What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

A

Anonymous

Smiler said:
Are you sure about Twin turbo :eusa-think: Maybe turbo/supercharger combo ?
Or are you getting mixed up with twin scroll turbo
Thanks for the info anyways :thumbup:

Hi!

No, I´m not messing up. I just wrote what I was told by that Magna guy. By the way also the BMW 1M coupe runs a twin turbo, and it´s the most lovely engine I ever tried. So keep looking forward to a beautiful machine! :thumbup:

And there was no info about available colours so far, but the guy told me there might be others than matte black. I saw No. 50000 rolling out and it was that new red. Just beautiful!

Smiler

Reaction score
luifriedl said:
Smiler said:

Hi!

No, I´m not messing up. I just wrote what I was told by that Magna guy. By the way also the BMW 1M coupe runs a twin turbo, and it´s the most lovely engine I ever tried. So keep looking forward to a beautiful machine! :thumbup:

And there was no info about available colours so far, but the guy told me there might be others than matte black. I saw No. 50000 rolling out and it was that new red. Just beautiful!
Thanks for the reply :thumbup: I know other manufacturers do twin turbo on bigger engine sizes the bmw is 3ltr? not a 1.6
But lets wait and see ;)

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Does sound a bit overkill to do twin-turbo... A twin-scroll turbo might be more suitable, and more possible.

A

Anonymous

Re: New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

Well the VAG group have a 1.4 twin charged engine. Using a super charger and turbo charger so who knows what is possible :grin: Lets see what they can do and then spank the backside off of it when it arrives ;)

lionhart

Reaction score
The rcz r has made its appearance on Peugeot service box but only common parts are listed look for engine details its empty.

A

Anonymous

I THINK .............You are all being very Romantic about this RCZ-R which is all fine and dandy, but c'mon in the real world :crazy: WHAT'S the premium going to be over the 200gt £26,000 :eusa-think: £8-9 grand EASILY For a over excited 1.6 turbo mini engine/ds3 so £35,000 roughly speaking.... :eusa-think: :eusa-think: Now in that price bracket comes "A different mind set" Likey A porsche Boxster £37,000 265 bhp same as the RCZ-R bhp but that is end of the comparison= Boxster so much lighter 0-60 5.8 SEC............no need to say nowt else in that comparison

Its Madness to even contemplate buying this car :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: IF it Appears that is :thumbdown: no wonder the French car industry is almost Bankrupt firing the rcz way out its league with this RCZ-R, better still it would move quicker firing it oot a cannon :lol: :lol:

Reboot.... Why not give us 180 BHP AND 220 BHP for the rcz respectively speaking and leave the RCZ-R fairy tale where it belongs

lionhart

Reaction score
hopefully it will be around £30,000 then i would consider a new one,any more then i might spend the cash on my own to bring it around the same hp but properly with a warranty. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

lionhart said:
hopefully it will be around £30,000 then i would consider a new one,any more then i might spend the cash on my own to bring it around the same hp but properly with a warranty. :eusa-think:

Rczperformance has done similar but without the Kudos so to speak and thats what your buying into THE KUDOS

A

Anonymous

luifriedl said:
Smiler said:

Hi!

That straight 6 with 2 turbos is a peach no turbo lag and sounds amazing when u give some welly fuel consumption ain't great thou

A

Anonymous

I heard its going to be between 36-38k and I don't like the Matt black and copper now!

I was going to wait but decided to make my own version with a Diesel engine! It's not worth the extra cash!

A

Anonymous

Well the Renault F1 cars of the early 90's managed to squeeze 1500 BHP out of a 1,500cc engine, so I suppose 260BHP is not beyond the realms of possiblty.

donnaj1dlh said:
tonyrcz said:
Its new 1.6-litre THP 260bhp engine will make it the most powerful production model in Peugeot's history. A specific power of more than 160bhp/litre, among the highest in the world for a production vehicle, and CO2 emissions of approximately 155g/km, positions it in a range of new high efficiency.
quote]

It'll be interesting to see how they manage to squeeze 260bhp out of the 1.6!

A

Anonymous

Perkybillet said:
I heard its going to be between 36-38k and I don't like the Matt black and copper now!

I was going to wait but decided to make my own version with a Diesel engine! It's not worth the extra cash!

As much as that for a bit of bling and a little more bhp !, never worth it

A

Anonymous

Perkybillet said:

Now your talking sense :thumbup: and your car is better looking than the concept RCZ-R :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Rodders said:
Well the Renault F1 cars of the early 90's managed to squeeze 1500 BHP out of a 1,500cc engine, so I suppose 260BHP is not beyond the realms of possiblty.

donnaj1dlh said:
tonyrcz said:
Its new 1.6-litre THP 260bhp engine will make it the most powerful production model in Peugeot's history. A specific power of more than 160bhp/litre, among the highest in the world for a production vehicle, and CO2 emissions of approximately 155g/km, positions it in a range of new high efficiency.
quote]

It'll be interesting to see how they manage to squeeze 260bhp out of the 1.6!

256 BHP/260 PS is very obtainable :thumbup: ford got 125bhp from a 1.0 litre engine.BHP is not the debate its the Viabilty of the RCZ-R that's the point/Price

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
I am at 252 BHP and still got to do Intercooler etc. ;)

The only limiting factor after that is the turbo, it is a little one :(

A

Anonymous

Nice only just got RCZ but at least somewhere to go with next car if this is where Peugeot are going with RCZs

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Rodders said:

True remember the Renault 5 turbo only a 1.4 but what power from an upgraded turbo you could achieve

A

Anonymous

I'll be seeing it soon too :grin: