What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Running lights

A

Anonymous

bloodlegna said:
please find a way to post a picture ! haha my decision depends on how light the tinge of blue is !

i have had led 501's leds for sidelights on my fn2 they where bluish white these are white very white WHITE i cant upload any photos at all SITES PROBLEM never had this problem on any other sites even tripadvisor ;) take my word for it these are white

A

Anonymous

Just fitted mine in 10min, easy job. They look the NUTS.

See picture, took it halfway in the job, so got one side as per dealer and one LED.
You can see the offside (drivers) one is WHITE and the nearside is yellow.

Got mine form http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270763567792&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

If that link don`t work its item 270763567792

Sure he has more, and YES 99p (not sure how long they going to last, so I got two lots)

I will try and get some in the dusk as I had to adjust the picture to make them visible in the bright sun.

They also dim when you put the headlamps on (as they should do)
They also look White, not blue as some do, in fact they look like DRL`s :eek:

Paul141
:beer:

Attachments

• IMAG0008b.jpg
    IMAG0008b.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6,686
A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
Just fitted mine in 10min, easy job. They look the NUTS.

See picture, took it halfway in the job, so got one side as per dealer and one LED.
You can see the offside (drivers) one is WHITE and the nearside is yellow.

Got mine form http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270763567792&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

If that link don`t work its item 270763567792

Sure he has more, and YES 99p (not sure how long they going to last, so I got two lots)

I will try and get some in the dusk as I had to adjust the picture to make them visible in the bright sun.

They also dim when you put the headlamps on (as they should do)
They also look White, not blue as some do, in fact they look like DRL`s :eek:

Paul141
thats a bargain you got if they last?????by the way thats the strangest shade of dolphin blue i have seen ;)

A

Anonymous

:beer: LOL, yea I had to alter the picture to make the lights show. I have to get another shot to post, but have parked the car the other way round now. I may do it in the morning. I agree with the cost/lifespan, we shall see. I got four delivered just in case.
By the way folks, they are useless as stop tail bulbs as they do not pass the light up into the little strip at the top of the rear lamps.
May look at the puddle lights as they are 501s and the LED versions of them are OK sometimes.

Now worried that the headlamps will look yellow......................

Paul141

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
:beer: LOL, yea I had to alter the picture to make the lights show. I have to get another shot to post, but have parked the car the other way round now. I may do it in the morning. I agree with the cost/lifespan, we shall see. I got four delivered just in case.
By the way folks, they are useless as stop tail bulbs as they do not pass the light up into the little strip at the top of the rear lamps.
May look at the puddle lights as they are 501s and the LED versions of them are OK sometimes.

Now worried that the headlamps will look yellow......................

Paul141
the headlamps will look yellow no matter how good the leds are mines included as i can verify that,i am in the process of getting (and to the hell of it headlight snobs on this forum) ;) a hid plug and go kit from autobulbsdirect.co.uk.top the range kit,i will let you know how i get on with mate :cool:

ps.the other leds on this thread at £12 on ebay come in red as well for stop/tail lights i am going for them mate then the full backlights will all be led :beer: :cool:

A

Anonymous

OK, but I found the LED in the rear lamps worked, but did not pass the light up into the top part of the unit, not sure why, but did not. (by the way you do not need red LED`s for the rear as its a coloured lens and the bulbs inside are clear) It was just the lack of the top of the unit being lit that made me take my LED bulbs out.
I have used the "Hi-White" headlamp bulbs in the past and they are nearly the right colour value to match LED, may have to have a dig around on the shelf see if I got any spares to try.
I would like to see a picture of how you get on with the HID convert......

Paul141

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
OK, but I found the LED in the rear lamps worked, but did not pass the light up into the top part of the unit, not sure why, but did not. (by the way you do not need red LED`s for the rear as its a coloured lens and the bulbs inside are clear) It was just the lack of the top of the unit being lit that made me take my LED bulbs out.
I have used the "Hi-White" headlamp bulbs in the past and they are nearly the right colour value to match LED, may have to have a dig around on the shelf see if I got any spares to try.

Paul141
hids ordered via autobulbs direct £133 with discount code,and yes i will email you if you want photos of them as this site cannot upload my camera photos :x

A

Anonymous

Great I will look forward to your pictures of the HIDs

I just took another picture, but have to wait until its dusk or the camera auto brightens.
So done my best and waited until it was just getting dull out there and fired her up to take picture and the auto lights came on :lol:

Ah well it gave me a chance to play with the lighting set up.

As you can see, no more yellow DRLs
Paul141

Attachments

• IMAG0009a.jpg
    IMAG0009a.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 6,648
A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
Great I will look forward to your pictures of the HIDs

I just took another picture, but have to wait until its dusk or the camera auto brightens.
So done my best and waited until it was just getting dull out there and fired her up to take picture and the auto lights came on :lol:

Ah well it gave me a chance to play with the lighting set up.

As you can see, no more yellow DRLs
Paul141

they look excellent for a quid :shock: but very :cool: :cool:

A

Anonymous

Even :cool: er now as got hold of the HID type H7s (sort of blue tint) and stuck a pair of them in.
Now got that Hi White/Blue tint headlamps to match the blue car and LEDs, not been out in the dark yet to get the full effect.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Now you just need to keep out of the way of the police so you dobn't get nicked for running illegal HID lights....... :dance:

It's OK, its only £60 and 3 points with a rectification notice for the first offence........ :twisted:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
paul141 said:

Paul141
hids ordered via autobulbs direct £133 with discount code,and yes i will email you if you want photos of them as this site cannot upload my camera photos :x

well i wasnt happy with the hid kit i got it was a lot of money for what i got and i wasnt really 100% with the idea as of yet i didnt even fit them :( so i got a set of phillips diamond vision bulbs instead and fitted them today...............but how difficult it was to fit them even taking the existing bulbs out was a nightmare especially on the nearside :evil: :evil: but i got it done and the transformation is startling they are :cool: :cool: :cool: but they are a very cosmetic bulb which throughs a blue light on to the road and are no use for winter driving past experience :( so till the winter comes they will do for now

A

Anonymous

Jassy,
LOL on my old car you had to take the headlamps off the car to change the bulb and on my Corsa you had to take the front bumper off as well.
I done the same as you have and got the "Hi White" (blue) tint bulbs, but they work fine.

A

Anonymous

front foggys next :cool: autobulbs have a set of 35watt led bulbs which they say give a super white light comparable with hid's but are £40 a pair.

i take it you need to take some body part off to access them fog lights :wtf: :?

A

Anonymous

I think you need to take off the front wheels and a plastic panel.

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
I think you need to take off the front wheels and a plastic panel.

wheels i can do thank god its not the front bumper :wtf: that would be an extremely nervous experience for me.but thanks paul for the advice :)

A

Anonymous

Hope the fog light bulb was an OK job !
Just finished converting my puddle and foot well lamps to LED, they do look cool :cool: in ambiance mode.

Have sent off for some LED H7 headlamp bulbs :eusa-whistle: see how they turn out :eek: :shock:

Keep you posted

Paul141

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
Have sent off for some LED H7 headlamp bulbs :eusa-whistle: see how they turn out
I hope that you receive white lights and not red as I did