What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

A

Anonymous

Very Very nice!! :eek:

RCZ-R please with auto spoiler and a throaty roar to compliment the Lion. :mrgreen: and a blue light. :lol:

P.S Dear Mr Clarkeson :Moony:

A

Anonymous

I will kiss my own arse or any owners of a rczr if it makes it on to this forum hype on the eve of the Paris motor show

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
I will kiss my own arse or any owners of a rczr if it makes it on to this forum hype on the eve of the Paris motor show

I take it you will make this a public event? :lol:

Better still what about the finale to a scottish meet! :dance:

A

Anonymous

Re: New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

Hey I do not like the new mouth, the old was an aggressive lion's mouth, the new resembles a frog's mouth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A

Anonymous

I have just been reading back the transcript of the Facebook chat regarding the new RCZ that Liz mentioned. I thought that some of you may be interested to know that the new RCZ will feature a new sat nav system. Well new to the RCZ. They are going to be fitted with the sat nav system that is in the current 508s. Also, there will be no further quad exhaust option.

A

Anonymous

I hope you don't mind me sharing these Liz but, there were also a couple of images of the new Bistre colour:

RCZ1

Reaction score

Yes and did you know that the new Sat Nav is about half the price of the existing one?

You'll still be able to buy quads from RCZ Performance though ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Yes and did you know that the new Sat Nav is about half the price of the existing one?

You'll still be able to buy quads from RCZ Performance though ;)

I did notice that. The transcript of the conversation is quite interesting. I tried to pick a few of the highlights. My question was, "which of the new options/parts can be retrofitted to the MK1?" The answer was that it hasn't been looked at but, in theory, quite a few parts but that there "had been quite a few changes to the front end". :lol: Funny, I hadn't noticed. ;)

The new RCZ continues to be met with rather mixed comments. I concede that many of the negative are likely to be from owners of the MK1 but it's interesting to read similar concerns to those expressed here.

Good for RCZ-performance!! :thumbup: It was mentioned that the RCZ R version will likely feature a new exhaust that "may" become an option. I quite like the fat twin exhausts shown in the concept images.

t110jim

Reaction score
Havent been on for a while but have to say as I originally stated the original design is always the best the new front just looks to fussy its niether one thing or the other.

A

Anonymous

For me the new front end is too rounded, looks stubby and not aggressive enough. Glad I got my mk1 as won't be interested in the slightest in the face lift, thumb down

A

Anonymous

chezzbutt said:
"Glad I got my mk1 as won't be interested in the slightest in the face lift, thumb down

Do you mean THE ORIGINAL :clap:

A

Anonymous

I don't really understand why the top section of the grille has chrome bars and the lower one has black bars.

I agree with you Chuzz. It really is too friendly looking...a bit like a drunken frog.

A

Anonymous

The rcz with the dark xenon light enclosures look really cool and are far more attractive than the old xenons but the new non xenons lights are crud end of and rizz them photos do the new colour and new bumper no favours mate

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
The rcz with the dark xenon light enclosures look really cool and are far more attractive than the old xenons but the new non xenons lights are crud end of and rizz them photos do the new colour and new bumper no favours mate

I know Jassy. It's quite hard to see the new colour but, personally, it's not a colour I would have chosen. I just thought some members who aren't on the book of face might like to see the shots. I hope Liz doesn't mind me sharing them. :eek:

A

Anonymous

Still think that the new front end is far too rounded and the LEDs are far too small. I'm not sure why they haven't done what they did on the new 208s and worked them into the headlight cluster and retained the fog lights.

A

Anonymous

As it used to say on my old school report "could do bettter" but they didn't but l still think its improvement over the old model.

A

Anonymous

My RCZ 2012 model is nicer. My wife said so too. :)

The new design is not as fierce as the old one. The best location to put the LED is inside the main headlight (eg. Audi, but then TT owners will complain even more...). Volkswagen put LED into the main headlight too, so there is no right or wrong for Peugeot to just adapt that.