What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ QUAD OPTIONS

A

Anonymous

Something about them dosnt look quite right, I agree a bit heavy.

A

Anonymous

You won't get any arguments from me on that score. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

You can check on Remus's site. But I like Ruffer's sound more.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
sensen said:
You can check on Remus's site. But I like Ruffer's sound more.

:thumbup:

Stayed tuned as I am about to become a distributor for Ruffer here in the U.K. :dance:

A

Anonymous

the remus sound on their side seems like stock that's why am asking for real life experience before i take the plunge :D

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
RCZisnice said:
the remus sound on their side seems like stock that's why am asking for real life experience before i take the plunge :D

Investment in a new exhaust is a big plunge, so yes do your research and listen to feedback. I have not had any time to post an outside drive-by of my car with the Ruffer, but I can tell you that it has a deeper growl even at idle, and really sounds great from inside the car (way better than stock). And it is inside the car you will listen too it 99.9% of the time ;) When I put my foot into it just a little, yes people do hear it and look :)

A

Anonymous

mm how come no one is considering the bastuck quad exhaust ?

A

Anonymous

Woo hoo for Zombie! will we be getting extra special prices ?

A

Anonymous

According to their website the Bastuck is still undergoing development and is "coming soon"

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
bloodlegna said:
mm how come no one is considering the bastuck quad exhaust ?

I believe people are looking at Bastuck and others, and the choice usually comes down to 3 reasons for changing the exhaust on a vehicle like ours (not necessarily in this order):

- Looks
- Sound
- Performance

Ruffer provided all 3 and overall was the best choice for me. Good exhaust systems do not come cheap.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
H12RPO said:
Woo hoo for Zombie! will we be getting extra special prices ?

I am doing the best I can to make sure that prices are good, and once I have exactly what I am looking for I will announce it on the forum. I have been working on this with them for a few months now, and we are getting close.

A

Anonymous

Bastuck have them available now............this from them in response to an e mail enquiry

We can supply the system for the RCZ in the UK straight away.

The price for the Bastuck quad system is £899 inc. vat. and this includes all the pipework, brackets and clamps needed to mount the exhaust.

The rear valance to suit this exhaust is also available from Bastuck, this is priced £339 inc. vat.

If you require fitting please let me know, otherwise we can send this out to you for local installation no problem.

Regards

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I am considering buying the Ruffer exhaust but noticed that someone mentioned one of the 'cons' was that they weren't stainless steel. Does anyone know how long they typically last for? This will be the first time I modify a car....

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
paulphoenix said:
Hi,
I am considering buying the Ruffer exhaust but noticed that someone mentioned one of the 'cons' was that they weren't stainless steel. Does anyone know how long they typically last for? This will be the first time I modify a car....

The Ruffer exhaust consists of top quality stainless steel. I would recommend checking the exhaust on a regular basis, on a lift if possible. Keep in mind that rust will form at welds unless you replace your entire exhaust system with stainless steel and the welds are also stainless steel. When inspecting the exhaust, treat corrosion as needed as in with a wire brush/steel wool for rust removal, then paint with a high temperature paint. Even stainless steel will show signs of rust if not looked after.

A

Anonymous

Thank you. I'll check back on your updates for supplying the exhaust! :thumbup:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
paulphoenix said:
Thank you. I'll check back on your updates for supplying the exhaust! :thumbup:

Your welcome. I am getting closer to being a Ruffer distributor, just working out all of the fine details now. My goal is provide the best price possible for a Ruffer Exhaust to RCZ owners here in the UK, and I am excited to do this! So if you and anyone else can hold out for a little longer, that would be great (my new business will not commence trading on 6 April 2012). But if not, you still will not be disappointed with a Ruffer exhaust... :beer: