What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The Banter Thread

A

Anonymous

I would be interested if owners of Pearlescent White RCZ's would let me know if mine is unique. I have at least three shades of white quite clearly distinguishable.
!. Main body of car
2. Front panel (encompassing badge), Rear spoiler and both side panels that run beneath the doors to wheel arch below strap line. All of these appear to be plastic panels
3. The panel housing the door Shut (the panel adjacent to the seat back)

No. 1 is as one would expect, 2, a milkier version and 3, is brilliant white.

I didn't notice any colour differences on the previous one. So anybody able to comment on their pearls would be appreciated.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: How many shades of Pearl White?

Hi Ron

I've got quite a bad problem with mine. The paint seems to be running in places and not very smooth. I think it's a problem that should be highlighted with Peugeot UK. :eusa-whistle:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x164 ... medrcz.jpg

I

Seriously, I have noticed that the panel that runs right along the bottom of the car at the side is very slightly different, but only in certain lights. Not noticed any difference with the other parts you mention but then they are all plastic, I believe. The door shuts are normally slightly different as it's thinner paint in that area. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Once you have Glynn detail it, I'm sure you won't notice it. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ron i know we have had a bit of banter on the Pearl V Opal thing, but in all honesty i do not think you should be seeing a difference in panel colour, yes the pearlescent paint does give off a shimmer look but not a total different colour from one panel to the next ?

Go back to the dealers and try parking up next to another Pearl.

With a new car dont let it go too long before you speak to your dealer.

A

Anonymous

Just looked at that pic :lol: :lol:

Your getting as mad as me .

A

Anonymous

I had a 308CC in Pearl White and only variation I saw was between the plastic wings and the metal doors.

I don't think Pearl White is a great colour - not exactly white. Even less great considering what it costs.

RCZ1

Reaction score

Derek said:
I had a 308CC in Pearl White and only variation I saw was between the plastic wings and the metal doors.

I don't think Pearl White is a great colour - not exactly white. Even less great considering what it costs.

No its not white, its pearl white - which makes it different from all the standard whites that are around. You get nice pearlescent / flake pop and its more reflective than normal whites - so we win on every front :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Derek said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Derek, you started something now m8, but i'm with you on this. :clap:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:

Don't push your luck jactac. With K on my side you could find yourself barrrrrrrrrrred (Sorry M8 just thinking of your welshness) :wave:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Derek said:

No its not white, its pearl white - which makes it different from all the standard whites that are around. You get nice pearlescent / flake pop and its more reflective than normal whites - so we win on every front :thumbup:

To be honest, it looks cream. Nice in the dark / from the distance when you can't really tell as much.

jactac said:
Derek said:

Not getting involved in colour wars when Amber Red is clearly the best :p but..... if I was to have got a white RCZ it would have been been the solid white. A nicer colour of white and not a £600+ option.

In between ordering and collecting my 308CC, my g/f got a Mazda 2 and I convinced her to get pearlescent white. It is what white should be in a colour - white.

A

Anonymous

yep should have got amber red.simples

A

Anonymous

bee said:
yep should have got amber red.simples
My eyesight is not the best. I have monocular vision and even that eye is failing due to age, but I can clearly see a difference in the different panels. It resembles a patchwork quilt. But on the upside the door mirrors don't drip water following a washing session. I do think a dealer visit is in order as it is only two weeks old. Why is my dream car presenting me with concerns? I love my Pearl2 but I had hoped to have resolved the issues that I had with Pearl when I collected Pearl2 :helpme:

RCZ1

Reaction score

Derek, Why did you buy a pearl White 308cc then if you don't like the colour? We all make our choices and colour is very subjective. I love pearl White and I love the look I get from it. The many, many great comments I get from people / strangers about the way the car glistens is testimony to that :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Derek, Why did you buy a pearl White 308cc then if you don't like the colour? We all make our choices and colour is very subjective. I love pearl White and I love the look I get from it. The many, many great comments I get from people / strangers about the way the car glistens is testimony to that :thumbup:

I liked it when I ordered it but quickly went off it.

It just isn't as nice as other manufacturer pearl whites.

Maybe some of the comments is due to it being an RCZ :lol: I find the RCZ gets a lot of attention just as my 350Z Roadster did but a white 308CC just got ignored :D

FGRob

Reaction score

The reason why you have different colour panels is very simple, the main body is sprayed in Austria and your bumpers, side skirts and other plastic items are sprayed somewhere else, as long as they are in spec optically they will be fitted. No much you can do, some colours show it up more in certain lights, you can spot this on most mass produced cars.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Well that would explain it then Rob. Many thanks for sharing your knowledge. A visit to the stealers is in order me thinks. As I'm not too happy at paying all that money for my dream car and all the extra on top for the pearlescent paint, just to have it resemble a patchwork quilt. It may become even more noticeable as time passes too. Not good.

A

Anonymous

Rob is spot on there, but i think having pearlescent could be making the problem stand out even more.

The thing with pearl is that it really can make the panels look different shades from different angles, this is why its not really my cup of tea, and i also think that Peugeots Pearl White is one of the " **milkiest pinkiest ** " i've seen, i think it would come in for less flak if it was just called Pearl and not Pearl White. That way owners would not have to keep defending it when someone like myself argues that it is not white, because it clearly is not.

** not sure if milkiest pinkiest is a colour but thats how i would describe it.

Anyway Ron hope you sort it out, and no hard feelings on the milky pinky thing ok m8. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

The man who did my detailing on Pearl2 says the different colours is due to paint on the plastic panels requires the addition of a plasticiser for adhesion purposes hence the colour differences to that on the metal panels.

Ok sounds fair enough. So why use plastic panels?

A

Anonymous

Ron your detailer has a very valid point, painting on plastic is not like painting on metal, you do need different sorts of primers for bonding.

Its probably more evident though on your car due to it being pearlescent.

Next time you are in traffic look at the car in front, if they have plastic bumpers chances are you may see a colour difference to the panels.

Obviously different colours tend to stand out more than others and also for some reason i find different makes of cars look worse than others.

Funny thing is, it seems to be the "foreign" makes of cars that stand out more for this than say Ford or Vauxhall, well i think they do anyway.

I tend to notice it more on reds and greens, well most bright sort of colours really . :eusa-think:

The reason for plastic is, weight versus metal and also cost, it is for cheaper and faster to produce a plastic moulded panel than a steel pressed one, not forgetting corrosion, i've yet seen a plastic bumper rusting :lol:

Should of stuck with Opal m8, no panel difference on my car, and it is REAL white. :dance: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I didn't see any differences on Pearl but she was only the foster RCZ. It ain't a big issue. I love the car and I know that my colour choice was impeccable. Blimey imagine my dilemma, had I had ordered Opal White by mistake!!!