What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2015 RCZ Yorkshire Meet - 4th Year

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
Ok, Thanks. RCZ1.
Didn't realise the organisation involved in setting this up.
So are you on 40+ now ?

A

Anonymous

Please take lots of pics and post them on the forum...40...amazing.Also if we could have some of the owners with their cars,.that would be great too.I always think its a great way to see other members and the member types that are attracted to these events. Have a great day all that make it to this 4TH year event.
Regards
Wrapper. :mrgreen:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
yeah my parents are going to babysit for the day as i dont think it would be very good for a 9 month old lol.

So just a plus one :)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Joske, if we all floor it at the same time, you should probably still be able to hear us anyway :lol:

A

Anonymous

Anyway, my concern is on numbers of cars driving from location A to location B. There are rules and regulations we have to adhere to, which won't be easy with the numbers of cars attending but up to now, we do have everything in control and plans are progressing well.

Interesting as to what the R&R's are? Obviously driving within the law but I can't think what else there would be? I've done loads of ride outs on 2 wheels with hundreds participating and not come across any regulations or rules. Is it different with cars?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Opal White + 1 (Pearl White)
Peter Garratt (Moroccan red RCZ R) + 1
renegade79. (Pearl white)
RCZ Performance (yellow)
DarloBlack +1 (magnetic black)
dutchRCZ (blue)
TAC + 1
Cossack + 1
Neilgsxr69 + 1(white)
Yorkie740 (white)
SEVEN7SEV3N (mercury grey)
RCZash + 1
DKZ5745 + 1 (Moroccan Red)
smitto + 1 (+possibly Molly)
smarty
Abzynthe (Amber Red) + 1 (amber red)

+25 confirmed from RCZ Owners Group

(Total 41 confirmed)

Possibles:

Plus
+ 5 possible from RCZ Owners Group

Please can you post if you will be bringing anyone with you (for table booking numbers) )

Just to be aware if you do plan on booking accommodation places are running out fast (as its the May Day Bank Holiday), so probably best to book sooner rather than later.

Meeting place will be The Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge from 10.30am where lunch will be had 12.30pm.

http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/

Postcode: YO62 7LQ

List updated

41 attendees :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
thackers said:
Interesting as to what the R&R's are? Obviously driving within the law but I can't think what else there would be? I've done loads of ride outs on 2 wheels with hundreds participating and not come across any regulations or rules. Is it different with cars?

The MSA (Motor Sports Association) have to be informed and depending on the type of event, you may need to obtain a permit (at a price). The MSA RLO (Route Liaison Officer) also needs to be informed as do the local police. It's not as straight forward as you may think. A huge convoy is most certainly not allowed and there is a set protocol for running a convoy well. A LOT of planning has to go into events like this and is not something to be taken on half heartedly. A lot of responsibility rests on my shoulders as the organiser and I can be prosecuted if I knowingly fail to comply with a condition imposed upon the event.

A

Anonymous

How many cars need to be involved for this to come into play RCZ1? Is this solely in English Law do you think?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Im just reading the MSA yearbook. Its very long. But the book has the road traffic act that says:
"It is not illegal to organise or take part in an
unauthorised motoring event in a public place,
but drivers and riders should be aware that they are
liable to prosecution if they drive dangerously or
carelessly."

Most of it looks like for them to get involved you have to be a registered club with them and its a spoting competition. :?

https://www.msauk.org/assets/2015msayearbook.pdf

This is also on the gov website:

"2. Part 2: Do I need any licences or other sort of permission?
Many activities don’t need a licence. However you should check the situation early on, because if you do find you need a licence or other permission, this can take some time, even months in some cases.

This part of the guide will help you with licences and permission for the following activities:

Raffles, lotteries and race nights
Providing entertainment
Providing alcoholic drinks"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ity-events

But just a thought. If you do need to get permissions etc, cant your sponsors get this sorted? What does their sponsorship involve? Or are they just tagging along so their names on it?

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
How many cars need to be involved for this to come into play RCZ1? Is this solely in English Law do you think?

Anymore than 2 cars can be classed as a convoy but generally around 12 in a convoy is where it starts to kick in. Not sure if this aw is solely English Law.

Abzynthe said:
Im just reading the MSA yearbook. Its very long. But the book has the road traffic act that says:
"It is not illegal to organise or take part in an
unauthorised motoring event in a public place,
but drivers and riders should be aware that they are
liable to prosecution if they drive dangerously or
carelessly."

Most of it looks like for them to get involved you have to be a registered club with them and its a spoting competition. :?

That is true Abz. We don't need a permit as we are not a registered club with MSA however after discussions with them I have to inform the RLO and police of our route, for which they have provided me with the necessary contacts numbers and information.

https://www.msauk.org/assets/2015msayearbook.pdf

This is also on the gov website:

"2. Part 2: Do I need any licences or other sort of permission?
Many activities don’t need a licence. However you should check the situation early on, because if you do find you need a licence or other permission, this can take some time, even months in some cases.

This part of the guide will help you with licences and permission for the following activities:

Raffles, lotteries and race nights
Providing entertainment
Providing alcoholic drinks"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ity-events

But just a thought. If you do need to get permissions etc, cant your sponsors get this sorted? What does their sponsorship involve? Or are they just tagging along so their names on it?

I've already sorted out the MSA issues. Our Sponsor, John Harrison Peugeot, were already attending the event and had put their name on the attendees list right near the beginning of the event bring organised. I can't give too much away at the moment about their full involvement but needless to say when I approached them about providing sponsorship, to save those attending having to pay out money at our final destination (which is not a small sum of money), they totally blew me away with their generosity.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
thackers said:

The MSA (Motor Sports Association) have to be informed and depending on the type of event, you may need to obtain a permit (at a price). The MSA RLO (Route Liaison Officer) also needs to be informed as do the local police. It's not as straight forward as you may think. A huge convoy is most certainly not allowed and there is a set protocol for running a convoy well. A LOT of planning has to go into events like this and is not something to be taken on half heartedly. A lot of responsibility rests on my shoulders as the organiser and I can be prosecuted if I knowingly fail to comply with a condition imposed upon the event.

So if it involves the MSA and the planned meet comes under a motor sports event type gathering should participants have insurance differing to standard issue? Because I'm sure when taking out a policy they ask if the car is going to be used in sporting events.

RCZ1

Reaction score
thackers said:
RCZ1 said:
thackers said:

So if it involves the MSA and the planned meet comes under a motor sports event type gathering should participants have insurance differing to standard issue? Because I'm sure when taking out a policy they ask if the car is going to be used in sporting events.

It's not being classed as a motor sport event.

RCZ1

Reaction score
All planning is well advanced and the "RCZ Yorkshire Committee" has been set up to ensure that the day goes as smoothly as possible and we have a number of people who can lead smaller convoys and to avoid people getting lost they will be given a map of the route to be taken on the day. The route has to be carefully planned to avoid as much disruption as possible and with the minimum amount of right turns as you possibly can.

A

Anonymous

I'm finding this all rather interesting...I can be a bit geekish like this sometimes! :lol:

It's going to be a belter of a meet and you've further tickled my interest with this talk of the final destination etc. I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing more in due course.