What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

mk1 v mk2...

A

Anonymous

Face lift for me

Attachments

• 20140124_113641.jpg
    20140124_113641.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 894
A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
kaminski said:
My own opinion is that i loved the car at first launch.. but i thought the front let it down.profile and rear spot on... I think peugeot tried to install the corporate nose to instal some cred to the brand.When i seen the facelift i had to have one... a car like that should have its own identity i think...Thanks for thoughts people.

Well said that man :)

I agree with every word you say. It looked good in its original guise. Hell, it made me buy one without seeing one in the flesh however time moves on and I think the facelifted Z has made it look more grown up ;)

Its certaintly more grown up depending on the colour. Yours being a prime example!

Looking back at my first rcz compared to my new one I think the dark colour makes it much more grown up

A

Anonymous

Facelift, but only if it has the vision pack/black lights. Otherwise, original please!

A

Anonymous

MK 2 never... :thumbdown: just a new bumper for christ sake :crazy: PUT IT IT THIS WAY the older RCZ is a "squared jawed action hero" the new bumpered RCZ IS Just "Ross" from "FRIENDS"Chin less.....Dark Xenon lights should have been there from the START..........its not a facelift or a MK1/MK2

"A RCZ WITH THE MESH GRILL LOOKS FAR BETTER THAN" the newer RCZ. and its only a matter of time before the rcz gets the new 308 headlamps its like the 308 is the genesis for the rcz :wtf:

DanRo

Reaction score
I prefer the mk2, i have never liked the first nose. When face lift came out i said now it's time to order one. :D

A

Anonymous

the big blue said:
a stand up proud and risk being shot down by 'friendly fire' from all those that have had OR witnessed both pets and young children being eaten whole by the angry snarling mouth/grill of the aggressive looking mk1 which is fashioned on the open mouth of a shark ,,& fitted with auxiliary lamps either side to assist in spotting its preferred prey ,,TT's !

:lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol:

Reaction score
I must admit I wasn't over keen on the mk2 when It came out but I must say I do love it in the Moroccan red, but what I like about the mk1 is side on the front as that shark look about it.

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Looking back at my first rcz compared to my new one I think the dark colour makes it much more grown up

Less hairdresser? :eusa-whistle:

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' all :greetings-wavingblue: ...I think that the picture posted by "lionheart" of his black predator of a Z' illustrates all that I have said about the aggressive snarling mouth of the mk1.

If I was walking home alone one dark night and turned a corner and came face to face with lionhearts Z' my pulse would quicken and i'd turn and run especially if I saw the subtle glimmer of off white from the filament bulbed DRL's signifying the the thing was not quite asleep. There is no denying that the front end isn't menacing!! :twisted:

In my mind I can almost see young children bursting into tears when when he pulls up at the traffic lights, mother's trying to cover their petrified children's weeping eyes whilst fathers stand in a Rambo like stance to protect their family until the lights turn to green and the threat subsides as "lionheart" slowly pulls away from the junction. :helpme:

Now I ask, what other car is able to command such presence, fear and a paternal instinct to protect?? :eusa-think: ...Z' we love you in whatever guise you reveal yourself to us mortals AND whatever face you show to the world your origins remain!

.the big blue (..sorry i must have drifted off whilst sat on the back benches of the chamber having looked at lionhearts Z')

A

Anonymous

Facelift for me, but then I am biased. It is just a lot more up to date, the old front is starting to show it's age in my opinion.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
A RCZ WITH THE MESH GRILL LOOKS FAR BETTER THAN" the newer RCZ. and its only a matter of time before the rcz gets the new 308 headlamps its like the 308 is the genesis for the rcz :wtf:
I seriously doubt they are gonna change it again. Itll look like the mk2 until a new model comes along.

the big blue

Reaction score
....Hi' kaminski :greetings-wavingblue:

,,please don't tell the "Master Detailers" but before I composed my earlier post on mk1 or mk2, I had been practicing the 'dark arts' of detailing using DoDo's Purple Haze and must have over inhaled the sweet aromas coming off the Z's beautifully curved rear end :oops: ,,,paintwork!

RCZ1 the Master Detailer Guru herself has warned me about sniffing the DoDo in the past ,,so in which case why did they package my 30ml in a snuff sized pot I ask !!

.the big blue (..currently detained in the Dodo Juice rehab centre along with the Chemical Guys and the Poor Boys) :helpme:

A

Anonymous

makaveli144 said:
Facelift for me, but then I am biased. It is just a lot more up to date, the old front is starting to show it's age in my opinion.

The front of First RCZ was showing its age as it appeared with them Chrome bars across the front and chrome headlamps, retro 70's didnt work on the rcz,even to change them to black makes a huge difference as does the new grey xenon enclosures,so just a little mod like wrapping the chrome barrs makes a big difference like LIONHEARTS car :cool:

My car intially had chrome beseled xenons,it now has Black beseled xenons...long story :eusa-think: but what a difference it makes to the car

Pre make over rcz can be made to look very individual at the front,where the newer rcz cannot be

and you will find a lot of the new 308 in the next rcz outside and inside :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I don't know which I prefer. There are some things I prefer pre face lift and some things that I prefer post surgery. Not even all of it relates to the face, I much prefer the black arches on most of the RCZs (except on the dolphins interestingly enough). Personally though, I think that the Zunsport mesh grille makes a world of difference to the Mk I (pics before and after).

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Heres a comparison pic.

Wow it's interesting to look at them side by side. Am I right that the bonnet is a new pressing?

A

Anonymous

IMO this photoshop is the best looks like the facelift 308, i think they should have swapped and give the new RCZ facelift to the 308 and vice versa :thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 841