What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

A

Anonymous

Jaguar and Land Rover have the DRLs built into the headlight cluster as well. Looks much better imo.

I can't help feeling that the ones on the new RCZ were more of an afterthought due to EU DRL legislation (I believe any new model after the start of 2011 has to include them)

RCZ1

Reaction score
JWT said:
Jaguar and Land Rover have the DRLs built into the headlight cluster as well. Looks much better imo.

I can't help feeling that the ones on the new RCZ were more of an afterthought due to EU DRL legislation (I believe any new model after the start of 2011 has to include them)

It's brand new models only ie not a facelifted model but a totally new model introduced :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I think we need some quality photos of the new 2013 rcz and not some brochure/motorshow/very poor res photos as these are biased at both ends of like/dislike scale

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
I think we need some quality photos of the new 2013 rcz and not some brochure/motorshow/very poor res photos as these are biased at both ends of like/dislike scale

I agree Jassy.....Now if all forum members would like to donate $1000 dollars to me upgrading in the new year when they come over here, I will be glad to post some good shots for you all. My sacrifice, but glad to help... :dance:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
The front end does look a bit out of place on the new model now that i look at it again. It looks a bit "naked" with that new logo in the middle. The stripe around the lion is missing.

A

Anonymous

Re: New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

RCZ1, I think I may have the pics you have been waiting for. The new RCZ in a "proper red". It's a lovely shad to my mind. Btw, you're going to have to change the alloys though as they're horrible. These pics are all from the Official RCZ Facebook page so have a gander over there if you want to see more. I just thought I'd fire them up for those of you who don't have Facebook accounts.

Lastly, RCZperformance, you've already seen this colour it would appear as I can spy your very unique RCZ through the window of the last shot!!

A

Anonymous

I like what I see :thumbup: However I will not be tempted into buying one. Funds do not allow for one thing and I like what I have.

RCZ1

Reaction score

Mr Rizz, you are a star - 100 kudos to you :)

I can't see any pics on Facebook, do you have a link?

From the photos you have posted, it does look better than I thought it would. I thought it was going to be a darker red, which I'm not keen on. This though, has made my day.

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid I don't have a link as I'm viewing Facebook on my phone just now but I was keen to share them with you. I'll try to provide one later on. I REALLY like the shade of red that Peugeot have gone for. I think it really sets the car off and would be a strong contender for me (if I was in the enviable position of buying the face lifted version). So...RCZ1...do you think this'll be your next RCZ? It'll look an absolute dream once you've been over it with your detailing knowledge and Gtechniq products!!

A

Anonymous

Those alloys look like there from halfords there horrible :thumbdown: still not proper bright red :thumbdown: looks like my next car will be ....... :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Those alloys look like there from halfords there horrible :thumbdown: still not proper bright red :thumbdown: looks like my next car will be ....... :eusa-think:

Couldn't agree more Bigmac. Sorry Peugeot but you've made an absolute mess of them. They really do look like something you could pick up cheap off eBay. :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score

Mr Rizz, it may well be my next RCZ. The more I look at these pictures the more I'm liking it AND I do like the alloys :)

Not sure that I would use Gtechniq products on it, possibly a base coat, but red cars just call out for some lovely carnauba wax. They give red such a lovely gloss and give it warmth, whereas sealants give more glassy, reflective look. I love a real deep, glossy, wet look on red....... Oh god, I'm beginning to drool at the prospect :)

Don't you think it strange though, that our dealers have not been in touch with us or other RCZ owners, to say that they will be getting the facelifted model in the showroom on xxx date and come and have a look / test drive? Or is if just mine ?

A

Anonymous

Once again I now down before your superior detailing knowledge.

Yes, I do find it very peculiar that we have heard nothing from our dealers (it's not just yours) and no invitation to some type of launch event! :(

A

Anonymous

Ur not alone I've heard nought either, about new model even thou its only a facelift not even any bumf in post, BMW are still trying to temp me back every month with special offers so maybe next year when I've seen 1 in the metal this'll be the RCZ replacement

The new 4 series coupe wot used to be the 3 series coupe confused?

A

Anonymous

Mac, my understanding is that it's not a replacement for the 3 series but rather a BMWs direct competitor for Audi's A5. Looks great though!

A

Anonymous

Its a stand alone model the 4 series as they have stopped making the 3 series coupes hence all the latest 3 series coupes are loaded with extras as with 3 series M sports plus editions its loaded with a awfull lot extras just to move body shells :thumbup:

As for that red colour its just the same as Amber red and that awfull colour does nothing to complement them rather lovely polished finished alloys :thumbdown: which i think will look orgasmic in the metal. On youtube theres a pearl gt with them on it and it looks rather cool along side the Xenon motif xenon lights and black arches, this red car has them cheap looking standard aluminium headlamp housings SHAME ON YOU PUG FOR NOT MAKING XENONS STANDARD..................AGAIN :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

BMW changing there number's about the current 1 series coupe when it gets changed to match the new 1 series will then be called the 2 series and the new 3 series coupe will be called the 4series. now if u want a new M3 it'll be a saloon if u want a M3 coupe it'll no longer be an M3 it'll be a M4 instead now I'm starting to get lost here :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score

It doesn't have to be a launch party, just a good sales initiative, I would have thought.