What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2015 RCZ Yorkshire Meet - 4th Year

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think I remember reading somewhere that events of this nature only have to be notified if there is a "set" route.
So long as the route is only "recommended" the organiser cannot be held responsible if everybody decides to follow the recommended route.

Just a thought :eusa-think:

TAC

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
SEVEN7SEVEN - I'm hoping I won't have to limit numbers. I'm just going to see how the interest goes.

It's nothing related to the food (although for anyone who is on the list as confirmed but is not planning on eating, can you make it clear in this thread as it is primarily for table booking numbers). A little closer to the date I will be asking everyone for their food orders as we need to pre order). Anyway, my concern is on numbers of cars driving from location A to location B. There are rules and regulations we have to adhere to, which won't be easy with the numbers of cars attending but up to now, we do have everything in control and plans are progressing well.

This is going to be the biggest independent gathering of RCZs ever seen in this country [THUMBS UP SIGN]

I can see you have 16 cars going from this site, but how many cars from the RCZ Owners Group :?:

RCZ1

Reaction score
TAC said:
RCZ1 said:
SEVEN7SEVEN - I'm hoping I won't have to limit numbers. I'm just going to see how the interest goes.

It's nothing related to the food (although for anyone who is on the list as confirmed but is not planning on eating, can you make it clear in this thread as it is primarily for table booking numbers). A little closer to the date I will be asking everyone for their food orders as we need to pre order). Anyway, my concern is on numbers of cars driving from location A to location B. There are rules and regulations we have to adhere to, which won't be easy with the numbers of cars attending but up to now, we do have everything in control and plans are progressing well.

This is going to be the biggest independent gathering of RCZs ever seen in this country [THUMBS UP SIGN]

I can see you have 16 cars going from this site, but how many cars from the RCZ Owners Group :?:

In the list post I updated last night (a few posts back from here), under the list of names of people on this forum, I give the number of cars attending from the RCZ Owners Group. It currently stands at 25 with 5 or 6 possibles. All the information is contained in the updated list.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Opal White + 1 (Pearl White)
Peter Garratt (Moroccan red RCZ R) + 1
renegade79. (Pearl white)
RCZ Performance (yellow)
DarloBlack +1 (magnetic black)
dutchRCZ (blue)
TAC + 1
Cossack + 1
Neilgsxr69 + 1(white)
Yorkie740 (white)
SEVEN7SEV3N (mercury grey)
RCZash + 1
DKZ5745 + 1 (Moroccan Red)
smitto + 1 (+possibly Molly)
smarty
Abzynthe (Amber Red) + 1 (amber red)

+23 confirmed from RCZ Owners Group

(Total 39 confirmed)

Possibles:

Plus
+ 6 possible from RCZ Owners Group

Please can you post if you will be bringing anyone with you (for table booking numbers) )

Just to be aware if you do plan on booking accommodation places are running out fast (as its the May Day Bank Holiday), so probably best to book sooner rather than later.

Meeting place will be The Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge from 10.30am where lunch will be had 12.30pm.

http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/

Postcode: YO62 7LQ

List updated

39 attendees :)

A small amendment to the list. We have had someone drop out and someone was counted twice (from the forum and FB group) so we need 1 more for the magical 40 (although we have 6 possibles)

A

Anonymous

We're making a mini holiday of the whole thing. We've booked ourselves in to Canadian Fields campsite a few miles away and will be driving up on the Friday afternoon and staying over into Sunday. This way we can take part in the meet and have a relaxing little break around it. There are a number of other campsites around the area, but like the hotels I'm sure they'll also fill up quite soon.

A

Anonymous

Yes count me in, be good to meet up with you guy's.
Plan to bring the wife.

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
There we go 40 defos...
Nice one
johnbmaximus..
Welcome. Any pics of your prized car ?

A

Anonymous

If I'm not too late, yes please!

Just booked the motorhome in at York for the weekend.

Will be just me.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Opal White + 1 (Pearl White) food ordered
Peter Garratt (Moroccan red RCZ R) + 1
renegade79. (Pearl white) food ordered
RCZ Performance (yellow) food ordered
dutchRCZ (blue)
TAC + 1 food ordered
Cossack + 1 food ordered
Neilgsxr69 + 1(white) food ordered
Yorkie740 (white)
SEVEN7SEV3N (mercury grey) food ordered
RCZash + 1 food ordered
DKZ5745 + 1 (Moroccan Red) food ordered
smitto + 1 (+possibly Molly)
smarty
Abzynthe (Amber Red) + 1 (amber red) food ordered
Johnbmaximus + 1
Elephant99 (food ordered

+24 confirmed from RCZ Owners Group

(Total 40 confirmed)

Possibles:

Plus
+ 6 possible from RCZ Owners Group

Please can you post if you will be bringing anyone with you (for table booking numbers) )

Just to be aware if you do plan on booking accommodation places are running out fast (as its the May Day Bank Holiday), so probably best to book sooner rather than later.

Meeting place will be The Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge from 10.30am where lunch will be had 12.30pm.

http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/

Postcode: YO62 7LQ

List updated

A small amendment to the list. We have had a couple of people drop out and someone was counted twice (from the forum and FB group) so we now have made the magical 40 (and we have 6 possibles)

**** 40 attendees :) ****

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ok everyone. The Meet is a little over a month away so it will be here quicker than we know.

Can I ask you all to have a look at the menu and let me know your food choices (you can PM on here)
http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/menu.htm

I will need to know this by Monday 20th April

Your co-operation in this would be much appreciated :)

RCZash

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Ok everyone. The Meet is a little over a month away so it will be here quicker than we know.

Can I ask you all to have a look at the menu and let me know your food choices (you can PM on here)

Just wondering if people are going for the full meal, starter main and pud or will I be the only one still eating while your all off down the road or should I leave room for a cream tea ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZash said:
RCZ1 said:

Just wondering if people are going for the full meal, starter main and pud or will I be the only one still eating while your all off down the road or should I leave room for a cream tea ?

Well the majority of people so far are just having main courses. This may be due to the portion sizes being HUGE !

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
With a 2012 Asphalt I can't see you being too far behind...even with a pud !!!! :thumbup:

RCZash

Reaction score
Just having main course, don`t want to overload the car :? full Yorkshire breakfast should tide me over, then find a good pub/restaurant in the evening. :beer:

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me ? :helpme:

Is anyone aware of a jet wash in or around the village of Kirbymooreside ?
Have been looking on Google street view but no luck !!
The images on there are about 5 years out of date.

RCZ1

Reaction score
SEVEN7SEV3N said:
Hi, can anyone help me ? :helpme:

Is anyone aware of a jet wash in or around the village of Kirbymooreside ?
Have been looking on Google street view but no luck !!
The images on there are about 5 years out of date.

I'm not sure about Kirkbymoorside but there is one in Pickering, a short drive away. It's on the opposite side of the road to the Best Western hotel. There's probably more in Pickering too.

RCZ1

Reaction score
A BIG HEADS UP !

The figures we have at the moment for people attending the Yorkshire Meet on the 2nd May is unfortunately, the final figures. There is no further room at the Inn (literally) for all the people that are attending (plus all the other bookings the pub has).

The only places available now are if anyone on the confirmed list drops out ie does not confirm there food order by the end of the day Monday 20th April.

The day has proved to be so popular, it is beyond our wildest imagination that we would even get anywhere near this number of RCZs attending on the day.

I will post up on Tuesday 21st Aprill, if there are any non responders so that places may be filled, if possible, but these must be filled by Wednesday 22nd April. That is the absolute deadline.

The further bit of information is that the lunch has now been brought forward to 12 noon,

Apologies if this has disappointed anyone but alas the popularity of the day has led to me having to make this decision.

TAC

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:

Food choices done 2 weeks to go :dance: