What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ-R wanted

Flanners

Reaction score
Yes that's the one and ragged against the 370z Nismo on YouTube

Philip

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new here (and to Peugeot ownership), and husband of "Roz" above.

We went to look at the 41k 2014 black car in Southampton on Friday. Some notes:
  • Sold a while ago, but customer hadn’t paid – has until end of month to pay or will be back on market
  • Bodykit – side and front (very low - would probably cause problems on speedbumps, etc). No obvious damage to it.
  • Hole in wheel arch (behind rear wheel) - not obvious, and you'd need to know it was there (or put car up on a ramp)
  • Some superficial corrosion in engine bay, but otherwise clean
  • Looked very good otherwise – tidy and clean (and very aggressive/mean as it's totally blacked out, including the badges)
  • Battery was flat at time of our visit so it couldn't be started and we couldn't open the boot
We then went to look at the 14k mile 2015 grey car at the main dealers in Godalming.
  • 1 owner (who we met, as they were picking up their new car at the time)
  • 7 stamps in the service book, despite only 14k miles
  • A few minor issues (mixed tyres on rear axle, very superficial grazes on bumpers) which they will sort out
  • Warning triangle missing
Long story short, Roz collects it on Thursday! (And I'll be the one asking all the questions on here.)

2retro

Reaction score
Don't think it ever came with a warning triangle so don't worry if that's missing!

Philip

Reaction score
Don't think it ever came with a warning triangle so don't worry if that's missing!
Thanks. What are the velcro straps on the inside of the boot lid for? (I had assumed - obviously incorrectly - that they were for a warning triangle).

Kerr

Reaction score
Hi

• Sold a while ago, but customer hadn’t paid – has until end of month to pay or will be back on market
  • Bodykit – side and front (very low - would probably cause problems on speedbumps, etc). No obvious damage to it.
  • Hole in wheel arch (behind rear wheel) - not obvious, and you'd need to know it was there (or put car up on a ramp)
  • Looked very good otherwise – tidy and clean (and very aggressive/mean as it's totally blacked out, including the badges)
  • Battery was flat at time of our visit so it couldn't be started and we couldn't open the boot
We then went to look at the 14k mile 2015 grey car at the main dealers in Godalming.
  • A few minor issues (mixed tyres on rear axle, very superficial grazes on bumpers) which they will sort out
Long story short, Roz collects it on Thursday! (And I'll be the one asking all the questions on here.)

The servicing is annual or by mileage. If you're wanting to retain value and warranty it'll need the full service history.

I hope it's a good one. Enjoy.

Philip

Reaction score
The servicing is annual or by mileage. If you're wanting to retain value and warranty it'll need the full service history.
Thanks. Understood, but I've lost count of how many (non-RCZ) low mileage cars I've looked at over the years which claimed to have a "full service history" which is no way resembled the manufacturer's servicing requirements!

Hence it was good to see the 7 stamps.

We tend to keep all our cars (I currently have a GT86, 335i and MX-5, and Roz is trading in her Lexus) in the dealer networks and service them religiously.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
How are you finding the servicing costs at a dealer for the GT86?
I have a 2013, and apart from a recall job its never been to my local main dealer for servicing. I've done the last 2 myself as my mechanic has recently retired.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

Hi and welcome Philip sounds like a cracker you’ve found there, there are so many rough cars out there I’m sure your going to enjoy your new motor 👍

Philip

Reaction score
How are you finding the servicing costs at a dealer for the GT86?
I have a 2013, and apart from a recall job its never been to my local main dealer for servicing. I've done the last 2 myself as my mechanic has recently retired.
Mine's also a 2013, but I still have it under Toyota's extended warranty. Last service was £200, the previous was £350, but that included sparkplugs - which are normally only every 60k miles on the GT86 - and a new clutch (which wasn't really needed but the dealers had a special offer if it was done at the same time as the valve spring recall).

Most of my previous cars have been Porsche or BMW M-Power, and they take servicing costs into a whole new world of pain!

(My GT86 is actually up for sale, but given that I'm brand new on the forum I won't try to provide a link).

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Doesn't seem too bad. I might try my local for the next service. They're literally 5 minutes walk from home. Saves my laying on my back 😄
My plugs are due in around 20k.

Kerr

Reaction score
Plugs are every year on the R. I'm sure it'll be commonly skipped. Mine had Mini plugs in it when I checked. Obviously the dealer scrimped on paying for the right ones.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand why things like plugs get neglected on certain cars. I mean I did the ones on my RCZ, and they take literally 15 minutes. That probably included drinking a tea and yarning to my neighbour. I did the gearbox oil on the same day. Again, not hard.

I'm not sure they'll be that quick to do on my GT86 though unfortunately.. Unless I befriend a Smurf in the not too distant future.

I did the diff oil a couple of days ago, and apart from the faff of jacking the car up (I'm a tit and fitted coil overs), it's a 15/20 minute job. Nothing difficult at all.

Obviously I spilled some oil on the drive.

Kerr

Reaction score
I don't understand why things like plugs get neglected on certain cars. I mean I did the ones on my RCZ, and they take literally 15 minutes.
If you're doing it yourself the R plugs can be picked up for £50 and it's a quick job. Ask a garage to do it as part of a service and the plugs are a silly RRP. The labour charge won't be 15 minutes.

I don't think people realise that the plugs need changed every year on the R.

Car owners and garages cut every corner to save pennies.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
The one thing I noticed when I was pie in the sky dreaming 4/5 years ago was a lot of R's come up when front brakes are due.
As if people go "HOW MUCH?!" and trade them in.

Kerr

Reaction score
The one thing I noticed when I was pie in the sky dreaming 4/5 years ago, was a lot of R's come up when front brakes are due.
As if people go "HOW MUCH?!" and trade them in.

That's exactly what happens. Just about every car that comes up for sale the brakes need done. It's the same with the 308 GTi.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how many smaller garages have had them in and promised the new owners they'll change them for the sale..

Kerr

Reaction score
I wonder how many smaller garages have had them in and promised the new owners they'll change them for the sale..

Small garages that don't know about the car will probably only offer book value for the car. They'll have the margin to fix the brakes at current prices.