What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Focus ST - Is it time to swap the RCZ

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Was that a Freudian slip there jassy? are you really in drag?

You make your comparisons based on your experiences and for you that is your Honda for others it will be different. We all agree though that the RCZ is a beautiful looking car :thumbup: A work colleague won just over £226,000 on the lottery and bought himself a ST. It belonged to one of the big bosses at Fords and has been factory "chipped" to something over 350 BHP it is white with black grilles and stuff. You know what? I wouldn't thank him for it as a gift.

He's now talking about getting a R8, now that I would accept :thumbup: Are you still getting the Merc in September jassy? or is this new ST causing you to reconsider?

Hi Ron due to personal circumstances the merc is postponed or any car that is .my priority is to get my own place again and for misspel that's just down to this phone so apologise for l would thankyou for a chippedup RS focus the old focus is horrid inside and chavy on the outside l just like the new one mate its ideal for me although its got 4 doors the new focus has one them synthesized exhaust amplifiers in at as well but its louder than the rcz' not a fan really of the r8 as its very ungainly lookin from a few angles l would rather have year old Gallardo.

A

Anonymous

well my son won a prize for top car salesman for july he is only 20 :eusa-think: gift of the gab banter boy etc,etc dont know who he takes that after ;) but he won a weekend in edinburgh 2 tickets for the tattoo,5 star hotel all expenses paid plus £200 in his hippy .................plus the best prize was the new focus st 2 for the weekend he normally drives a white fiesta zetec s tdci which is good enough for a young chap but i am proud of him but also worried with him having this car for the weekend :crazy: but i had another shot of the beast and its the best car i have driven so far and i love the interior and the colour of this one in performance blue its a stunning colour very much like Audi RS blue the car feels like a real car very well planted it was pouring of rain the day i drove it but it just clung to the road on goodyear FI Tyres the seats are amazing and in corners they electronically squeeze ya even more the dash is class with two amazing HD phone like displays and you know what the ride was amazingly smooth grip was so confidently amazing truely in awe of this car given the correct spec its my next car :cool:

Attachments

• 1345900788621.jpg
    1345900788621.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,774
  • 1345900826290.jpg
    1345900826290.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,774
  • 1345900867798.jpg
    1345900867798.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,774
  • 1345901018396.jpg
    1345901018396.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,774
  • 1345900788621.jpg
    1345900788621.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,774
A

Anonymous

I would be having kittens if anyone parked that close to me!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hubby test drove this car last week , said it was very good on the race track ,
looks great inside ,
but with the cost of petrol going up again cannot see us having one for some time ,

A

Anonymous

yes these mysterious petrol price fluctuations :? my son has a fuel card so its alright for him but the new st focus is far more frugal than the old car and my last car which never went over 31mpg and i mean never :x and could go down to 16 mpg :eek: the new st can be as frugal as a rcz 200gt i just love it :auto-car: its a experience just sitting in the car it gives ya goose bumps kinda special which the rcz aint inside its old fashioned before the car was put on the road peugeot where too busy concentrating on the bubble roof :lol:

A

Anonymous

I love everything about it except the stalks and the steering wheel which is too busy for me. An absolute corker of a colour and those seats look awesome. Still think it would have looked better in 3 doors (most cars do) but, other than that, a stunning car which I believe rewards the driver with a superb driving experience. Great value for money too!! So...when you getting one then Jassy?! ;)

A

Anonymous

I saw one on the road on thursday in Orange looked better than it did in the photos but still not impressed mainly by the rear end which granted they can't fix that rear end with the ST.

would only have one if their was a 3 door option because I rarely have passengers let alone 2 passengers, so why would I want to pay more and sacrifice looks for extra doors I do not need.

I think out of the ones available I would go for the chavtastic Vauxhall Astra GTC VXR

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I love everything about it except the stalks and the steering wheel which is too busy for me. An absolute corker of a colour and those seats look awesome. Still think it would have looked better in 3 doors (most cars do) but, other than that, a stunning car which I believe rewards the driver with a superb driving experience. Great value for money too!! So...when you getting one then Jassy?! ;)

Hey Rizzo just waiting on going for a medical for a job in rosyth shipyards i have been excepted for this job that applied for but i am going to stay tight lipped as in the past these jobs fall at the last hurdle :? dont get me wrong i saw the new renault rs megane yesterday in white.............stunning it was but i know before looking inside this model the interior will inferior in every respect even plainer than the rcz's :sleeping-yellow: so that will be a big no i am a hot hatch man still and miss the notion of your "gettin it" to the audi/beemer in front me :lol: I would only except the st 3 not anything else as its the only model with led drls/xenons as for the gold colour tomy i aint seen one in the metal its only available on the st-3 at the moment and its a bit too garish looking for me.

I agree with ya in 3 door form all cars look better thats what the new capri will do it will steal a lot of punters fron the rcz BIG TIME hence no 3 door focus :cry:
Aaaah the chavtastic VXR GTC never will i entertain a vauxhall astra its overpriced and over here :lol: the 180 bhp sri is a better all rounder with the vxr styling pack on it.

A

Anonymous

yeah but you cannot resist the oversized arches on the VXR and the crazy power levels in the Vauxhall lol

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
mrizzle said:

Hey Rizzo just waiting on going for a medical for a job in rosyth shipyards i have been excepted for this job that applied for but i am going to stay tight lipped as in the past these jobs fall at the last hurdle :? dont get me wrong i saw the new renault rs megane yesterday in white.............stunning it was but i know before looking inside this model the interior will inferior in every respect even plainer than the rcz's :sleeping-yellow: so that will be a big no i am a hot hatch man still and miss the notion of your "gettin it" to the audi/beemer in front me :lol: I would only except the st 3 not anything else as its the only model with led drls/xenons as for the gold colour tomy i aint seen one in the metal its only available on the st-3 at the moment and its a bit too garish looking for me.

I agree with ya in 3 door form all cars look better thats what the new capri will do it will steal a lot of punters fron the rcz BIG TIME hence no 3 door focus :cry:
Aaaah the chavtastic VXR GTC never will i entertain a vauxhall astra its overpriced and over here :lol: the 180 bhp sri is a better all rounder with the vxr styling pack on it.

That's ace news about the job prospect!! :thumbup: What is that to do? Have tou suitably recovered from the crash to be fully for the medical? Fingers crossed that it works out and that you finally get your trip to the land of the Pharaohs!!

I am salivating to the prospect of the the new Capri. I read exciting things of a sub 6 second 0-60 sprint...ace!! From what I understand it's going to look like a wider, more squat and aggressively styled 3 door ST. Sounds like a winning formula to me!! :)

A

Anonymous

tomy90 said:
yeah but you cannot resist the oversized arches on the VXR and the crazy power levels in the Vauxhall lol

just for the pub bragging rights though whats the price for a all singing all dancing chavxrastic astra :lol:£28,000 :shock: :shock:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
tomy90 said:

just for the pub bragging rights though whats the price for a all singing all dancing chavxrastic astra :lol:£28,000 :shock: :shock:

only issue is though you will have to wear tracksuits all the time and fake burberry hats (should have come standard with the car.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:
mrizzle said:

That's ace news about the job prospect!! :thumbup: What is that to do? Have tou suitably recovered from the crash to be fully for the medical? Fingers crossed that it works out and that you finally get your trip to the land of the Pharaohs!!

I am salivating to the prospect of the the new Capri. I read exciting things of a sub 6 second 0-60 sprint...ace!! From what I understand it's going to look like a wider, more squat and aggressively styled 3 door ST. Sounds like a winning formula to me!! :)

thanks Rizz i hope so as well due a wee bit of luck mate i am now a electrical engineer having got back my HND diploma but the jobs just for a approved electrician with industrial experience but its all hours a week 60 plus that matters and would tide me over BIG TIME till after xmas. aye the new capri i hope it aint amercanised like the ford/mazda probe but its going to be a REAL TT COMPETITOR why cant pug do this is it lack of resources/dosh....????? especially borrowing the mini/citroen engine as i feel that this and the interior are the achilles heal for our rcz :cry:

Here's one for ya i just let avril drive up to the takeaways in my car..................................... :shock: my god :lol: :lol: i must be losing ma marbles heart was in my hands and my neck got jolted just once a my neck is only a pain in the neck :lol: when i go to bed or sit at a pc screen :eusa-think: but still swallowing co-codamol :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

tomy90 said:
jassyo06 said:
tomy90 said:

only issue is though you will have to wear tracksuits all the time and fake burberry hats (should have come standard with the car.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
A little off topic but my sister came round today showing off her new Mercedes SLK 250 AMG Auto in Black. Looks good I have to say. Sat in it (didn't drive it) and it felt quite claustrophobic and narrow, after being used to the wideness of the RCZ, it was very noticeable. Quite dark inside, without the roof down obviously. Nice touches of red piping on the black leather seats and red seat belts.
Nice AMG touches all around the car :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
A little off topic but my sister came round today showing off her new Mercedes SLK 250 AMG Auto in Black. Looks good I have to say. Sat in it (didn't drive it) and it felt quite claustrophobic and narrow, after being used to the wideness of the RCZ, it was very noticeable. Quite dark inside, without the roof down obviously. Nice touches of red piping on the black leather seats and red seat belts.

So i am glad one of the females in your family has taste :lol: :lol: stop reminding about the slk :lol: and yes inside is tiny inside but there are some really class touch's to the interior the seats steering wheel are top notch as are the alloys bet ya you would love to detail it being "coz its black man" :lol: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
RCZ1 said:

So i am glad one of the females in your family has taste :lol: :lol: stop reminding about the slk :lol: and yes inside is tiny inside but there are some really class touch's to the interior the seats steering wheel are top notch as are the alloys bet ya you would love to detail it being "coz its black man" :lol: :lol:

Ya cheeky bugger ;)

Yes I will be detailing it soon along with the BMW 1 series convertible that she is going to be selling ;)

A

Anonymous

I just saw 10 2012 Ford Focus ST's at a petrol station in loughborough being filled up (they looked like they were getting them ready for hand over). Every colour was pretty much their except for red (don't know why but didn't see a red one) and no estate versions

but I will say my favourite colour for them is blue and the orange. (black does not look bad at all hides the big mouth on them

A

Anonymous

Pity you can't get them colours on a rcz.........very funky but do they do a red ST there's a black one in the new Sweeney movie product placement or what.....LOL

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Pity you can't get them colours on a rcz.........very funky but do they do a red ST there's a black one in the new Sweeney movie product placement or what.....LOL

yeah true would not say no to more colour choices on the RCZ but doubt bright orange would work on the RCZ. On the sweeney movie I think it will be awful and sweeney product placement in top gear did not help with my opinion on the matter