What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R prices

Claret63

Reaction score
Sold my old R bought from Copart to Our Car last September. The one on autotrader looks very much like it although the vehicle is no longer showing categorised on autotrader! It was a category N. The warning ⚠️ indicating airbag / pretensioner fault still shows on one of the pics, the Brembo logo on the front brake calipers and still has a crack on windscreen.
Reg was YX14TXT

unbelievable shouldn’t dealers be held accountable for this sort of practice?

Flanners

Reaction score
I thought it was a legal obligation to declare Cat N for the Trade....fact they state HPI check in their advert is even more galling. Shysters

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Warped discs or sticky pistons would be my guess.

A lot of the Rs that come up for sale need the brakes fixed. I think that is the reason for many owners selling.

It does seem strange that more low mileage cars have come to the market in recent months. It could be they are trying to cash in, but it doesn't help when there is more supply that usual.

Car prices are high just now, but some are dropping. I would expect long term the best Rs will go up.
Brakes fluctuating come mot time usually means the discs are goosed In my experienc, Add to the fact the pistons in the calipers could be partially seized it starts getting expensive

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Also on ebay and the cat n is showing as an advisory on the hpi but no mention in the advert. This car has sold twice at salvage auction. I was the second buyer March 2022.
I’m tempted to ring the trader and ask for the registration number, to get a quote for my insurance obviously!!
after all it could be a different car

Charlie1875

Reaction score
just going to ring the trader and the advert has disappeared, another way round it I’ve been told is to export it to N. Ireland, then import it again and the cat N disappears, apparently that used to be the case, that’s why a decent HPi check will search to see if it’s been exported to NI.

BexBart

Reaction score
Removed from auto trader and the dealer's own website. Still on ebay. Partner spoke to James @ Ourcar today and confirmed the registration.
Be careful when buying cars!

Flanners

Reaction score
Also on ebay and the cat n is showing as an advisory on the hpi but no mention in the advert. This car has sold twice at salvage auction. I was the second buyer March 2022.
Just out of interest why did you out it again? I remember it on here when it was at Auction......

BexBart

Reaction score
Just out of interest why did you out it again? I remember it on here when it was at Auction......

I wouldn't want anyone to spend over 13 grand on a cat n vehicle especially if the buyer is unaware of its status.

Claret63

Reaction score
I wouldn't want anyone to spend over 13 grand on a cat n vehicle especially if the buyer is unaware of its status.
That would be very sad indeed, but there are a lot of scammers out there, I have had first hand experience of this over the last couple of days, sometimes it’s not possible to get the information you want, especially when dealing with some dealers.

When buying my R last year the owner wasn’t straight with me, I only purchased due to the extended warranty a FSH with Peugeot.

I have spent a lot of money since buying the car to put things right the owner knew about and hid from me, plus I still have claims in process with Peugeot.

Probably not fair to say this, but can anyone risk buying an R privately Given the massive potential bills, even with low miles there is no guarantee all will be well even with an inspection.

I plan to keep my warranty going but only have the option till 2025, after that who knows, this could affect future prices and saleability.

Kerr

Reaction score
Sold my old R bought from Copart to Our Car last September. The one on autotrader looks very much like it although the vehicle is no longer showing categorised on autotrader! It was a category N. The warning ⚠️ indicating airbag / pretensioner fault still shows on one of the pics, the Brembo logo on the front brake calipers and still has a crack on windscreen.
Reg was YX14TXT

It looks poorly repaired in the photographs. The colour differences are really bad. The front splitter is body coloured.

The dealer selling it knows. One of the photos they've taken from the side the rear spoiler isn't fitted.

There is little sign of the C hooks on the discs. They are needing replaced.

Claret63

Reaction score
It looks poorly repaired in the photographs. The colour differences are really bad. The front splitter is body coloured.

The dealer selling it knows. One of the photos they've taken from the side the rear spoiler isn't fitted.

There is little sign of the C hooks on the discs. They are needing replaced.
Surely no one would be stupid enough to buy that!

Kerr

Reaction score
Surely no one would be stupid enough to buy that!

A lot of people can't really see things or aren't concerned with damage repairs.

Written off cars used to be significantly cheaper. The gap is far too close now.

Claret63

Reaction score
A lot of people can't really see things or aren't concerned with damage repairs.

Written off cars used to be significantly cheaper. The gap is far too close now.
Yes true in a way, but surely someone shopping for an R knows cars, so wouldn’t touch with a barge pole.

Kerr

Reaction score
Yes true in a way, but surely someone shopping for an R knows cars, so wouldn’t touch with a barge pole.

I really don't think most people care about condition to a high level. That includes enthusiast cars. People still buy write offs knowing they have been damaged repaired.

The MOT history of a lot of the Rs leave a lot to be desired, but it's the same for all cars. A driver shouldn't need an MOT to tell them their brakes aren't working or their tyres are bald.

I also assume that a lot of people are happy buying an R at the entry level pricing. Another R has gone today. I can't work out which one it is, but all the higher priced ones are still there. They are happy with owning an R without paying a big premium for the lowest mileage cars.

Kerr

Reaction score
People have predicted the end of higher priced cars and house prices for as far back as I can remember. Yet house and car prices continue to increase. The demand for high end premium cars isn't going to end.

Whilst I agree car prices need correction, car prices are still strong. There is a few car buyers that post and stream their auctions and cars are still selling above CAP valuations at auction.

Flanners

Reaction score
Im after another bike and see absolutely no evidence of the slowdown or lower prices..if anything the bikes I am interested in are actually appreciating....trade and private. I also think good examples of the R will hold and then increase in value over the coming years....

Claret63

Reaction score
Im after another bike and see absolutely no evidence of the slowdown or lower prices..if anything the bikes I am interested in are actually appreciating....trade and private. I also think good examples of the R will hold and then increase in value over the coming years....

Good luck with your search for a bike, hope you find what your looking for, also agree with your prediction with the R.

There of course some people who completely disagree.

Kerr

Reaction score
Another new one has popped up today. I see the same dealer now has three cars.

They do have their numbers wrong how many are left in the UK.