What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New Focus ST - Is it time to swap the RCZ

A

Anonymous

Well for one, the RCZ is a coupe and the Focus is a hatchback. They are completely different styles of cars so I wouldn't be trying to make any "direct" comparisons. The only comparisons that can really be drawn relate to performance, fuel consumption, cost, emissions etc. The nearest comparison that can be drawn with it relate to the Golf GTI and the like. The Focus toasts the opposition hands down according to all that I have read and heard.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I would seriously consider the Renaultsport Megane 265. I like the subtle sporty looks of this car. It's not in your face and by all accounts a great car to drive. Is the What Car favourite hot hatch for the last few years. I like the look of the interior of the Focus ST but I'm really not keen on the exterior.
Although the fuel economy is better on the new ST.

A

Anonymous

I do think that's a very nice looking car but the cup edition has "hidden options" so you pay a princely sum for the uprated brakes, seats etc. It came last in the auto express test for the ST, Golf GTI and Megane cup edition. They awarded it only three stars.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I read that mrizzle - If I remember rightly the Golf and Renault both got 4 stars.

Sorry, you're quite right it did indeed. I think the Megane is the best looking of the trio. It's sporty looking without being brash and in your face. It certainly stands out more than the Golf. I think it's a little let down by the interior. It's a nice car though.

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:
I read that mrizzle - If I remember rightly the Golf and Renault both got 4 stars.

Sorry, you're quite right it did indeed. I think the Megane is the best looking of the trio. It's sporty looking without being brash and in your face. It certainly stands out more than the Golf. I think it's a little let down by the interior. It's a nice car though.

No probs :)

Yeah agree the interior of the Megane could be a little more adventurous but it's not too bad.

I've never really been a fan a Golf's, in any guise. I just find them so conservative and bland looking - but I suppose that's German engineering for you ;). My OH has had a series of Golf GTI's over the years and he loves's them but they don't do anything for me.

A

Anonymous

But Renaults smell!!! They must use cheap glue in the interiors or something.........

A

Anonymous

Well there French its all the onions they eat :lol: :lol: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:
But Renaults smell!!! They must use cheap glue in the interiors or something.........

I didn't notice that when I was sat in one earlier today ;).

Actually the interiors are better in the flesh than they look in pictures.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
donnaj1dlh said:

...and why were you sat in one today RCZ1...?! Should we read anything into this?

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:
donnaj1dlh said:

...and why were you sat in one today RCZ1...?! Should we read anything into this?

Just looking - nothing to read into at the moment :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

mmmmm Honda CRZ the other day, now the Migraine ..... I feel a change in my waters for RCZ1........

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
RCZ1 said:

mmmmm Honda CRZ the other day, now the Migraine ..... I feel a change in my waters for RCZ1........

Exactly what I was thinking. Itchy feet...

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
donnaj1dlh said:
RCZ1 said:

Do you think the fact that her RCZ is the oldest car on their driveway has anything to do with anything ? :wtf:

RCZ1

Reaction score
No seriously, I am just looking. Just seeing really, what is out there should the time come.

The RCZ is a gorgeous looking car and the trouble is, there's not a lot to match it, in the looks department.
If they do some changes to the RCZ, then I would DEFINITELY get another. That includes different colours too.

Yes Ron, you are right, the OH having a new car, has set me off looking ;)

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:
donnaj1dlh said:
RCZ1 said:

Do you think the fact that her RCZ is the oldest car on their driveway has anything to do with anything ? :wtf:

Hahaha...it's so often the way this begins isn't it?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Also had a look at the Astra GTC at the Vauxhall dealership which is next door to the Renault dealership, but nothing to hold my attention.

A

Anonymous

The thing is as l have just said to my brother staying at his for the moment l love how the rcz lookt but its crap to drive the st focus is still nice on the eyes and better specced but its a whole lot better to drive and miss that my Honda was a real driver's car that's how what l compare the rcz to and really there is no c a comparison as the rcz is really a 308 I'm drag

A

Anonymous

Was that a Freudian slip there jassy? are you really in drag?

You make your comparisons based on your experiences and for you that is your Honda for others it will be different. We all agree though that the RCZ is a beautiful looking car :thumbup: A work colleague won just over £226,000 on the lottery and bought himself a ST. It belonged to one of the big bosses at Fords and has been factory "chipped" to something over 350 BHP it is white with black grilles and stuff. You know what? I wouldn't thank him for it as a gift.

He's now talking about getting a R8, now that I would accept :thumbup: Are you still getting the Merc in September jassy? or is this new ST causing you to reconsider?