What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

mk1 v mk2...

A

Anonymous

I fell in love with the mk1 at the launch in Frankfurt. I am glad that Peugeot has evolved the car, because however good the original, times move on. You are now blessed with a choice if you want the super car looks for a reasonable sum, a mk1 or a mk2. Any rcz will generate more positive comments towards you than the obvious competition.
Yes it is still a flawed car in some respects, but all the better for it. I'll have marmite any day over vanilla. From a separate thread, the boot on the mk2 presumably still pours water in when it rains, great!
There is a lot of focus on the nose change from mk1 to mk2, because much of the rest is the same. Fall in love with either and you will not have a bland relationship with a bland car.
I'm nearing the end of 3 years with my mk1 and have lined up something different because my needs have changed. I like the evolution to mk2 and trust Pug will continue to evolve their supercar.
Cheers
:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Do we know if there will be a MK3?

I ask because I love my car so much, I'd be gutted if there wasn't the possibility of another RCZ in 4 years time.

Unless of course down the line it turns out to be a total lemon or my circumstances totally change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

CatherineF said:
Do we know if there will be a MK3?

I ask because I love my car so much, I'd be gutted if there wasn't the possibility of another RCZ in 4 years time.

Unless of course down the line it turns out to be a total lemon or my circumstances totally change.

of course there will.....you don't hear of models getting binned after only 7 years.....unless they're really crap I suppose :lol:

A

Anonymous

7 years I'm guessing would be around the end of the current cars life cycle. Let's hope the current car has been a big enough success for Peugeot to build a replacement.

A

Anonymous

LOL. I can honestly say this car has had more looks in a week than our 986 and 987 Boxsters ever had. The only thing that's come close is a TVR Tamora we had in about 9 years ago!

A

Anonymous

It seems that the Mk1 & Mk2 showdown pretty much boils down to the front bumper , no one really mentions the seats or headlights very much (which are very nice on the Mk2) but not a game changer, just the nosecone..... I prefer the nosecone of the Mk2 when it's the black car, but the Mk1 in all the other colours because you can see the meaner/larger grill as there is a contrast between the body colour and black grill. For me it looks purposeful, like the car wants to pounce on you and kill ya. The black tends to merge in and the mean grill is lost in all the black. However , my attempt at accentuating said grill has resulted "at least for me" that same mean look by just bordering it with an alloy strip , now I daren't look at it in case it kills me too lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Love what you've done to that grill more every time I see it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Cheers ste, took many go's and lots of different variations but in the end it seemed less is more worked perfick ;0)
If your local to me I'll do yours matey ;0)

A

Anonymous

Lainey said:
It seems that the Mk1 & Mk2 showdown pretty much boils down to the front bumper , no one really mentions the seats or headlights very much (which are very nice on the Mk2) but not a game changer, just the nosecone..... I prefer the nosecone of the Mk2 when it's the black car, but the Mk1 in all the other colours because you can see the meaner/larger grill as there is a contrast between the body colour and black grill. For me it looks purposeful, like the car wants to pounce on you and kill ya. The black tends to merge in and the mean grill is lost in all the black. However , my attempt at accentuating said grill has resulted "at least for me" that same mean look by just bordering it with an alloy strip , now I daren't look at it in case it kills me too lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks Nasty, nasty like the xenomorph in the Aliens film

A

Anonymous

Lainey said:
Cheers ste, took many go's and lots of different variations but in the end it seemed less is more worked perfick ;0)
If your local to me I'll do yours matey ;0)
Very kind offer ta, but sadly I'm a couple of hundred miles northwards of you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I so wish I was closer to Lainey as I'd have some of the interior done in piano black. The door handle surrounds, the door pulls and probably the electric window switch surrounds.