eek: I agree with going for the wrap option as I think long term, painting may prove a problem, and I simply couldn't justify parting with that kind of money, more on principal than anything :evil:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 11,598
A

Anonymous

When I bought my RCZ a couple of weeks back I was able negotiate the black arches into the deal. They agreed to have them painted but I think they just ordered the black arches and fitted them, as they look like the plastic composite referenced in an earlier post...not paint.

My car was 9 months old and purchased from Swansway Chester. They have been superb thus far.

If you are buying privately and negotiation isn't an option, just get them wrapped in a Matt black wrap.

Good luck!

A

Anonymous

there is only one colour as far as i am concerned.. black
silver are cheap looking rails.And best left to the mk1. Im afraid it has to be MK 2 only.. and must have black rails, No 1,,, WHITE..and No 2 RED..nothing else im afraid in the colour range is suitable to the design of the rcz...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I'd just mention I have black gloss roof arches on my car they don't look painted and they're the only ones I have ever seen all the other black arches have been mat black they were on the car when I bought it and as yet I have no idea if they were an original option? :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think they were part of the launch edition package.

The black pack option comes with mat black arches.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen around 4 launch edition cars dice I bought mine and they have all had silver arches :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Looks good, I wasn't sure about gloss black arches, but they really suit the car :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi, I've got a diesel had mine carbon wrapped...cheaper than having them painted & I'm more than pleased with the result. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I always think that the black arches, along with the solstice alloys, black mirror caps,calipers etc give the car a lower and enhanced appearance.Keep the silver on the mk1s i say.The addition of the zenons completes the look that the design deserves. :cool:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
wrapper said:
I always think that the black arches, along with the solstice alloys, black mirror caps,calipers etc give the car a lower and enhanced appearance.Keep the silver on the mk1s i say.The addition of the zenons completes the look that the design deserves. :cool:

Are you trying to buy my car ? :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well im afraid my fav colour is 1 WHITE.(KING OF KINGS) 2 RED AND THATS IT IM AFRAID.. ALL OTHER COLOURS PALE INTO INSIGNIFICANCE.And of course only the mk2,i cant stand that gaping mouthed pug front.And yes..i have quads. :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Did I mention I want quads..........but it's not going to happen :cry:

A

Anonymous

neilgsxr69 said:
Here's a photo of my arches.

Looks good Neil, I'm still to-ing and fro-ing over this with mine and have been for a while now but looks good on yours.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
tocayo said:
neilgsxr69 said:
Here's a photo of my arches.

Looks good Neil, I'm still to-ing and fro-ing over this with mine and have been for a while now but looks good on yours.

Thanks for that it does set the car off especially gloss black on white. I've seen the Matt black arches on the phase 2 and they look better than silver but not as good as gloss black, but you know what they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Dont like the black striping but other than that,this is the outstanding version of the rcz...white with black pack. :eusa-think: