What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

A

Anonymous

Hay Snowy

You can have a look at mine when it comes in, but don't get your finger prints all over it mate ! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Doing ok thanks, just got home from a trip away, trying to time it so I will be home for the 1st of March.
How's yourself ?, everytime I come home I see more and more RCZs around Southampton, think they must be copying us.

Will have enough soon to have are own get together :thumbup:

I haven't heard from Hamble Motors so not sure when it is due in, I did say I didn't want it put in the showroom, and they did say they would call for it a week or so before March, so see what happens.

Still on the look out for you around town :p

A

Anonymous

just under 2,000 miles in 10 months,
I'm sure Hamble Motors want have it for long they moved the black I had in a couple of weeks, the funny thing was a taxi driver I know picked the people up one night who bought it, how spooky is that :shock:

A

Anonymous

Re: New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

bigmac3161 said:
BMW changing there number's about the current 1 series coupe when it gets changed to match the new 1 series will then be called the 2 series and the new 3 series coupe will be called the 4series. now if u want a new M3 it'll be a saloon if u want a M3 coupe it'll no longer be an M3 it'll be a M4 instead now I'm starting to get lost here :eusa-think:

This is getting horribly confusing and that's Auto Express giving me duff information then! I do like the new shape of the 4 series/new 3 series or whatever the hell it actually is!!

A

Anonymous

I did think about the R but not keen on the flat black paint work, one scratch and thats it, at least with white it doesn't show and I do like a high gloss finish.

But the fact the guys don't know a release date for the R says it all about how Peugeot have marketed the RCZ, I think I've only seen one advert for it on TV and nothing more.

If you get one Ken I'll have a look and if I like it might trade my one in for one :thumbup:

I will say I didn't go much on the new wheels and glad I've gone for the same I have now

Tomas_90

Reaction score
What will have been upgraded in the engine of the R to get those 56 extra bhp? Just a bigger turbo and an ECU remap? Or would it be more extensive stuff?

RCZ1

Reaction score

It's still early days for the R. Only shown at the motor show last September so in its early infancy. I'm sure more details will be more forthcoming as the year goes on.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
It's still early days for the R. Only shown at the motor show last September so in its early infancy. I'm sure more details will be more forthcoming as the year goes on.
By the way, they are already running the 256 bhp engine in the DS4R i've just remembered. Don't know if that's still a concept tho or if they actually made it yet.

A

Anonymous

Hi folks!

I have been talking to some Magna guys who are actually developing the RCZ-R.
There will be a twin turbo installed, then a torsen differential gear. Last but not least it will be stiffer than the THP 200 is, so it should offer improved roadholding!
Release date should be december this year

Cheers
Lui

A

Anonymous

luifriedl said:
Hi folks!

There will be a twin turbo installed, then a torsen differential gear. Last but not least it will be stiffer than the THP 200 is, so it should offer improved roadholding!

Cheers
Lui
Wow! Thank you for that inside information. This is what I will be wanting to replace Amber when she's ready......but that's a way off yet :lol:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
luifriedl said:
Hi folks!

Cheers
Lui

We patiently await this, but with all dates they move ;)

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
luifriedl said:
Hi folks!

Cheers
Lui
Wow! Thank you for that inside information. This is what I will be wanting to replace Amber when she's ready......but that's a way off yet :lol:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
I would like to see it in other colour ways too.

Smiler

Reaction score
Are you sure about Twin turbo :eusa-think: Maybe turbo/supercharger combo ?
Or are you getting mixed up with twin scroll turbo
Thanks for the info anyways :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
December..........................................thats handy its my birthday. better start butterin up the missus for when she asks me what I would like for me prezzy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd suggest leaving the computer open at pages relating to the car, doodling RCZ R in the bottom of all shopping lists and whispering it to her in her slumbers. That'll cover her visual, verbal, audio and subconscious absorption of the clues...then...come December....BOOM...what...an RCZ R...what a surprise. How did you know...?! :eek: Well...it's a good idea in principal.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
I am so saving up for one of those R's

I want the power but I just couldn't live with the colours that it has been shown in so far.

A

Anonymous

I've only seen the matt black with bronze... not a fan either. If they were only going to come in matt black i would have the pillars done in gloss black!

Tomas_90

Reaction score
MaX83 said:
I've only seen the matt black with bronze... not a fan either. If they were only going to come in matt black i would have the pillars done in gloss black!
I actually think that color combo is one of the few that looks very good on the facelifted model :p

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
mrizzle said:
Snowy87 said:
December..........................................thats handy its my birthday. better start butterin up the missus for when she asks me what I would like for me prezzy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd suggest leaving the computer open at pages relating to the car, doodling RCZ R in the bottom of all shopping lists and whispering it to her in her slumbers. That'll cover her visual, verbal, audio and subconscious absorption of the clues...then...come December....BOOM...what...an RCZ R...what a surprise. How did you know...?! :eek: Well...it's a good idea in principal.

Rizz, thats brilliant. :thumbup: :dance:

Only I have just remembered an important issue...............................Joint account :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aaaaaaaahhhh....

:lol: :lol: :lol: