What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 New Firmware R42.01

A

Anonymous

Hey

Seen on GPS Underground that Peugeot/Citroen have released a new Firmware for the NG4.

Here is a translation of the release notes, I will post a download link when I find one.

Reboots and untimely cuts NG4 navigation system, which can lead to opening / closing of the multifunction display (EMF)
Navigation system NG4 fixed: multifunction display (EMF) blocked; Keyboard keys not functional
Undervaluation of speed radars for vehicles with unit speed in miles
Details TMC inaccessible
Number of European emergency call (112) is not supported in phone mode bluetooth
Unable to start a phone call from the directory
Realignment of the date and time
Radar speed display erroneous radio for vehicles with unit speed in miles
Restarts and cuts untimely navigation system NG4 3D navigation mode
Opening / closing untimely multifunction display (EMF) at startup

Smiler

Reaction score
I've ordered the disc from my dealers
Should be with me soon
The number you need to quote for them to order it is 96 792 216 80
This number was given to me by pm
On the nav forum you mention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Hey,

Thanks for that! You know I heard a thread mention the update earlier this week and I called 3 local dealerships and none of them had a clue! They wanted to sell me maps! I said no it's firmware/software and they were clueless!

I shall call up the parts department tomorrow and get it ordered.

Keiran

A

Anonymous

Saw this on some new 2013 model rcz pics on the auto express website I don't recognise or know how to get this display on my ng4 is this perhaps the new update.

A

Anonymous

I will most certainly be quoting the number supplied to my dealer and requesting the update disc. Last update took about 30 minutes to complete. The main thing that changed that I noticed was that the speed camera readings were correct or at least they are when "pop up" display is in map mode. Still shows wrong if you have the media display on this screen whilst sat nav is running.

A

Anonymous

Mines never displayed speed cameras how you do it I'm usually quite good with these sort of things but the ng4 isn't that user friendly.

A

Anonymous

I am the last person to ask about anything technical. However I can tell you how I achieved it. A third disc came with my mapping update purchased from Navtech. This third disc download/uploaded the "Rick Areas" ie speed cameras. This is a European thing with the exception of France. As it would be illegal there.
I no longer have the latest mapping update but can certainly let you have the disc from my 2011/2012 pack

Smiler

Reaction score

Smiler

Reaction score
gadgetpuk said:
Saw this on some new 2013 model rcz pics on the auto express website I don't recognise or know how to get this display on my ng4 is this perhaps the new update.

The 2013 has a different system now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

My new software update disc is currently in the safe hands of the Royal Mail courtesy of my excellent main dealer :beer:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
My new software update disc is currently in the safe hands of the Royal Mail courtesy of my excellent main dealer :beer:
Well done that man, you certainly like to keep Pearl2 bang up to date :smile:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
OO58RON said:

Any sign of your update discs Richard?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Chuzzbutt said:
OO58RON said:

Any sign of your update discs Richard?

Got a PM the other day Ron, Ciara has uploaded and is putting it in the post this week. I'll send it back to you promptly Ron so can you PM your address please and many many thanks for arranging this. It was a pleasant surprise :smile:

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
Got a PM the other day Ron, Ciara has uploaded and is putting it in the post this week. I'll send it back to you promptly Ron so can you PM your address please and many many thanks for arranging this. It was a pleasant surprise :smile
Great news. It's a gift. Pass it on if requested, but no use to me anymore :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Chuzzbutt said:
Got a PM the other day Ron, Ciara has uploaded and is putting it in the post this week. I'll send it back to you promptly Ron so can you PM your address please and many many thanks for arranging this. It was a pleasant surprise :smile
Great news. It's a gift. Pass it on if requested, but no use to me anymore :thumbup:
Well thank you very much kind sir, beer in it for you when we next meet ;)

A

Anonymous

Hi Chuzzbutt & OO58RON,

What changes has the firmware made, anything significant? My dealer says he knows nothing about it he has spoken to the Parts Dept and they also know nothing. I am going to give him the Part Number tomorrow but as I have ordered new car wondering if giving him hassle is worth it?

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Hi Chuzzbutt & OO58RON,

What changes has the firmware made, anything significant? My dealer says he knows nothing about it he has spoken to the Parts Dept and they also know nothing. I am going to give him the Part Number tomorrow but as I have ordered new car wondering if giving him hassle is worth it?

Grantp as it stands at this moment I haven't updated anything on Amber since I've had her so I'm sorry but I'm no help on this right now. I'm currently waiting to receive the latest Maps CD which has kindly been passed on. Ron has updated both the maps and software I think so Ron, over to you buddy :wink:

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Hi Chuzzbutt & OO58RON,

Not sure as mine only arrived in the post today and I have not used it yet.
CD 9679221680 FOR NAVI DRIVE 3D / WIP COM 3D
Software CD - SW N42b (42.01)
is what is printed on the CD case.