What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2015 RCZ Yorkshire Meet - 4th Year

RCZ1

Reaction score
The date for the 4th Annual Yorkshire RCZ Meet is to be held on

Saturday 2nd May 2015

Please can you post if you will be bringing anyone with you (for table booking numbers) )

Just to be aware if you do plan on booking accommodation places are running out fast (as its the May Day Bank Holiday), so probably best to book sooner rather than later.

Meeting place will be The Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge from 10.30am where lunch will be had 12.30pm

http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/

Postcode: YO62 7LQ

The Meet will be held in and around the North Yorkshire Moors, North Yorkshire.

Firm details will be updated in the coming weeks / months but just wanted to give advance notice so that leave, accommodation can be booked if necessary.

We want to break last year's record of 15 RCZs in attendance. If you have never been to a Meet before, make this your first. Meet like minded people who share your love of the RCZ and enjoy a great day out.

The day will involve meeting up, lunch, good banter, photographs, drive in convoy through some stunning countryside to end at a beautiful destination (which for now is a secret).

The is the ORIGINAL. The BIGGEST. The BEST.

We already have some confirmed numbers from the RCZ Owners Group on FB.

Please add your names to the list below if you would like to attend.

We would love to see you there [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Opal white

Reaction score
Thanks for organising this great event once again Kerry . . . . :clap:

Count me in, Me & Marie are looking forward to it already :dance:

NAME ADDITIONAL GUEST(S) COLOUR

Opal White + 1 Pearl White

renegade79

Reaction score
Just had a quick gander at accommodation in the area and already 14 hotels/guesthouses are full to capacity!!!!!!
I would suggest that some people if they need it should start looking rather soon. I'm guessing it's a bank holiday over there so places are filling up quickly.
Anyway, count me in.

Pearl white :dance:

TAC

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
Just had a quick gander at accommodation in the area and already 14 hotels/guesthouses are full to capacity!!!!!!
I would suggest that some people if they need it should start looking rather soon. I'm guessing it's a bank holiday over there so places are filling up quickly.
Anyway, count me in.

Pearl white :dance:

There is always room in the boot for a tent :eusa-whistle:

renegade79

Reaction score
DanRo said:
The meeting is during 1 day ?

Yes, the meet lasts for one day. Last year it started at around 1pm and ended around 5pm.
Are you interested?

A

Anonymous

renegade79 said:
DanRo said:

Yes, the meet lasts for one day. Last year it started at around 1pm and ended around 5pm.
Are you interested?

one little thing I noticed last time.....considering we all preordered food, the service took hours! I'd have preferred a longer drive........

renegade79

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:
renegade79 said:
DanRo said:

Are you interested?

one little thing I noticed last time.....considering we all preordered food, the service took hours! I'd have preferred a longer drive........

I agree with you on that point!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try and make the meet. :thumbup:

DanRo

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
DanRo said:

Are you interested

Yes but the meet is only 4 hours If I understand it right that short to come specially from Belgium

RCZ1

Reaction score
DanRo said:
renegade79 said:
DanRo said:

Are you interested

Yes but the meet is only 4 hours If I understand it right that short to come specially from Belgium

If I could just correct this. The pub lunch was booked for 1pm. People actually started meeting up from 11am. The majority of people were in attendance before 12. If you stay over there is the possibility for the Meet to continue over 2 days, IF the interest is there.

RCZ1

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:
renegade79 said:
DanRo said:

Are you interested?

I agree we did have a long wait for food but

a) we were late going into the pub for our lunch
b) we had 29-30 people in our Group alone
c) it's a very popular pub and gets very, very busy
d) it was the May Day bank holiday weekend
e) there was more than one big table other than ours also to be catered for

The alternatives are that we book lunch for 12 noon before the main rush starts? This might fit in better with the plans for this year as the drive could be longer.

OR

We find an alternative meeting point but they will have limited parking? The benefit of the Lion Inn is that we had a field for parking, all to ourselves.

With regards to a longer drive in convoy. I've mulled this over many times and my feelings were that if people have driven many miles to attend, do they want to to be driving 50+ miles again in a convoy? This then brings another problem as the longer the drive, the least likely we are all to stay together. And the main part of the Meet, for me at least, is seeing ALL the RCZs driving TOGETHER in convoy.

RCZ1

Reaction score

Opal White + 1 Pearl White
renegade79. Pearl white
RCZ Performance. Yellow
DarloBlack +1 (magnetic black)
Neilgsxr69 (possible) White
DKZ5745 (possible) Moroccan Red

Plus
7 confirmed from RCZ Owners Group
+ 1 possible (to confirm)

A

Anonymous

Darloblack + 1 - black magnetic (possibly black and copper by then!)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yes, sorry I can't confirm as yet, I will try to do so as soon as I can, pester me if it gets so you need to know one way or the other :thumbup:

renegade79

Reaction score
DarloBlack said:
Darloblack + 1 - black magnetic (possibly black and copper by then!)

good man Gaz!!! :beer:
You've been quiet on the old forum...

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

+ 1 possible (to confirm)

Ha ha, is that me?? Oh I'm in a quandary about this!!! I SO want to attend...........

(truth be told, I could be doing with another bottle of Wet Coat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )