What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Maximum speed achieved with your RCZ

rcz200it

Reaction score
I reached 240/kmh on 100 octane at night=237 km/h on GPS three aboard
I reached 237/kmh on 95 octane by day on same road with two aboard

the big blue

Reaction score
... :eusa-shhh: ..i fear that this post is sponsored by the local Constabulary/ Police :law-policered:

.the big blue (..they say that the most reliable confessions are those that do not have to be beaten out of you AND/OR are Not given whilst under the influence of alcohol !) ,,at least Mach 1 having accidentally filled up with Shell Kerosene ! :beer:

A

Anonymous

Mach 1? Sea level or at altitude? I struggle to push my rcz above Mach .95 at sea level.

A

Anonymous

I was going through town today and I lost concentration for a minute and went to 32mph! Everyone just looked like I was crazy. I instantly realised what I was doing and had to slow down. I'm glad the police weren't around otherwise I would have been in trouble :-O

A

Anonymous

32 mph!!!!! You guys are...NUTS and have boulder sized cahones!!! :eek:

rcz200it

Reaction score
Always tried flat out at least once autobahn strongly suggested if not on track would be best! ;-)

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
I cant get over the fact you all actually DRIVE your cars o_O

Figured i may aswell drive it now because once i start putting pretty bits on im not gonna want to risk damaging anything lol

RCZ-R

Reaction score
158 mph in my R.

That is where the speed limiter kicks in. I'd love to see what she can achieve when not limited.

I drive flat out as often as possible. Which is quite often the case :)
120-130 mph on daily basis is the standard.

RCZash

Reaction score
Oh to live in Germany. No :police:

the big blue

Reaction score
...OR to have a motorbike licence and ride anything from a 600cc bike on a regular basis !!

.the big blue (..thats not a confession form a humble back bencher BUT I hear theres now't more exhilarating than a bike tacho bouncing in the red zone ,,especially when 1000cc sports bikes can hit triple figures in first gear) !! :eusa-shhh:

:law-policered: :helpme:

A

Anonymous

RCZ-R said:
158 mph in my R.

That is where the speed limiter kicks in. I'd love to see what she can achieve when not limited.

To me Straight-line speed driving is boring to say the least,"give me a B road anyday" and in this country, " driving at them speeds and in the UK, its License losing :law-policered: :law-policered: and very dangerous, your speedo at the speeds you state will be well out especially over 130 mph and will no doubt over time, it will knock the BHP out the engine plus bring on early engine wear and tear, leading to very expensive repair bulbs.

Just my opinion :)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
RCZ-R said:
158 mph in my R.

To me Straight-line speed driving is boring to say the least,"give me a B road anyday" and in this country, " driving at them speeds and in the UK, its License losing :law-policered: :law-policered: and very dangerous, your speedo at the speeds you state will be well out especially over 130 mph and will no doubt over time, it will knock the BHP out the engine plus bring on early engine wear and tear, leading to very expensive repair bulbs.

Just my opinion :)

Your opinion. I've been doing it for years. Many of those.
Yes, straight line speeding is a bit boring but creeping at 70 mph is even more.
No, the speedo is not out. In all french cars the speedo is very accurate up to the top speed. So those 158 mph indicated relate to true 155 mph (where the limiter kicks in).
About that wear off: those french engines are tougher than you think. My previous french turbo engined car took that treatment (and even worse) without any problems for over 150.000 miles. It still drives well.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Further to this, I've just acquired an o d2 pod to use with dash command on my smart phone. One thing I noticed immediately was that the cars speedo - digital or analoge gauge - was always 3mph faster than the speed indicated by dash command.

A

Anonymous

215 KM/H in Costa rica and the road got short, but im hopping to do 240 km/h :thumbup:

DRTDVL

Reaction score
No idea the top speed but I drive our rcz very hard from time to time... It's the Wife's car. Last drive I had my friend following me in his rs250 Megane... I know I saw 185 at one point, he said he saw 195 and we both we still accelerating.

Country b roads at or about midnight, none of this motorway stuff.

He did say I was holding him up a bit.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, yesterday, a woman walked straight out in front of me, while dragging a small child along with her. Just as I hit the brakes hard, I saw I was doing 36 in a 30 zone. She shook her head at me and said something, which I assume wasn't a compliment at how shiny my Z was looking.

I had a long hard think about whether I was being irresponsible doing 36 (so that's in fact probably closer to 33) in a 30 zone, or whether someone in charge of a small child should actually look to see if anything was coming before dragging afore mentioned child into a main road :eusa-think:

She no doubt went home and told her OH (if she has one) that she had nearly been mowed down by some idiot in a sports car, driving like a lunatic :wtf:

I wonder what her reaction would have been if it had been an old lady driving a Morris Minor she had stepped in front of. I think it would have been a little different :eusa-shhh: