What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R prices

Claret63

Reaction score
Yes been watching, not sure about he future prices for the R in the UK.

I am no expert of course and there are many more people on here more qualified than me to predict future prices.

I think also there is a small audience for the R sadly, who can't appreciate the sheer quality of the driving experience.

Our TT diesel could fetch more than a low end R, that is sad in my view, but hey badge snobs eh.(apologies for owning one but they do make a great daily especially in quattro form)

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
The private sale car with around 65,000 miles for £12,600 sold fast.

It is still the usable cars at reasonable prices that are selling. Although the modified one with the new engine is still for sale.

Claret63

Reaction score
The private sale car with around 65,000 miles for £12,600 sold fast.

It is still the usable cars at reasonable prices that are selling. Although the modified one with the new engine is still for sale.
Nice to see, the modified one is a mystery at that price not selling, wonder what the deal is with the wheels, wonder also why so few pictures, for me the more pictures the better.

Kerr

Reaction score
Nice to see, the modified one is a mystery at that price not selling, wonder what the deal is with the wheels, wonder also why so few pictures, for me the more pictures the better.

They are Axe wheels. They are at the cheapest end of the alloy wheel market.

The car was advertised on here by the previous owner. When it ended up on eBay there was a number of bidders. Something is putting everyone off this time.

PUGGI FAN

Reaction score
Yes bought mine from Switzerland, yes agree about the refurbish, was meaning they get to the point where they can't be diamond cut anymore. I think the wheels look fantastic as factory and would never consider a change also the detail with the R emblem to me is pure class.
Hi,
Could you tell me who the the supplier was in Switzerland please?

Kerr

Reaction score
Back to 11 cars on Autotrader. The same cars have been relisted. Adverts have been reshot and prices shuffling down.

Claret63

Reaction score
Back to 11 cars on Autotrader. The same cars have been relisted. Adverts have been reshot and prices shuffling down.

Yes noticed today SAT have knocked a grand of their price, also the one recently sold by fish brothers has re-appeared with a different dealer, didn't last long with the previous owner, I wonder why?

Market is tough at the moment I guess for the R, there are certainly going to be bargains to be had for what I consider to be a great little sports car.

indoldn

Reaction score
Yes noticed today SAT have knocked a grand of their price, also the one recently sold by fish brothers has re-appeared with a different dealer, didn't last long with the previous owner, I wonder why?

Market is tough at the moment I guess for the R, there are certainly going to be bargains to be had for what I consider to be a great little sports car.
Yes, very interesting the grey one back on the market again. I did see an FB post from the previous owner who bought it from Fish Brothers and he seemed to be very happy with it. Very interesting as on the face of it that car seemed to be well looked after when it was first advertised privately and on FB.

Dingers

Reaction score
Alpha Cars seem to be asking the highest prices for RCZs in general. Most Rs are struggling to get top dollar at the moment, methinks the temporary bubble of Covid is long gone ....

Flanners

Reaction score
That'll be rampant inflation, astronomical food, energy prices etc..below level pay rises for many and mortgage rates almost doubling....with 20% less disposable income for many over the next 18momths and a looming recession and possible housing market price crash.

Dingers

Reaction score
That'll be rampant inflation, astronomical food, energy prices etc..below level pay rises for many and mortgage rates almost doubling....with 20% less disposable income for many over the next 18momths and a looming recession and possible housing market price crash.
And on that cheery note, it's goodnight from him ..... :)

indoldn

Reaction score
Close but no cigar! or should I say close but no R!

Participated in my first every Copart auction. Was hoping I would get lucky as one of the members he got crashed damage R for around £3.5k awhile ago. Though not sure whether that included fees etc but even if that was plus fees still seemed like a great price.

From experience point of view. I must say, the virtual viewing was money well spent at just £10. I am sure it's different centre to centre and depending who you get. The person I got from Rochford was brilliant. Asked me what I wanted to check in particular and did it then did further checks then sent videos with sound. Can't fault the guy.

It is interesting, supposedly had suspension and wheel issue due to big pot hole incident and they couldn't get parts so it got written off which I thought was interesting. If it was just that then it managed to get a few more cosmetic damage which could be expected with the nature of salvage auction places.

• Car done around 73k Engine sounded very rattily to me at idle but when it was revved sounded OK. Don't know if potential timing chain issue.
  • Front brakes definitely gone.
  • Rocker cover leaking, to be expected
  • A bit of moisture in the oil cap
  • 3 out of 4 tyres needed replacing
  • Front passenger side suspension parts looked OK and seemed to have been replaced. Interesting to know whether they replaced it with the right parts as supposedly this was the reason for the write off. The alloy looked to have been replaced as it looked good and no kerb rash
  • CV boots potentially need replacing
  • Rear bumper needing full respray due to deep scuff
  • Rear light broken
  • Few little dents here and there

Really wanted it but based my own calculation I had to put a limit to not get carried away and remembering it would still have its Cat N status after all the repairs.

In saying that good luck to the person who bought it. From what I can see and some the info I managed to get from the previous owner it suggested it was well looked after.

Last edited:

Claret63

Reaction score
Close but no cigar! or should I say close but no R!

Participated in my first every Copart auction. Was hoping I would get lucky as one of the members he got crashed damage R for around £3.5k awhile ago. Though not sure whether that included fees etc but even if that was plus fees still seemed like a great price.

From experience point of view. I must say, the virtual viewing was money well spent at just £10. I am sure it's different centre to centre and depending who you get. The person I got from Rochford was brilliant. Asked me what I wanted to check in particular and did it then did further checks then sent videos with sound. Can't fault the guy.

It is interesting, supposedly had suspension and wheel issue due to big pot hole incident and they couldn't get parts so it got written off which I thought was interesting. If it was just that then it managed to get a few more cosmetic damage which could be expected with the nature of salvage auction places.

• Car done around 73k Engine sounded very rattily to me at idle but when it was revved sounded OK. Don't know if potential timing chain issue.
  • Front brakes definitely gone.
  • Rocker cover leaking, to be expected
  • A bit of moisture in the oil cap
  • 3 out of 4 tyres needed replacing
  • Front passenger side suspension parts looked OK and seemed to have been replaced. Interesting to know whether they replaced it with the right parts as supposedly this was the reason for the write off. The alloy looked to have been replaced as it looked good and no kerb rash
  • CV boots potentially need replacing
  • Rear bumper needing full respray due to deep scuff
  • Rear light broken
  • Few little dents here and there

Really wanted it but based my own calculation I had to put a limit to not get carried away and remembering it would still have its Cat N status after all the repairs.

In saying that good luck to the person who bought it. From what I can see and some the info I managed to get from the previous owner it suggested it was well looked after.

Interesting, shame you couldn’t make it work for yourself, they do sound rattily on idle though, I am told it’s a symptom with direct injection cars, test drove a TT a while back sounded exactly the same, like a bag of spanner’s on idle lol.

Owning an R can be expensive though if you want it right, had mine 10 months now and I have spent a lot of money (thousands)to get it as perfect as possible, this includes full brake replacement all round, plus a lot of cosmetic stuff underneath with under trays missing or damaged, seems to be common with RCZs.

I did miscalculate with the wheels though not easy to refurbish to factory, had to buy 2 spares as a back up, this will be my next job after my dealer service in August and final renewal of my extended warranty ( as I understand 10 years after registration is the max)

There are obviously better qualified people on here than me to advise when buying an R, but if I had to do it again, I would buy the lowest mileage one possible and carry out an exhaustive inspection, especially underneath, I bought mine on the owners narrative backed up by full dealer history and extended warranty , which had been present since new, this still didn’t prevent a major spend.

indoldn

Reaction score
Interesting, shame you couldn’t make it work for yourself, they do sound rattily on idle though, I am told it’s a symptom with direct injection cars, test drove a TT a while back sounded exactly the same, like a bag of spanner’s on idle lol.

Owning an R can be expensive though if you want it right, had mine 10 months now and I have spent a lot of money (thousands)to get it as perfect as possible, this includes full brake replacement all round, plus a lot of cosmetic stuff underneath with under trays missing or damaged, seems to be common with RCZs.

I did miscalculate with the wheels though not easy to refurbish to factory, had to buy 2 spares as a back up, this will be my next job after my dealer service in August and final renewal of my extended warranty ( as I understand 10 years after registration is the max)

There are obviously better qualified people on here than me to advise when buying an R, but if I had to do it again, I would buy the lowest mileage one possible and carry out an exhaustive inspection, especially underneath, I bought mine on the owners narrative backed up by full dealer history and extended warranty , which had been present since new, this still didn’t prevent a major spend.
Interesting about the idle sound. It sounded exactly like that. Good to know for next time. I know it's different but my THP200 doesn't sound like that at all.

Completely agree re R can be expensive and that's why I restrained myself at the auction by remembering you can spend loads and it'd still be a Cat N. My plan was to get it and use it loads, care for it mechanically but not too precious about cosmetic things too much or attend to those things later.

During the inspection it's crazy how rusty the underneath the car was, just ashamed really. Guess, that's the challenge when it's used during winter with salt on the road.

In the end I did some rough calculation and believe would be better to buy non Cat N with lower mileage then do the work on it to make it mechanically sound as possible.

If I got this one my plan was to replace all the brakes, potentially refresh the suspension as not sure what they did to fix some of the issues, refurb all the wheels, change transmission oil, replace all tyres with premium ones, give it major service and potentially deal with the cosmetic things later. I'd most of this myself but it would still be thousands.

I really want it but not desperate enough to want it I guess is how I feel about the R.

Claret63

Reaction score
Interesting about the idle sound. It sounded exactly like that. Good to know for next time. I know it's different but my THP200 doesn't sound like that at all.

Completely agree re R can be expensive and that's why I restrained myself at the auction by remembering you can spend loads and it'd still be a Cat N. My plan was to get it and use it loads, care for it mechanically but not too precious about cosmetic things too much or attend to those things later.

During the inspection it's crazy how rusty the underneath the car was, just ashamed really. Guess, that's the challenge when it's used during winter with salt on the road.

In the end I did some rough calculation and believe would be better to buy non Cat N with lower mileage then do the work on it to make it mechanically sound as possible.

If I got this one my plan was to replace all the brakes, potentially refresh the suspension as not sure what they did to fix some of the issues, refurb all the wheels, change transmission oil, replace all tyres with premium ones, give it major service and potentially deal with the cosmetic things later. I'd most of this myself but it would still be thousands.

I really want it but not desperate enough to want it I guess is how I feel about the R.

I have to say if you have a THP 200 already, then is it worth up grading to the R, I assume you have driven one?
Also I don’t think the R is a good cruiser due to the gearing, revs are high in 6th for obvious reasons, I find it hard sometimes because it can cause a boom on the exhaust at certain speeds, best when your driving quickly.

With reference to the idle, it’s only what I have been told by my dealer, I do think they are noisy or clicky on idle, never listened to a 200, I assume they are direct injection also.

Kerr

Reaction score
The same cars are popping up time and time again.

The red one at £16,750. I recognise that registration, but can't remember why. The car hasn't been taxed since November last year and the MOT had expired for a few months. Is that the car that was badly repaired when it was for sale last time?

The car at £14,058. That looks like the car that was up for sale privately at £17,000 recently.

Claret63

Reaction score
The same cars are popping up time and time again.

The red one at £16,750. I recognise that registration, but can't remember why. The car hasn't been taxed since November last year and the MOT had expired for a few months. Is that the car that was badly repaired when it was for sale last time?

The car at £14,058. That looks like the car that was up for sale privately at £17,000 recently.

you must have a keener eye than me Kerr, but as said there are plenty on here that know more than me.

I always look at the detail with the Rs for sale, and very rarely does a good one come up, think Flanners described them as the dogs that are cheap.

I personally think mine is worth more than I paid for it a year ago, but any potential buyer if I was selling would be aware that this is a buyers market at the moment, therefore they would price a lot lower than people are asking.

If I wanted to sell mine now, full dealer history, every single receipt, manufactures extended warranty,2 owners, 2015 car ( think that makes a difference in my opinion with the R) I wonder how cheaplyI I would have to let it go to sell……..(remember theR has a very small audience) the simple fact is there are not selling for strong money, the 2 morocon ones from alpha cars have been moved to eBay along with the black one that has been for sale for over a year.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
The black one at £16,499 has popped back up at the same dealer. I think they must be pulling them down and then back up to make them look like they've just been listed. Autotrader has the dates on the advert. Also when an advert is relisted it still shows further down the most recent list.

It's been up for sale through a few garages for a long time. The road tax on that expired September 2022.