What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Photography thread (non RCZ) - post your photos here

A

Anonymous

If only I was with my car :-(

Beach shot

Wall shot

Macro shot

A

Anonymous

So...I took a trip out to a place called Slains Castle yesterday and grabbed a few shots. It's the castle widely attribute to having inspired Bram Stoker's 'Dracula' when he stayed in the village of Cruden Bay (where it is located). It has never been placed in trust and it sits crumbling on the exposed cliff edge which only adds to the atmosphere of the place. Anyway, I took the opportunity to grab some shots while being battered by the ferocious winds.

They're not my favourite ever shots but I was reasonably pleased.

A

Anonymous

Love the black and white oozes atmosphere and possibly the same sense of dread Stoker probably had well done.

A

Anonymous

Thank you both for your kind comments! :D Gadget, where was your shot taken? I am a BIG fan of street art and graffiti and am struck by the boldness of colour in your shot! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Thank you both for your kind comments! :D Gadget, where was your shot taken? I am a BIG fan of street art and graffiti and am struck by the boldness of colour in your shot! :thumbup:

Thanks the photo was taken in Scarborough it's located on a steep winding cobbled road leading to the town centre. Here's a few more pics.

A

Anonymous

I go to Scarborough quite often and have managed to avoid see this :thumbdown: I make up for it though by seeing a Flipper Blue parked on Columbus Ravine every time :thumbup: The owner doesn't seem to drive it as it is always there.

A

Anonymous

So gadgetpuk, is it a mural representing the nuances of Scarborough? It's certainly eye catching!

A

Anonymous

It depicts the path where the mural is located, which you can see at the bottom of the first picture in my last post(the cobbles and the people walking past) but overall i think it is mostly random. Beatlemania is depicted as well as a sofa advertisement every time i look at it i see something different.

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
It depicts the path where the mural is located, which you can see at the bottom of the first picture in my last post(the cobbles and the people walking past) but overall i think it is mostly random. Beatlemania is depicted as well as a sofa advertisement every time i look at it i see something different.

That certainly is an eclectic mixture of subject matter. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

How much time have you spent courtesy of Her Majesty's Service? You seem to have developed an unhealthy liking for walls :lol:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
How much time have you spent courtesy of Her Majesty's Service? You seem to have developed an unhealthy liking for walls :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

That's a superb!! i was going to ask where the shot was taken....It certainly looks a lot warmer than Costa Del (Aber)deen!! :lol: However, I noticed it was Dubai. I bet it barely got a second glance by those that call it home!

Incidentally, I did see one of these on two separate occasions in Aberdeen (an orange one) at Tesco car park and was going to take a picture until I realised that the owner was standing beside it...unable to get his door open to get into his expensive pride and joy courtesy of the guy who'd parked beside him.... :lol: Evidently it's not a car to get your messages in... :lol:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:

Lol none I use walls to improve my photo skills .....if I can make walls look interesting t feel a sense of progress / achievement ......not all my wall shots are successful

But this is mine and my other halfs favourite.

A

Anonymous

Love those architectural shots, very atmospheric indeed. I too like the last one :)

D

A

Anonymous

Damnfoolman said:
Love those architectural shots, very atmospheric indeed. I too like the last one :)

D

Where are some of your captures? You are a very talented photographer and I always enjoy seeing your shots!!