What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R front discs and calipers

Kerr

Reaction score
My new discs arrived yesterday. Very disappointed with the condition they arrived. They were battered and bruised with chips out of the disc.

They've been collected and waiting on new ones now.

Daniels

Reaction score
Bit late to the party but cheapest place I found was peugeotpartsdirect.co.uk for the disc’s, brought the SS pistons and seals from Godspeed and local powdercoater done the callipers

Attachments

• 3616E8E1-7DD6-4FDE-8461-BFFBE334240D.jpeg
    3616E8E1-7DD6-4FDE-8461-BFFBE334240D.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DE763320-3E76-4AB6-BA69-D4E0A552E209.jpeg
    DE763320-3E76-4AB6-BA69-D4E0A552E209.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 4F4D5909-6B6F-45A7-85EA-E81FB3DDECD0.jpeg
    4F4D5909-6B6F-45A7-85EA-E81FB3DDECD0.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 36

Dingers

Reaction score
With reference to the previous mention of discs warping - they absolutely can ! One of the biggest culprits is braking from motorway speeds down to a standstill at a junction & then sitting on the brakes. This puts a huge amount of heat through a specific area of the disc & pad. You can then feel the damage as a 'pulsating' feel through the pedal when you next brake. It doesn't go away either & the brakes feel horrible, with reduced power due to glazing of the pads.

Marmite

Reaction score
With reference to the previous mention of discs warping - they absolutely can ! One of the biggest culprits is braking from motorway speeds down to a standstill at a junction & then sitting on the brakes. This puts a huge amount of heat through a specific area of the disc & pad. You can then feel the damage as a 'pulsating' feel through the pedal when you next brake. It doesn't go away either & the brakes feel horrible, with reduced power due to glazing of the pads.
I get that with with R , if I drive it like Iv nicked it I thought it might have been a sticky piston an like you say you can feel it through the pedal but mine goes away after a mile or two but my brake pads make a hell a noise ( drumming sound ) since I put brembo’s in a couple of moths ago ?

Dingers

Reaction score
Have you tried checking the wheel for heat to feel if the caliper is sticking at all ? You'll get background hear from the engine, but if the wheel is hot you have an issue ....

Marmite

Reaction score
Think I might of found another supplier for discs an bells today I was looking at 308 gti brake discs an found out the offset is different 27 as opposed 32 on gti so I contacted god speed

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
That's brake chatter & can result from discs/ pads worn unevenly on one or both sides its caused by uneven pressure through the calipers pistons sticking or seals weeping

Marmite

Reaction score
View attachment 12240
Couldnt wait any longer so ordered them from Fishy Bros ;)
I got some about a month ago hope to be doing them next weekend along with stainless pistons an new seals from Godspeed , Iv gone for mintex pads as Iv used them a lot over the years Once done I’m sending my old discs to god speed so they can produce the bells 🔔 😉 for R owners in the future 91892C05-F548-483B-AB86-BEC0922DA720.jpeg

Last edited:

turboguy

Reaction score
used them a lot over the years Once done I’m sending my old discs to god speed so they can produce the bells 🔔 😉 for R owners in the future
Nice hopefully Godspeed will make them at a rasonable price ;)

Marmite

Reaction score
By the time u get the discs an bells I think there only 100 ish cheaper than originals but after that you can just replace the discs only at around 400 so it will just open up another option , the sun was out today so I gave it a oil an filter change it was absolutely black after 4000 miles an 8months
Ps my discs are originals on 64,500 so that’s 7 years 6months an yes they are knackered now .

Last edited:

Greek-R

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, sorry to ressurect the thread, but im doing all searches on the forum about squealing R breaks and i still havent located a singular answer. A LOT of posts are focusing on warranty recall on the first batches of the brakes, people are changing pads & disks & calipers, others are just changing the pads, (Ferodo DS2500 is something thrown around frequently)

i have replaced my pads to the original alcon ones and for the past 10K km they are squeeling like crazy when i get stuck in traffic/drive around the city. ive told my mechanic and he has actually grinded the edges but still the issue persists after thousands of miles.
i definitely dont mind spending 300 euros on new brake pads if that will solve the issue. having said that, ive read so many posts on this forum and im still not clear if the issue is on the pads, or the brake disks, or the calipers. and i would like to avoid changing the entire set it only ONE of the 3 parts of the equation are busted.

so, do we have a final consensus on RCZ-R squealing front brakes at low speeds? change the pads with non-alcon ones? change the calipers to non-alcon ones? change the brake disks?

lfe

Reaction score
Yes, I have seen mechanics recommend putting copper grease on the back of the pads.

There are also highly carbonized discs that are said to reduce noise.

Greek-R

Reaction score
Grease the back of the pads ??

Yes, I have seen mechanics recommend putting copper grease on the back of the pads.

There are also highly carbonized discs that are said to reduce noise.

thanks guys for the feedback. if theres anyone that has actually faced this issue on his Alcon 380s , id appreciate your applied solution.

Kerr

Reaction score
I would be checking to see the pistons are moving freely and not stuck.

Flanners

Reaction score
see if you can source a set of (titanium) shims; on my Fiat Coupe 'Brembo' caliper's they helped stop the squeal