What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Focus ST - Is it time to swap the RCZ

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Had an e-mail from Ford advising that the new Focus ST is out.

Had a look at the Promo Video.....Nice :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgs..._i=74V,WREZ,44IDGX,2PQP1,1#!&campaignkw=video

Think what it would be like with a Bloke behind the wheel :auto-car:

Anyone had a Test Drive / Heard Good - Bad Things.

:beer:

Heard and read AMAZING things about them. In the road test in auto express it got 5 stars, trumped the golf gti and Megane coupe cup edition and was crowned the new hot hatch. I'd buy it if I was in the market.

A

Anonymous

Not my cup of tea, at all. Wouldn't want one given to me as a present :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Hmmm had an ST for a wee wile, think 8 months I had it, bought from new and lost a fortune on it, was never away from shell filling it up so had to get rid !

A

Anonymous

Don't do cars with 4 doors :D unless i could afford an M5 :p

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
Hmmm had an ST for a wee wile, think 8 months I had it, bought from new and lost a fortune on it, was never away from shell filling it up so had to get rid !

Auto express said that, on their test, it produced 28.5mpg.

Here was the summary:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344379563.826437.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344379563.826437.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 2,002
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344379593.322883.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344379593.322883.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 2,002
A

Anonymous

I was getting(if lucky) about 19 to the gallon, wasn't that hard on the right foot either:)

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
I was getting(if lucky) about 19 to the gallon, wasn't that hard on the right foot either:)

That's pretty shocking actually!! I'd have punted it too if that was the case!

A

Anonymous

Shortest time I've ever owned a car and the biggest loss on getting rid, had to call my financial advisor just to keep it going on fuel, spent more time in the forecourt than it did on my drive, I know the new one has a a new body and some other tweaks but still the same lump under the bonnet, Volvo engine from the V70.
I agree Donna, not as ugly as the RS thou with all it's extra bits of plastic ;)

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
I agree Donna, not as ugly as the RS thou with all it's extra bits of plastic ;)

The Turbo Transit is something else! :thumbup: shame they're like backsides - everyone seems to have one!

A

Anonymous

Well any old st owner's think again or put up or shut up its nothing like that Dagenham biscuit box of old with the gas guzzling vulva engine l have had a test drive in a new st3 in what l can only say is stunning in performance trimetallic blue this car is faster lighter than the old st focus and more understated which ain't a bad thing its far better inside than ANY Rcz it makes the rcz interior seem cheap and archaic in design and co.construction it Will leave any rcz on this forum for dead even giving it a head start....don't knock it till youve tried it ps its interior even beats audi's for quality its that good.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Well any old st owner's think again or put up or shut up its nothing like that Dagenham biscuit box of old with the gas guzzling vulva engine l have had a test drive in a new st3 in what l can only say is stunning in performance trimetallic blue this car is faster lighter than the old st focus and more understated which ain't a bad thing its far better inside than ANY Rcz it makes the rcz interior seem cheap and archaic in design and co.construction it Will leave any rcz on this forum for dead even giving it a head start....don't knock it till youve tried it ps its interior even beats audi's for quality its that good.

Gee whizz man, take a breath and use some punctuation!!!
Who even began to expect the RCZ to even come close to the ST in the first place? It's only got a bl$$dy 1.6 engine. :roll: :roll: :roll:

A

Anonymous

My ST was an 07 plate bought from new and I assure you the engine in the new ST is the same 2.5 turbo from the Volvo V70. Course it's going to run strips off the RCZ, it's only a 1.6 !!! As for the dash ect, it's exactly the same as my other half's very very boring C-MAX and I believe the same as every other ford out right now but hey, everyone to there own. If you like it thats what matters :)

A

Anonymous

Oh and there's a garage near Aberdeen has one for sale in orange, 20miles on the clock for £26.800 so go get yer bank manager ;)