What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R prices

Claret63

Reaction score
The R seats look horrible after only 77k km.
And what the heck happened to the R plate inside? Did the owner hammer it down?
Other than that it looks decent. But in my opinion this car was not owned by a true enthusiast.
Well spotted! Jesus that R badge is unbelievable! need a keen eye for that, yes agree with the seats I spotted that this morning when viewing close up, I think you need to be sympathetic when climbing in and out of the R, I have always been careful with all my cars that way, something that always causes an argument with my wife, which is why I don’t let her travel in the R much lol.

Kerr

Reaction score
I was going to say it might be the chrome coating peeling off, but there is also a big dent or burn on the trim around the gearstick.

The engine bay looks really clean. All the nuts and bolts look corrosion free.

Claret63

Reaction score

It’s so hard to imagine how it could get like that, weird, it could be replaced quite easily though.

Watching current prices here though Rs seem to be hanging around a long time before they sell, also there seems to be a gradual dip in value happening.

I wonder long term how this will pan out or stabilise, I think as we migrate more towards electric cars ( I have drove a few electric cars and they are impressive) value for ICE cars will be affected.

hellomotto

Reaction score
OK and R version just appeared on carsales. Let's see how long it takes to sell!
I didnt want to say anything until it was all done and dusted,

But i bought it!

When you posted the ad up, i already had a deposit on it😘

Happy to answer any questions, including of the "mangled" plate

Very happy with purchase, its not perfect but the few blemishes are cosmetic which i should be able to fix up and make it virtually perfect

Previous owner has maintained it fastidiously

Claret63

Reaction score
I didnt want to say anything until it was all done and dusted,

But i bought it!

When you posted the ad up, i already had a deposit on it😘

Happy to answer any questions, including of the "mangled" plate

Very happy with purchase, its not perfect but the few blemishes are cosmetic which i should be able to fix up and make it virtually perfect

Previous owner has maintained it fastidiously
Brilliant news, it does look generally a very good car, what happened with the plate?

Enjoy the car they really are special.

hellomotto

Reaction score
Brilliant news, it does look generally a very good car, what happened with the plate?

Enjoy the car they really are special.

The plate itself is quite flat, all the "mangled" bits appears to be the outer layer like thick aluminium foil which has lifted off and sort of bubbled

I think a new plate would be the only solution

Yes very happy with the car, very powerful considered I ve only driven the non R model previously

I also posted a new thread about fixing the leather too :)

apple3337

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. The seller was on here. I messaged him about it. New front discs! New tyres! He had a lot of interest. Might see you at one of the French car days that are organised occasionally.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score

2retro

Reaction score
This might help you out

£134!!! It was £40 when I bought mine and I thought that was expensive for what it is back then! 😁

Flanners

Reaction score
the price of the door kick plates are eyewatering too

Claret63

Reaction score
the price of the door kick plates are eyewatering too

I think a lot of these parts price wise is due to Brexit, had my renewal last week for my extended warranty. the increase was a bit of a shock, but to me essential moving forward.
I can carry on with this for the next 2 years so hopefully by then all the weak points will have been done under warranty.

MD is slightly more expensive than last year, so going ahead with service but not MOT with them, had that done this week clean pass.

Flanners

Reaction score
what was the renewal price? I think I can get another year to take the Warranty up to just under it's 11th birthday....was in two minds

Claret63

Reaction score
what was the renewal price? I think I can get another year to take the Warranty up to just under its 11th birthday....was in two minds

£450, up almost £100, I haven’t had the HPFP on mine yet, or the timing chain, so hoping it will need in the next 2 years, can’t think of anything else that may need doing.

The recent replacement of the callipers made the previous warranty worth it, but it’s a gamble moving forward with the potential for the above failing, especially with the predicted tiny miles I will do.

hellomotto

Reaction score

hellomotto

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. The seller was on here. I messaged him about it. New front discs! New tyres! He had a lot of interest. Might see you at one of the French car days that are organised occasionally.
Definitely keen on meeting other owners

Previous owner did spend a lot of $$$ on it

Flanners

Reaction score
£450, up almost £100, I haven’t had the HPFP on mine yet, or the timing chain, so hoping it will need in the next 2 years, can’t think of anything else that may need doing.

The recent replacement of the callipers made the previous warranty worth it, but it’s a gamble moving forward with the potential for the above failing, especially with the predicted tiny miles I will do.
Yes mine was £349 last year I think....the other issue is front springs snapping, happened on a few and on mine,,,,I have had new front springs, turbo heatshield, HPFP, new clutch and flywheel and have paid for 2yrs myself car had 2yrs with it from previous owner which I transferred. With circa 30K I am thinking the timing chain won't need doing, sure they uprated it for the facelift cars etc.

NS Rear caliper is binding when hot (probably from lack of use, and leaving handbrake on in the garage (not anymore) so need to get that sorted. Think fronts were replaced when car was a few months old, had no issues with the pistons (have new discs in the garage for as and when but plenty of meat left on the one's on the car),

For piece of mind or incase I sell I think I will renew the Warranty as it is a good selling incentive.....seen the prices for decent low mileage cars are steady at circa £15K.....if you can find a buyer, that will be next Spring if I do as I want some room for motorcycles.

Kerr

Reaction score
had no issues with the pistons (have new discs in the garage for as and when but plenty of meat left on the one's on the car),

They are fine on the first set of pads, but they will be corroding and the chrome coating breaking up. Push the pistons back in for the next set of pads and you'll have issues.

They need rebuilt with stainless pistons.

Flanners

Reaction score
been looking at the pistons and reading on here about them. Guess from the posts I will have to get a set/or try for a warranty job/and get a set.

Claret63

Reaction score
Yes mine was £349 last year I think....the other issue is front springs snapping, happened on a few and on mine,,,,I have had new front springs, turbo heatshield, HPFP, new clutch and flywheel and have paid for 2yrs myself car had 2yrs with it from previous owner which I transferred. With circa 30K I am thinking the timing chain won't need doing, sure they uprated it for the facelift cars etc.

NS Rear caliper is binding when hot (probably from lack of use, and leaving handbrake on in the garage (not anymore) so need to get that sorted. Think fronts were replaced when car was a few months old, had no issues with the pistons (have new discs in the garage for as and when but plenty of meat left on the one's on the car),

For piece of mind or incase I sell I think I will renew the Warranty as it is a good selling incentive.....seen the prices for decent low mileage cars are steady at circa £15K.....if you can find a buyer, that will be next Spring if I do as I want some room for motorcycles.

Am thinking of selling mine when serviced, circumstances may force me to move on sadly.
Would think rear piston is an easy fix, if siezed replacement will be cheap.