What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ QUAD OPTIONS

A

Anonymous

This is basically a new thread to discuss the various options that are available to us regarding getting the twin exit look on our cars. I’m hoping to be able to collate all the exhaust types and offer those thinking of modding an easy referenceto the cost and what they will get for their money.

On top of that it will give me a chance to see how my little project needs to be priced in order to provide the best solution on the market.

Fakes
First up we have the cheapest make shift option known collectively as “fakes”. Simply put this option is just a set of trim that gives you the look of quads but with no pipework or exhaust gasses to be seen. Cost is roughly sub £150 if you shop around.
Pros:
Cheap
Good looking at distance
Cons:
Everyone will knows its fake on inspection
Gasses out of real exhauast only

A

Anonymous

Feline kit
Second up is Peugeot's official solution. The feline kit. This kit consists of a bridging assembly that uses the original back box and bridges over to the other side. Its a nice kit being available from your local dealer. It had a few teething problems but now its looking like the standard go to option for people that want the look. The cost is about £500-£550

Pros
Official
looks good
gasses from both ends
Cons
Lot of money for what it is
same old exhasut tone
finishing dependant on dealer

A

Anonymous

Ruffer Performance
All the way from Germany we have what seems to be the go to for performance. Ruffer has stepped upto the plate and created a good sounding exhaust with options to replace pretty much the whole system. The cost for the back box delivered is about £800+

Pros
Choice of tailpipe trims
Sports sound
True twin exit
Free flowing.
Cons:
High cost
Not Stainless steel so limited lifespan.

A

Anonymous

Irmscher Quads

Irmscher - another german tuning house - have gotten in on the act also with their take on the quads. I tad more complicated system but it is a true quad solution so worthy of a mention. No prices as of yet but ill keep looking

Pros:
True quad solution
Cons:
Not a lot of info
Mild steel

A

Anonymous

@dejanslo I was just considering the remus quad 2 weeks back ! When does the winter end for you and please upload a video clip of the exhaust in action after installation :)

A

Anonymous

Remus told me this morning that deliveries could be had before Christmas as they aim to have it finished off by end of november

A

Anonymous

Full system? I hate when there isn't full detail ocf the product...

A

Anonymous

the irmscher quads are 713€ ;)
that is for the round one's.
you also have the oval one's and they are 670€

A

Anonymous

yes they are now availible from us i have PMd tony with the latest prices :)

A

Anonymous

The good thing about the Peugeot quads are that they are not performance enhancing so do not affect your insurance.If you fit an aftermarket one you should tell your insurance company that you have a different exhaust system or your insurance will be invalid.

A

Anonymous

Just got an email update from bastuck that the quad exhaust for the rcz has finished development. Hmm how do i upload the pdf to the forum ?

A

Anonymous

the remus looks beautifully made, how's the performance increase if there's any :)

A

Anonymous

yes, please do update on the feel of the Remus after driving it for a while...
Trying to decide between Remus or Bastuck when it is for sale (any news on that one too?)

A

Anonymous

@obicat, regarding bastuck they have gotten TUV approval for the RCZ200. For the RCZ156 they are checking to see if the stock exhaust for the 156 and 200 are the same with the same tube diameters up to the catalyst. Can anyone shed some light ?