What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

mk1 v mk2...

A

Anonymous

Oh well I prefer my original classic. But I would say that wouldn't i new front don't do anything for me. Personally think the recessed fogs on the 1st looks sharper. Tin hat on ready for the face lift bashers coming shortly.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
The facelift has really grown one me. Kerrys car is responsible for that :lol:

But, I too prefer the first ones.

RCZ1

Reaction score
OK here goes ;)

I much prefer the look of the Mk 2 to the Mk 1 :)

When you see a Mk2 coming towards you, they look much lower than the Mk1. To my eyes, it looks sleeker and well, just more handsome. Oh and have I mentioned it reminds me of an Aston Martin ;) lol

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Think your right there were it not for the big silver lion badge on the front. One reason why I'm going to plasti dip mine !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

To be honest both mk1 and mk2 look ugly from the front. Thank goodness for that ass!

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
To be honest both mk1 and mk2 look ugly from the front. Thank goodness for that ass!

I'm sure my Steve would say the same about me......... :oops:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:
Figo said:

I'm sure my Steve would say the same about me......... :oops:

A

Anonymous

Well, as a proud owner of the original. I prefer the new face lifted version.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

frankvdb

Reaction score
I like the classic's big mouth design which was typical for Peugeot then.
Also, the classic has proper fog lights instead of those flimsy poser DRLs... :wtf:

RCZ1

Reaction score
kaminski said:
My own opinion is that i loved the car at first launch.. but i thought the front let it down.profile and rear spot on... I think peugeot tried to install the corporate nose to instal some cred to the brand.When i seen the facelift i had to have one... a car like that should have its own identity i think...Thanks for thoughts people.

Well said that man :)

I agree with every word you say. It looked good in its original guise. Hell, it made me buy one without seeing one in the flesh however time moves on and I think the facelifted Z has made it look more grown up ;)

A

Anonymous

Good mix of views on this matter and no boxing gloves(or lightsabres) have come out either so far lol
I nearly bought the facelift, however I knew I was going to mod the thing straight away (as I have ) so with that in mind I ended up going for the original as I think it looks a lot more aggressive when modded which was right up my alley.

A

Anonymous

Slightly different view for me.
I loved the look of the rear of the RCZ but didn't like the front on either model, but when i saw the black arches that was it for me. Fell in love with it. I feel the black arches brings the roof down and it looks as if it longer and lower ( and with the amount of times I've hit my head getting in it feels lower!!!)

Diggerd

A

Anonymous

I prefer the pre facelift, there's something about that big manic grin that tickles me. The post facelift works in black with the vision pack though, I'm just not quite as keen in other colours but I wouldn't turn one down.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' all, :greetings-wavingblue:

..im gona stand up proud and risk being shot down by 'friendly fire' from all those that have had OR witnessed both pets and young children being eaten whole by the angry snarling mouth/grill of the aggressive looking mk1 which is fashioned on the open mouth of a shark ,,& fitted with auxiliary lamps either side to assist in spotting its preferred prey ,,TT's !

In my humble 'back bencher' opinion I admit there was no need to fashion the mk1 with such a truck sized front badge surround but its obvious why they did it ,,the marketing folk at Peugeot needed the world to know the Z' was an adventurous & bold creation of theirs from 50 to 100 paces.

The mk2 has been noticeably softened at the front which is often the case with facelifts in both humans as well as cars and as such the second born is delivered with less anger to its new born face!

Both models are nice just in different ways and both could have had their faces finished a little better: on the mk1 the DRL's didn't need to be yellow AND on the mk2 the DRL's could have been better styled especially in light of the DRL's seen even on other new Pugs.

.the big blue (..hoping that i haven't attracted any undue friendly fire to myself or my shark faced Z' ) !! :oops:

hanswuk

Reaction score
I too like both - one is not necessarily better than the other they're just different. However I do much prefer the lion badge on the later car - it looks much cleaner and neater. Having said that I'd definitely go for a facelift version next time.