What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The Banter Thread

A

Anonymous

Re: How many shades of Pearl White?

i work in a body shop and 3 stage pearl is the hardest thing in the world to match, the more shades the darker, the primer is different on the plastic part so they will always look a different colour (tends to be creamier), all i can say is get used to it or try get it painted to a match bit annoying really :'(

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I didn't see any differences on Pearl but she was only the foster RCZ. It ain't a big issue. I love the car and I know that my colour choice was impeccable. Blimey imagine my dilemma, had I had ordered Opal White by mistake!!!

Ron,
if you had ordered the Opal White by mistake we wouldnt be having this conversation now would we. :lol:

A

Anonymous

daniellll.bee said:
i work in a body shop and 3 stage pearl is the hardest thing in the world to match, the more shades the darker, the primer is different on the plastic part so they will always look a different colour (tends to be creamier), all i can say is get used to it or try get it painted to a match bit annoying really :'(

:text-goodpost:

So there we have it Ron, from a body shop painter, Pearl is creamier, so get used to it son. :clap: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score

Jactac, its called pearl white because its pearl white. Pearls are not pure white are they? None of us have ever said that solid white is not pure white - because that's what it is - solid flat white. Pearl has more too it than a solid flat white.

Pearl is far more reflective, far more beautiful and far more flake popping - oh hang on a minute, you wouldn't know that would you because you've got a flat white :eusa-think:

Get over it :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

No i wouldnt know that, cos i got flat brilliant white equal coloured panels :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And i dont need a visit to the dealers to explain why my panels are "patch work" either :eusa-whistle:

Surely a nerve being touched here and there is an obvious reaction, for a mod RCZ1 you dont half bite and get involved with the banter, chill a bit , breath slowly, relax, it's only a colour, not a nice colour but only a colour after all. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me and Ron have spoken about the Opal V Pearl banter in private, and thats all it is BANTER, honest now :eusa-whistle:

Come on Ron its your turn now. Give it to me son, dont hide behind your mentor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And well done RCZ1 You are correct , well done ,Pearls are NOT white, that is why it should just be called PEARL and not Pearl White, end of.......

Oh, ok then just to GET OVER IT and for the sake of our eye in the sky mod, Pearl is the best and brightest NON white you can get, its eye popping, jaw dropping stunning. :roll:

Am i off the naughty table now. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well personally I think my Grey one is by far the nicest looking of the colours. It is the same colour all the way over. Hides the dirt quite well as I never wash it as well.

When I see the others, especially white, I just feel like saying 'short back and side please.........' :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Yep, Shark grey was my first choice, but then i saw Marcus's Opal up at Perrys and was smitten, in fact

IMO i think that with white (Opal or Pearl) you need to get the balance/contrast right with the colour of trims and wheels ect . :eusa-think:

I was a bit concerned about keeping white clean but in fact i find it easier than my previous black car.

I do think though regarding black that this is one here is one of the nicest i've seen on this site and now after seeing a few "Sharks" in the flesh localy i would probably take a black one over Shark grey at a nod especialy after seeing this one.
It looks so crisp and clean with the right colour choice of wheels complementing the arches, its just spot on :clap:

ain-she-gorgeous-t2460.html

RCZ1

Reaction score

First and foremost Jactac, I am a contributing member to this forum. Second I am a Mod. It means that I am entitled to an opinion just like anyone else. If I disagree with something that's posted then I am entitled to post my opinion in return.
I don't "bite" as you put it, in fact I've been disregarding your posts for some time as you complain on the forum but don't actually do anything about your faults ie go to your dealer. It gets a bit repetitive TBH.

Sorry, I've done it again - I've voiced an opinion. I won't do it again.............. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1,
Yes you are entitled to give opinions, just like i am, and you will know all about my opinions on Pearl and also on the quality and other issues that i and many others have raised about the RCZ .

I just hope that as a mere member my opinions and comments and them of others in the same lowly postion as myself do not become over shadowed by opinions and comments from people higher up the ladder, now that would be a shame and a failing of any forum.

You will also note from my threads that i have visited my local dealer on numerous occasion, most recently just last week, and when the time is right i will be off loading this particular RCZ, probably for ALL the reasons i have "repetitively" listed !

Now, even you must agree that is doing something about it !!! However until that day comes and i'm still a member of this great site your stuck with me and my open views ;)

As for getting repetive, well i would suggest that any forum is the same, people put in their opinions which may then go on and on a bit, ITS A FORUM FOR GODS SAKE.

Also sometimes members do get a little bit of banter going between each other, just as Ron and myself do, there really is no need for you to get involved if you dont want to, i'm sure Ron is a big capable lad with a good sense of humour. As i've said we have spoken about this banter and other issues privately, in fact in his last private message he said he couldnt wait for me to get back so that he could start slagging me off again, what a lad eh !! But all in good fun, it's called having a sense of humour :eusa-whistle:

The best thing that you can do if you dont want to read them is to carry on disregarding them and just dont reply to any of them, ignor them, DONT BITE ITS ONLY BANTER . :thumbup:
Looking back through many of my threads or where i have added a comment it seems as though you havent disregarded that many though because you have added an opinion on nearly everything i have said , am i that much of a thorn, sorry :oops:

We both obviously have two totaly different opinions on most things and clearly will NEVER agree on anything but please if you feel the need to vent at my comments or opinions then do keep giving your opinions coming as they do bring a smile to my face, and afterall this would not be a forum if it were not for people having different opinions eh :p

A

Anonymous

I wish to step between the two camps and state that jactac would have had Pearl White as it is the colour of choice for the RCZ. That is official. However following tough negotiations with Marcus it became apparent that jactac's budget could not stretch to cover the extra premium required for the upgrade to Pearl and reluctantly settled for Opal.
Marcus did state at the time that if jactac was prepared to accept an invitation to stay in England an extra day to pay off and make sufficient retribution for his Welsh habits then a possible deal could be on the table. However jactac was unable to accept such an offer and returned to the principality with his pride in tact and an inferior coloured car.
This failure of jactac to secure a deal for the colour of choice, is I believe what lays behind his assertions that the car is flawed. He cannot come to terms with his inability to attract sufficient funding to rectify the wrongdoings of the past and his inability to remain a free man in England for long enough to make the necessary retributions that is causing him the heartache that is clear for us all to see.
So please RCZ1 leave the poor boy to be, It really isn't all his own failings that has brought him to this sad situation and it is really not British to kick a man when he is down (not even a welshmen)

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
And well done RCZ1 You are correct , well done ,Pearls are NOT white, that is why it should just be called PEARL and not Pearl White, end of.......

well techincally its still is white, 3 stage pearl is a base coat of your choosen colour (white), a laquer-like coat with the pearl content, then laquer over the top.
so it should technically be called pearl white ;)
gotta defend my car ;) hahaha :lol:

A

Anonymous

Ron, you dont half tell a good story , a bit far fetched but good effort, :clap:

Theres just this one big flaw in there though m8, have a little look this old but interesting post, oh how time flies when we are having fun. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rcz-advice-before-buy-please-t1469.html

Your memory may be a bit dodgy m8 but mines as crisp as Opal White. :thumbup:

I am impressed though that you managed to string such a tale together all on your own as you normally have a bit of outside :helpme: and support with our Opal V Pearl banter :eusa-whistle:

Couldnt afford Pearl :!: :lol:, hilarious, :lol: :lol: . Loose change my son loose change, :dance: :dance:

Even if Marcus had offered Pearl to me for free i wouldnt of had it, i would rather have my RCZ painted in Austin brown than Peugeot Milky Pearl or is it called " Patch work Pearl" these days , i think that sums it up better and it has a good ring to it , afterall that is how you described your Pearl2 recently i do recall. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now talking of "camps", those champaigne arches are bit camp dont you think , or should we steer clear of that :? :lol:

As for my Welsh habits, theres nothing wrong with having a sheep as your best friend, and any way it's far better than sitting in a dark corner on your own and taking things "in hand", no wonder your blood pressure is through the roof m8, stop it mun, you'll go blind, then again your probably half way there already, thinking that Pearl looked white :oops: :lol:

Anyway gotta get some :sleeping-yellow: now as i'm just getting off a pig of a night shift, or was i just getting off a sheep, :oops:
I just cant remember in all this excitment . :lol: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
OO58RON said:
I didn't see any differences on Pearl but she was only the foster RCZ. It ain't a big issue. I love the car and I know that my colour choice was impeccable. Blimey imagine my dilemma, had I had ordered Opal White by mistake!!!

Ron,
if you had ordered the Opal White by mistake we wouldnt be having this conversation now would we. :lol:

my opal white has a few shades on its creamier looking along the whole length of the sills and is quite noticeable as is the rear bumper,it dont really bother me as its leased but peugeot shouldnt let this happen,Quality Control :(

RCZPeter

Reaction score

Can anyone join in?! - I'm not getting pearl (white) 'cos reminds me of SMA Gold Cap and similar .... :oops:

Actually, reason for going for opal, is because it reminds me of my (previous) favourite white car, an Opel (not opal!) manta 25 years ago.

A

Anonymous

RCZpeter,
yeah this gig is open to anyone with a sense of humour, the more the merrier as we are short on the ground at the moment for SOH. :lol:

Pear = SMA gold cap. :clap: :lol:

Now the talking of Mantas, i had a "White Gold" ( actual name of colour) 1.8 Opal Manta Berlineta, about 25 years ago , it was bloody stunning and the first car i owned with a 5 speed box.

I can remember the ad in the local paper said "first to see will buy" and i did, it was the colour that caught me, bit of a strange name for a colour but it was stunning, if i remember rightly i paid something like £6000 for it one previous owner, which was a lot 25 years ago, well it was for me, a proud Welsh lad with a habit for sheep :lol:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
jactac said:
OO58RON said:

Ron,

my opal white has a few shades on its creamier looking along the whole length of the sills and is quite noticeable as is the rear bumper,it dont really bother me as its leased but peugeot shouldnt let this happen,Quality Control :(

jassy, that will be the painting on plastic issue and not the actual Opal white colour. You could get this problem with any colour including Opal or Pearl.
Luckily all my panels including the plastic ones are all l one shade.

RCZPeter

Reaction score

jactac said:
RCZpeter,
yeah this gig is open to anyone with a sense of humour, the more the merrier as we are short on the ground at the moment for SOH. :lol:

Pear = SMA gold cap. :clap: :lol:

Now the talking of Mantas, i had a "White Gold" ( actual name of colour) 1.8 Opal Manta Berlineta, about 25 years ago , it was bloody stunning and the first car i owned with a 5 speed box.

I can remember the ad in the local paper said "first to see will buy" and i did, it was the colour that caught me, bit of a strange name for a colour but it was stunning, if i remember rightly i paid something like £6000 for it one previous owner, which was a lot 25 years ago, well it was for me, a proud Welsh lad with a habit for sheep :lol:

Thanks. (Hope you got the "similar" - that was the main idea :oops: !)

Yeah, I had a manta GTE - can't recall the name of the colour, but it got noticed, and in those days I was young! Went up and down the A5 every week - these cars are wasted on motorways!

A

Anonymous

quote jassy, that will be the painting on plastic issue and not the actual Opal white colour. You could get this problem with any colour including Opal or Pearl.
Luckily all my panels including the plastic ones are all l one shade.[/quote][/quote]

yeah i understand :| the plastic being painted elsewhere in some part of a car plant hence the different tonal shading but as i said it aint an issue

A

Anonymous

RCZPeter said:
Can anyone join in?! - I'm not getting pearl (white) 'cos reminds me of SMA Gold Cap and similar .... :oops:

Actually, reason for going for opal, is because it reminds me of my (previous) favourite white car, an Opel (not opal!) manta 25 years ago.
Smut, humour and age, Ye you can join in. There are only a few rules.

1 Take the mick out of jactac

2 recognise that white is right and pearl is perfect

3 opal is auwful

4 jactac has no right of reply. (but one must allow him to think that he has)

5 When jactac starts on a rant, remain silent and allow others to demonstrate his ignorance

Stick to the rules and everything will be tick a te boo :helpme:

RCZPeter

Reaction score

Rules understood and agreed :D , except rule 2 - what happens when the Cow and Gate comes up the wrong way? - "pearl is p..." :eusa-whistle:

(sorry, but remember I've ordered an opal with black wheels, AND off to Strumble Head moving in with the sheep for our holidays tomorrow!)