What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Your first car...

A

Anonymous

Mini 1000 - BUT 983K Harvest Beige but then Tartan Red... Hole in the floor also came out of 2nd and I still now hold the gear stick now when taking a corner in 2nd... Also never needed a key started with a screwdriver...

A

Anonymous

XRO 735X a red Austin Metro 1.0 City 3dr had it for 6 months before a half asleep van driver shortened the rear end of it by about 3 feet

A

Anonymous

a bond three wheeler with a 250cc villiers engne and chain driven. it had a kick start and a push button start. no reverse
as it could turn around in its length. had lots of fun with this car.

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
XRO 735X a red Austin Metro 1.0 City 3dr had it for 6 months before a half asleep van driver shortened the rear end of it by about 3 feet

Lucky you did not die!
When my wife was looking at a car years ago we saw the then new, rebadged Metro, called the 100. NCAP had just come out and from memory got it no stars and a statement a 30mph crash would kill!
We got a mk2 Micra. :beer:

lionhart

Reaction score
mine was a 205gti 1.9, owned from new and after warrenty ran out tuned by dimma uk.very happy days had it for 10 years :)

A

Anonymous

My first car was an Austin 1100 purchased in 1978. I was returning to Doncaster after visiting relatives in Chester on the M62 when the engine blew up. I quickly Purchased another 1100 and swapped engines. At this time the craze was to cover the whole of the interior with fake fur. I chose a nice fawn colour. The local market stall made a fortune. It also made the car warmer when parked out under the stars. :eusa-whistle: :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

This 'First Car' section has prompted me to think back a long way to remember my first car.
A friend of mines father owned a Body repair business, and had acquired a car left for repair, but unfortunately the owner passed away whilst the car was being repaired. ( I dont mean that it took so long to do the work, that the poor beggar popped his clogs waiting for completion.......you know what I mean ! !) The family of the deceased did not want the car returned and instructed the Company to dispose of the vehicle. Unfortunately, the car languished in the back of the workshops , taking up room for a number of years until someone was moved to dispose of it. My pal mentioned to me that he was charged with getting rid of the car , and offered it to me. I thought at the time that a set of wheels was better that public transport, although I was not overly enthusiastic. Learning what car it was, i decided to take the plunge.
It was a 1947 Series Y MG Saloon, in Bright Red, with Huge Chrome Headlights. The bonnet was secured with a Big Black Belt. It was stunning. Although a 1947 car, it had integral Jacks fitted into the chassis, which by flicking a switch under the bonnet would raise the car off the deck, either for tyre repairs or stuck in muddy situations. Leather upholstery, and Blinds on each window, and many other unique features. What a car........................The tales I could tell whilst this car was in my ownership are many , varied and often funny.
The best thing was that it cost me £35 (in1966). I sold it 2 years later for £2000. I wish I still had this one

A

Anonymous

My first car was a Peugeot 106 1.6 XSI in a rare gunmetal grey metallic colour. The car had lovely red and grey velours seats. I am not sure what the power was
but it felt quick at the time. After that I bought a yellow metallic 306 GTI-6. That car was fantastic.

Then my BMW period started with a 1994 325 Convertible ( I still own ) to be followed by a BMW 328i Touring. This touring was fitted out with the engine out
of an M3 saloon ( 321 bhp ) and was made to look like an M3. Silver with black leather.

After the Touring I bought a Mini Cooper and after that a Cooper S. The Cooper S is now traded in for a RCZ. Back to driving a Peugeot ;-)

A

Anonymous

A 1967 Morris Minor Traveller, complete with mock tudor wood effect that grew moss !! Real babe magnet :)

A

Anonymous

dartanian said:
A 1967 Morris Minor Traveller, complete with mock tudor wood effect that grew moss !! Real babe magnet :)

LOL. Babe magnet

Attachments

• Austin Mini Countryman Mk2-woody-1.jpg
    Austin Mini Countryman Mk2-woody-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,318

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
i had posted a carhistory in my introductiontopic.

I started with in 2000 till 2003 with a 1987 Peugeot 309 GLD

In 2003 came my boyracerperiode with a 2003 Peugeot 206 1.4HDi. In the almost 8 years the car has gone through a few stages, al can be read here @ Peugeotforum.be
Summertrim:

Winter:

In 2009 when the boyracerperiode has gone mostly a result of the legal problems here in Belgium I bougth myself one of my all time favourite Peugeot's. Since driving with my first 309 I knew one day I own a Peugeot 309 GTi. After almost a year looking after a "good" ph1 with the rubber bootspoiler I came across a Miami Blue GTi16. Unfortunately it was sold right in front of my nose. Then I found this beauty in the Netherlands: a 1991 Peugeot 309 GTi16 in Black.

At the moment she looks like this:

It's a very long project, it started whit refurbishing the rear axle. :oops: :oops: :oops: and will end with a complete rebuild, one day, in the far far future. :oops:

A

Anonymous

Helen RCZ said:
dartanian said:

LOL. Babe magnet

Ah yes, but thats only the mini. Of course the rear seats folded flat as well you know , top of box hill in the summer of '77 (sigh)!!

FGRob

Reaction score
dartanian said:
Helen RCZ said:
dartanian said:

LOL. Babe magnet

Ah yes, but thats only the mini. Of course the rear seats folded flat as well you know , top of box hill in the summer of '77 (sigh)!!
And two sliding rear windows for extra leg room. :wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Absolutely Rob lol.
Perhaps we should amend the topic of this thread, to what was the worst car you got laid in??? :eek:

A

Anonymous

dartanian said:
Absolutely Rob lol.
Perhaps we should amend the topic of this thread, to what was the worst car you got laid in??? :eek:

Then the RCZ will score a few points. Not very romantic in the car I must say. Not even with Barry White on the radio :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

dartanian said:
Absolutely Rob lol.

MGTF :lol:

A

Anonymous

My first car was a 1933 Austin Seven ! This was about 1965, when these sorts of cars were cheapish ! I think it cost me less than £20, but the insurance was more !.. Other cars were, Morris Minor, Mini, MGB GT.....3 of them ! MG Metro, Ginetta G15, Rover SD1 V8, MGF, Montego...yuck, Rover 200, Peugeot 406 coupe....2ltr and 3ltr, 407 saloon, 407 coupe and now my 156 GT RCZ. How times change !

A

Anonymous

i got my license 2-years ago, and the first car i had was a Jeep Wrangler Hard-Top 2.5 TJ Green xD that was my mother's car, but since i couldnt do much km's without feed him :lol: , i traded it for a 2-hand 99 Golf IV Cabrio 1.9TDi 110cv in dark blue xD and hopefelly now im going to get a RCZ in exchange of my actual one :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Blimey Figo. You really must have saved. To have that as your first car was quite an achievement. Mine was an Morris 1100 which wasn't even cool back then!