What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Maximum speed achieved with your RCZ

A

Anonymous

Got up to 138 mph!! Private road!! Was strange! Was at about 4.5 tho rpm! And wasnt giving much more!! Are rcz's restricted on speed? If so should get a lot more out of her!! :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

220kph with only 4500 rpm??? I think you might have a problem with your rev counter as you should be at least 5800 with that speed!! At 233 I was just about to redline.

A

Anonymous

bokepacha said:
Lol, my max. speed was 170 kph and I was thinking those 3 cars that saw me were all jailbaits from police...how on earth can you go so fast without worries about radars and police?...

If you manage to get a speeding ticket in Chile you are very unlucky!

A

Anonymous

:eusa-think: its strange!! Not sure how it all works! And your only getting 233 before red lining, with a 200hp! Mine is only a 156hp, its second hand though, so may have been tinkered with!! mmmmmmmmm interesting!!

A

Anonymous

dorice said:
:eusa-think: its strange!! Not sure how it all works! And your only getting 233 before red lining, with a 200hp! Mine is only a 156hp, its second hand though, so may have been tinkered with!! mmmmmmmmm interesting!!

My 233kph (145mph) was on GPS not on speedo so that is pretty much the top speed you are going to get out of any 200 I reckon. If your 220kph was from your speedo then you were probably doing around 208kph in real terms and that's within the realms of expected performance from the 156. As to why you were only pulling 4500 revs at that speed is another matter...I would imagine there is an issue with your rev counter though.

A

Anonymous

"said it felt like it was flying!"

Well I guess she has a point, flying Ryanair is like sitting in the back of an RCZ....actually its probably more comfortable in the RCZ

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
Well I guess she has a point, flying Ryanair is like sitting in the back of an RCZ....actually its probably more comfortable in the RCZ

:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just quoted for being truth

A

Anonymous

:eusa-think: Ummmm.....well, we drove up to the Highlands of Scotland at 5am last Saturday morning (got back this evening), & I think I'm pushing my luck at 90mph. My wife however, set Cruise Control at 90mph & I woke up from a nice little :sleeping-yellow: , & thought, crikey, we're shifting, looked at the speedo & she was topping 119mph :eek:

She said she was just overtaking...........................what.......a bloody aeroplane??????? :crazy:

A

Anonymous

120mph

Anonymous :)

PS And still couldn't see the spoiler but just about could see the Audi R8 I was trying to keep up with!!!

A

Anonymous

30 mph and 40 max mph where we are next week-any ideas where ?

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
120mph

Anonymous :)

PS And still couldn't see the spoiler but just about could see the Audi R8 I was trying to keep up with!!!

it is not just me then who cannot see their spoiler i was at 100mph and I couldn't see my spoiler

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
:eusa-think: Ummmm.....well, we drove up to the Highlands of Scotland at 5am last Saturday morning (got back this evening), & I think I'm pushing my luck at 90mph. My wife however, set Cruise Control at 90mph & I woke up from a nice little :sleeping-yellow: , & thought, crikey, we're shifting, looked at the speedo & she was topping 119mph :eek:

She said she was just overtaking...........................what.......a bloody aeroplane??????? :crazy:

Well my darling (I'm Marthamay's other half), all I can say is.........thank god you did'nt wake up 5 minutes earlier :oops:

127mph & I could see that spoiler in the mirror, but please don't tell my husband. :eusa-shhh: he's not logging in tonite so might not read this...fingers crossed. :shock:

If he does see this by any chance, can anyone give me the name of a good divorce lawyer :lol:

It was on a virtually empty motorway, very early in the morning, I might add.

A

Anonymous

A few days ago I reached 124mph. It was just a second, they I went crazy about police again and slowed down to 68mph and I felt myself so So legal (lol)

A

Anonymous

bee said:
30 mph and 40 max mph where we are next week-any ideas where ?

Channel Islands. Most likely to be Jersey as it does have a single length of very short dual carriageway that has a 40mph limit.....

A

Anonymous

mr shiney you got it-have just returned- the narrow country lanes are terrible to negotiate in a wide rcz- on the ferry you get about 9" space to open the door for access. picked what i thought was the best parking spot at the hotel but someone damaged my rear bumper, thats now three bits of paint damage for the smart repair guy. oh while im in the moaning mood, the fast ferrys are all in slow mode,they recon they have mechanicle problems, i recon they are saving fuel. nice place though.