What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Black Roof Arches

A

Anonymous

Want mine doing also do they have to come off or can they be left on the car,does anyone know anywhere in Lincolnshire

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
When the Mk2 came out, I liked the front much more

I'm the total opposite, I prefer the Rev1 front and I'm not enamored of the Rev2's but then how boring would it be if we all liked the same thing :)

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
Biggyrick said:
Have to say i totally agree mk1 rcz never caught my attention. Saw mk2 and thought wow that looks lovely. So i bought one and it had to have the black pack on it, so much so i sacrificed a gt200 for a 156 that did have the black pack in on morrocan red.

My attention was first drawn to the RCZ when the Mk1 came out. I absolutely loved it, but, I wasn't overkeen on the front end, but had I been in a position where I was going to change my car, I would definitely have gone for one.

When the Mk2 came out, I liked the front much more, and from that point on, it really was only a matter of time until I managed to get one.

I was sooooooo lucky to find a Mk2 GT200 with every pack on that they do. The only two things missing really was a JBL upgrade, but to be honest, I am more than happy with the sound from the standard system (I prefer to listen to the engine notes anyway), mainly the big thing I really would have liked was a quad exhaust system. The big problem being that I went so far over budget to get the car I bought, there isn't even a faint chance of my OH agreeing to spend another £xxx on something that the car doesn't actually need, especially knowing we are likely to have the same amount to spend on two front tyres later in the year.

But quad or not, I absolutely love the car and yes, it would finish it off perfectly, but I could still hardly be happier every time I see it parked on my drive.

Mk1 or Mk2 I think we are all very lucky to have such wonderful cars :auto-car: :text-bravo:
What is the gt200 like compared to the 156 version, mine is got all options bar satnav, im not sure if it has jbl but omg the sound is 100 times better than my 208 gti, 156 thp isnt very powerfull but the looks of it are simply stunning compared to any car sub 40,50k.
Im going to get mine remapped to 195bhp torque will be around 225ilbs and the mapper has said that he can get more power at 5k rpm as the standard mapp dies off there, whereas the remapp he can make the torque curve still strong there, he also said that a full system and uprated IC would yield around 225 bhp from this engine as he has mapped several now with those modds.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I don't think equipment wise there is any difference between the 156 & 200 so long as you compare like for like; sport v sport and GT v GT. :eusa-think:
Looks wise, they are exactly the same as far as I know
Power wise, there is a noticeable difference. As someone said on another thread, it feels like the 156 is more cruiser compared to the 200 racer.
Handling, the 200 has extra bits to make it handle the extra power, so inevitably it feels that bit more sure-footed, especially round corners.
Not sure about the brakes, I think that also depends on the model; Sport v GT.

Having said that, the 156 is certainly no slouch, and will give most cars you encounter a damn good run for their money :D
If it was a case of having a 156 or no RCZ, I'd take the 156 everyday. :beer:

A

Anonymous

tocayo said:
DKZ5745 said:
When the Mk2 came out, I liked the front much more

I'm the total opposite, I prefer the Rev1 front and I'm not enamored of the Rev2's but then how boring would it be if we all liked the same thing :)
No you dont,but its your way of convincing yourself(and along with others) that you bought in to the wrong model ,and now the car is finished in production.There is still time to upgrade as there is existing stock,just no more will be built. Its all down to finances now. :|

A

Anonymous

wrapper said:
No you dont,but its your way of convincing yourself(and along with others) that you bought in to the wrong model
Why do you think that ?

A

Anonymous

tocayo said:
wrapper said:
No you dont,but its your way of convincing yourself(and along with others) that you bought in to the wrong model
Why do you think that ?
Because the phase 2 or facelift version just looks right! And not like a 406, 308.

A

Anonymous

Biggyrick said:
wrapper said:
Because the phase 2 or facelift version just looks right! And not like a 406, 308.

That doesn't answer my question as to why he thinks he knows my mind better than me when I say that I prefer the Rev1 front to the Rev2, or is it that Rev2 owners just assume that because it's a newer car that all Rev1 owners made the wrong choice ?

A

Anonymous

tocayo said:
Biggyrick said:
wrapper said:

That doesn't answer my question as to why he thinks he knows my mind better than me when I say that I prefer the Rev1 front to the Rev2, or is it that Rev2 owners just assume that because it's a newer car that all Rev1 owners made the wrong choice ?
Not wrong choice just to say you prefer it over the rev2 is what was questionable, you like your rev1 all good!
If both phase 1 and phase 2 were up at the same price same spec etc, would you buy a phase 1? No, as the phase 2 looks better.

A

Anonymous

I think I know wrappers game anyway but it's good to put him on the spot and get him to clarify some of the mince that comes out his mouth :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
tocayo said:
is it that Rev2 owners just assume that because it's a newer car that all Rev1 owners made the wrong choice ?

I don't think you'll find ALL Rev/Mk 2 owners think that at all. :eusa-think:

I already posted further back in this thread "Mk1 or Mk2 I think we are all very luck to have such wonderful cars :auto-car: :text-bravo: "

I think most RCZ owners whichever flavour, just think the RCZ is a fantastic looking car, and the front end, just like the engine type, BHP, trim, arches etc etc is purely personal choice, even if it is occasionally swayed by price (I would have loved an R but simply couldn't afford one when I got my GT200).

I personally don't like being "grouped" in with others who may have more extreme views than most. As I have said previously, MY personal choice was the facelift model, as I wasn't overkeen on the front of the original model. I don't particularly like Peugeot cars in general, and the front end has quite a lot to do with that, but if it came to a choice of no RCZ or a Mk1, I would jump at the chance of a Mk1

A

Anonymous

Biggyrick said:
tocayo said:
Biggyrick said:
wrapper said:

Not wrong choice just to say you prefer it over the rev2 is what was questionable, you like your rev1 all good!
If both phase 1 and phase 2 were up at the same price same spec etc, would you buy a phase 1? No, as the phase 2 looks better.

Look at the residuals for the launch editions, they match many an early MK2 and they're much sought after. It's all a question of taste. Personally, with the mesh grille, I think that the mk1 is on the money. It looks far more aggressive and mean. The mk2 grille is, in my opinion, safely and conservatively styled. That's not to say that I dislike it....I don't, far from it. It's just that I wouldn't see it in my rear view and look twice if I didn't know or love RCZs as I do. It just has a less imposing road presence to my mind. That said, I do prefer the black arches of the mk2. The rails can easily be wrapped though.

All in all it's a question of taste and not a clear cut case of one being better than the other.

A

Anonymous

[/quote]Not wrong choice just to say you prefer it over the rev2 is what was questionable, you like your rev1 all good!
If both phase 1 and phase 2 were up at the same price same spec etc, would you buy a phase 1? No, as the phase 2 looks better.[/quote]

I had a similar dilemma - I chose the Mk.I. Personally, I prefer that look, against the facelift version. Interesting to think that the facelift version, born from the MK.1 was a model revamp. The model revamp of the Mk.II is? Oh yeah, withdrawal. Maybe Peugeot are even admitting that, through sales, facelift Mk.II's had lost their impact within the market?

Petrol or diesel, silver or black arches, we should all be applauded for choosing, a phenomenal car.

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
tocayo said:
is it that Rev2 owners just assume that because it's a newer car that all Rev1 owners made the wrong choice ?

I don't think you'll find ALL Rev/Mk 2 owners think that at all. :eusa-think:

I stand corrected as I should have said that because "he is a Rev2 owner the he assumes".

A

Anonymous

Biggyrick said:

Therein lies a problem, you're assuming you know my mind better than me. You prefer the Rev2 front therefore you assume I should also even at the same price, how can you be sure I would like it ? because you do ?
that is wrapper talk :lol:

A

Anonymous

tocayo said:
Biggyrick said:

Therein lies a problem, you're assuming you know my mind better than me. You prefer the Rev2 front therefore you assume I should also even at the same price, how can you be sure I would like it ? because you do ?
that is wrapper talk :lol:
Why buy a rcz that has a front end that can be mistaken for a 406 or 408 or whatever that horrible family hatch thingy is instead of one that looks much different and much modern?
If you prefer the front end of the phase 1 then be content, for me and most owners the phase 2 looks like no other pug!
Wrapper has a very valid point, and i like alot of other people see that!

A

Anonymous

Biggyrick said:
If you prefer the front end of the phase 1 then be content, for me and most owners the phase 2 looks like no other pug!
Wrapper has a very valid point, and i like alot of other people see that, just because there are people that dont want to admit it.

I am content with it as long as you and others don't continue presume to know my mind better than me.

A

Anonymous

Original shark like and aggressive it's not a mk11 it's merely a facelift and a terrible one at that. Dull and conservative oh and it looks rather like the new 308 front so it does look like another Peugeot.