What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Maximum speed achieved with your RCZ

A

Anonymous

Although you highlight a serious point in a light hearted manner this does remind me of an incident that I had in my own RCZ early into ownership.

Allow me to set the scene, there's a clutch of local shops nearby to my house - a small co-op, baker etc and the entrance from the road is wide but enters into a small and narrow car park with about 8 spaces. Returning home from somewhere with Mrs Rizz, she highlighted that we needed milk so I pulled in off the road and entered doing about 7mph. I was conscious of a late middle aged chap standing behind his older BMW 3 series so was entering cautiously. I clocked him looking at the car and me entering and then, for absolutely no explicable reason, decided to walk out directly in front of me. I literally had to slam on the brakes which are somewhat more effective at this speed than I assumed and, under an emergency stop, the hazards immediately come on. He casually continues to cross eyeballing me. I gesture at him the international shrug with open palms and shake of the head that politely means, "erm...wtf chap?!"

Now...I continue to park up conscious of the fact that the idiot is now standing watching me and standing on the periphery of the car park. Now, the chap wasn't particularly pleasant looking (in fact I'm not sure that even his mother would have been able to love that face) and was of a sizeable build. I'm 6ft 1 but have the build akin to commonwealth marathon runner. However, I'm not quick to be intimidated so, "b*ll*cks to this things I" and I exit the car to set about my dairy mission. I cross the car park for this now rather irate numpty to head to me looking as though his face needs a let off valve. What happened next was nothing short of bizarre (and I'll have to heavily edit and shorten):
He approaches and shoves me in the chest -
Him: what the f**k do you think your doing you f**k**g w@*ker?
Me : me?! You watched me coming in and then walked clean in front of me! Are you unaware how cars work?! (Baiting I know and I know I shouldn't have but he was a twat)
Him: f**k off. You were showing off and coming in far too fast.
Me: I wouldn't call 7mph fast. I entered safely so you can wise up with that.

This sort of exchange continues for several minutes but concludes with the final remarks:
Him - "You're just a tosser. In you come with your shiny new funcy (that's actually how he said the word) motor, showing off and expecting that you can do whatever you like. Well you...and your posers car can get tae f*ck"
Me - says the BMW driver

With that I shoulder past him to collect my milk.

Now...normally, by nature, I am a passive and ridiculously laid back individual but that got my back right up but it did make me wonder if the exchange would have been different had the wife been driving or had I been driving something like her Noddy Fiat 500. There'll be people who look on with admiration but you'll also get the haters!

2retro

Reaction score
Good story! Sounds like a typical BMW driver!

And congrats on your 8000th post too! :eek:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Your right with that Rizz, although I've had many an admiring glance, I've also had people mouthing the likes of w@nker, just cos I was parking the car! :shock:

Btw, are you having an 8k party :lol:

A

Anonymous

2retro said:
Good story! Sounds like a typical BMW driver!

And congrats on your 8000th post too! :eek:

No way...I'm never on my 800th post! Wow!! :eek: However, thank you!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

If it was an old guy..you should have gubbed him and sped off.
:eusa-whistle:

2retro

Reaction score
wrapper said:
If it was an old guy..you should have gubbed him and sped off.
:eusa-whistle:
Gubbed? Sounds like a sex crime...! :wtf:

A

Anonymous

32(30), 42(40), 52(50) and 72(70). Driving on the edge, can't risk losing my License.

A

Anonymous

Interesting about the 157mph post, as I thought all EU cars are limited to 155mph by law?

Personally, yet to have my Z on the road, but hit 115 in my 207 1.6 in the dead of night.

*note the above was performed on a private test road.

A

Anonymous

It's worth noting that a speedometer becomes notoriously unreliable above 3 figures.

A

Anonymous

Not worth my licence and possibly my job if I tried 3 figures on the roads of North Wales.

Boring I know, but I prefer acceleration to top end as anybody can drive fast!

Anyway, just to be boring and all Fire Servicey, speed is the biggest road killer!

A

Anonymous

I have to agree with that and assert that the forum does not condone nor encourage driving at excessive speeds (above legal limits). Although I will mention that Bowerz noted that his speeds were achieved on private roads.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Bowerz said:
Interesting about the 157mph post, as I thought all EU cars are limited to 155mph by law

We seem to be discovering that the actual speed is typically some 3-4mph less than that indicated on the dashboard.

A

Anonymous

Elephant99 said:
...just to be boring and all Fire Servicey, speed is the biggest road killer!
True, albeit more accurately, it's the sudden absence of previous speed!...

RCZ1

Reaction score
Elephant99 said:
Not worth my licence and possibly my job if I tried 3 figures on the roads of North Wales.

Boring I know, but I prefer acceleration to top end as anybody can drive fast!

Anyway, just to be boring and all Fire Servicey, speed is the biggest road killer!

Wholeheartedly agree with your last comment. It really isn't worth it. You can still enjoy your car and get full satisfaction from it without putting your driving licence at risk. Take it from someone who was very, very lucky.

renegade79

Reaction score
Bowerz said:
Interesting about the 157mph post, as I thought all EU cars are limited to 155mph by law?

Personally, yet to have my Z on the road, but hit 115 in my 207 1.6 in the dead of night.

what are the gps coordinates of this "private road" so we can all have a go!!! :lol:

2retro

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
Bowerz said:

what are the gps coordinates of this "private road" so we can all have a go!!! :lol:
It's that long road between London and Leeds... :lol:

A

Anonymous

why do you have that pic of Noel Gallagher and Neil Lennon in your profile??
:D

2retro

Reaction score
wrapper said:
why do you have that pic of Noel Gallagher and Neil Lennon in your profile??
:D
No idea who Neil Lennon is but Noel Gallagher is a bit of genius in my eyes. Apart from being a top song writer some of his observations are spot on. Like this one about Zayn leaving One Direction:

"It's a strange thing for that lad to have done at that age. The greatest quote was - I laughed out loud when I read it ' 'I just want to be a normal 22-year-old.' Pfft. Who wants to be a normal 22-year-old?! Hang on a minute. You can be f***ing anything that moves and gettin' paid half a million dollars a week. You want to be a normal 22-year-old? Have you met any normal 22-year-olds? They’re f***in' sh*t-for-brains. What are you talking about, you f***in’ idiot?"

"God. All those young Japanese girls suckin' me c**k. So shallow and meaningless... I’ll say this to you, Zayn: You might have wanted to be a normal 22-year-old, but you won’t want to be a normal 25-year-old".

:lol: